Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 8,787 reviews
Hyatt
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 December 2019
It was good overall I just wanted a better work place I worked with all different races n everybody got along for the most part of it I learn how to fold everything the correct way. The Manger was ok. Housekeeping was the hardest part was getting the bed right but I finally got it
Pros
They help wuth ahy problen u have
Cons
They bring every problem u ever had up bsck to back
Great Place
Manager, Andare Kitchen & Bar (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2019
Hyatt truly cares for people so that they can be their best. The senior leadership is transparent and honest and has proven that they actually care about both line level and management staff.
Drama
Pastry Cook II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 September 2019
You have to keep your head down and not socialize. They use everything against you. A lot of people are two faced there as well. The company isn't bad but the employees are garbage.
Caring Hotel Company
Laundry Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 August 2019
I opened a 1260 room upscale hotel laundry department. Experienced using the tunnel washer when it worked. Tunnel system consisted of washer, press, shuttle and dryers. When one breaks down, the tunnel can't be utilized which is the main source for washing room linen. The meals are free and the food is very good. Colleagues appear to be naturally happy. The GM is very approachable and appears to be caring and listens.
Pros
Caring environment, food, upscale laundry equipment, salary
Cons
Tunnel system not reliable, irons keep breaking down, no accountabilty, finger pointing, lack of support
Awesome Place to Work
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 August 2019
Amazing property to work for with a dynamic management team. The senior management really pushes for everyone to feel included and part of the property experience to provide the guest with real care. I learned a lot from this property and its leadership team.
Engaging fast paced work environment
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 July 2019
Fast paced sales and customer satisfaction oriented environment. Not the worse hotel to work for and not the best depending on what department you're in.
Great
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 June 2019
Good place to work. Learned a lot of useful skills. The people are nice and I have no real complaints. Working the graveyard shift is tough on health so after a few years I quit.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hours can be rough
Very poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 June 2019
Do not let the name fool you. It is not a Hyatt. It is a franchise hotel with lousy management.
Benefit sucks, no 401k, no meals, lowest pay in Seattle
Great Job, poor work life balance.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 April 2019
A typical day at the Market at the Hyatt was serving customers their food and drink orders in a fast paced environment. Coworkers and customers were great, but the management did not consider your personal life at all when making the schedule.
Pros
free lunch, provided uniform, hotel benefits
Cons
schedules not out in a timely manner.
N/a
Mechanical Equipment/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA18 February 2019
I was so happy to work with Hyatt company the Management have a good Hyatt is good company to work i really love and I recommand to everyone this company
Fun work place
Banquet Server & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2018
I loved working with my co-worker and all of my immediate supervisors and managers. It is a great place to work with a very reasonable package that you could use in your life.
Pros
Free meal and fun people to work with
Cons
No steady work due to the nature of banquet service event
Generally Happy Place
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 November 2018
The Hyatt at Olive 8 is a great hotel to work at. They have great benefits for all employees. The pay is fairly low for how long and hard the work there is, especially once you get into the salaried positions, but that is made up for by being a pretty genial environment. If you are looking to develop skills in hospitality or office management, I can't think of a better place to start a career, though most move on once they have the skills to find a better opportunity.
The company truly supports diveristy
Events Set-up (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 October 2018
The hyatt@olive 8 is a fine place to work. It's a beautiful hotel.
The employees are generally very happy and enjoy their work. You are exposed to people staying there from all over the world. The hotel is located close to buses and parking. The management seems to care about it's people.
Pros
They have a free meals and the envirorment is very pleasant.
Cons
I can't think of any
Fun place with a warm environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA22 August 2018
A good company with good leadership running the place. It has proven to be a good place to hone my skills. Hyatt is a company willing to invest in you and create opportunities for you provided you put in the work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
negligible salary growth
Great Company!
Social Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 June 2018
Wish there were more opportunities for advancement; however, it is a great company to work for! I have learned so much about the hospitality industry and could not have asked for a better company/team to have worked alongside with.
Hyatt corporation is a great company to work for.
Seattle - Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 May 2018
Hyatt is like family. Everyone knows your name , very inviting, they care so employees can be the best they can be which in turn makes happy guests. Opportunity to grow in the company is wonderful.
Benefits
Cons
Direct management
High pace and great environment to work in.
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA23 May 2018
Working with other co-workers and helping guests is your primary function. It can be very high pace at times. The benefits are good and wages are competitive.
Pros
Great if you like working with people.
Cons
Commuting to downtown can be horrific.
A good company to work for.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 May 2018
Hyatt is a good company to work for. It is in the service and hospitality industry so there are plenty of hurdles. But the company is understanding and usually works with the employees for a mutually beneficial outcome.
Pros
Benefits. Good pay.
Cons
Hours. Schedule.
MG not too bad
House-person (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 April 2018
MG not too bad. but you worked at there as housemen, I can feel a lot of press from housekeeping. I don't like their complained too much, I don't want come back work with this company.
working at Waters Table
Waters Table Hostess on Lake Washington (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 April 2018
All of the employees were super nice and fun to work with, the custoemrs at times were rude but everyone who worked there had each others backs. The pace is very fast but makes it more exciting. it is a great work enviroment.

54.2K