Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ

You are expected to work all holidays and contribute to longer hours than your original shift; However, you are compensated generously for doing so. Only other thing is the management is there for most of the hotel positions but not for the smaller outlet jobs.
Pros
Free lunches, hotel stays, high pay
Cons
Lack of direction and accountability
I wish I would have looked into working for Hyatt much earlier in my career, and would still work there if it weren't for COVID. The ability to crosstrain is amazing.
I had worked for Hyatt for over 30 years and due to Covid-19, my position was eliminated and 99% of my staff laid off. In the years that i worked at Hyatt I was given the Opportunity to learn and grow everyday. My doing good job I was able to work in many departments until I became a part of upper management! It is unfortunate that this disease has decimated our Industry and so many great associates and Managers have lost their jobs. If Hyatt called me tomorrow, I would go back to work immediately! I thank them for the 30+ years that they have given me,
Working for hyatt was very empowering to me, they promote within the company and encourage you to learn as much about different departments as you can.
Pros
the hyatt provides lunch, Promoting within the company and allowing you to train in different departments, aldo they pay for stundents to go to school, $1000 a semester.
Cons
depends on the hyatt and department but i commonly worked doubles, which i was always asked and willing to do.
Great company to work for. Family like atmosphere. Ability to move to other properties. Great benefits as an employee. Hyatt truly cares about their guest and employees.
My overall experience at hyatt was great even though it was about 45 minutes away from my house i worked well with my co-workers and was about to relate to everyone my first week there
I loved working they, great people to work for and with. I would absolutely work for them again. Great Management, great environment can't beat 5 day work weeks
Pros
Discounted rooms, fun environment
Cons
Low pay
Hyatt was ok the establishment taught me not to go to human resources , against a powerful manager, The managemebt team looked out for riff raff managers.
Fair employer. They treat everyone nice here. The pay is competitive, and benefits are above average. Flexible with work hours. Rarely asked to work overtime. Always get my 40 hours per week even when the hotel is slow in the summertime. All in all, a good place to work.
Amazing company. But management tend to pick favorites and only listen to them. (At my location) They all gossip and bully. HR would help but they too also are besties with mangment.
Andez is a wonderful nurturing environment offering unique challenges to those interested in elevating their hospitality skill set. If you want to grow and perhaps even travel the world Hyatt is a great way to go.
Pros
Lots of fun and unique perks
Cons
Can get a bit slow in the summer time.
several types of massage to practice. Good employees. Employer easy to get along with. greet facifilitys in rooms and loved the bose music system with ability to choose music from a menu.
For a corporate company, the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa treats its employees excellently. One free lunch per day, and respect from supervisors made for a great place to work.
Hyatt is a great place to work,and a different culture enviroment. For example every Friday they have Native American dances that they let the audience participate in the activities.
Pros
Great paychecks during season.
Cons
You have to find another job during summer. No hours.
It was like joining a new family. This is ridiculous why am I being required to review this job. I liked it a lot and it is unfortunate that I was no longer able to work there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The company is well managed and offers excellent benefits to employees. They have excellent service training and offer training for career advancement.
I had the opportunity to work in different culinary areas, get to learn a lot, great benefits and nice people to work with.medium size hotel easy to manage
Pros
close from home
Cons
big commitment with daily changes
I learned a lot bye working with this job, I loved everything about my job and the people I worked with. I got to do new things everyday, the showed me the ropes on how to train new people.
Maintained cash levels at main vault, issued house banks, and prepared daily deposits, due backs, cash exchanges, petty cash, group payouts, and updated foreign currency rates. Managed A/P for assigned accounts, processing vendor payments and cutting checks.
All the onsite restaurants our really well run. The golf course is amazing. The hours are plenty. Very high volume type fast paced job. Really well trained supervisors and chefs
Great place to work with amazing co-workers and great management. Flexible shifts and very accommodating with request. Very family type of environment and truly felt like managment cared for the employees.
Pros
great atmosphere, health coverage, paid vacation.
Cons
no fixed schedule, minimized staff, pay increases were minimal