Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in St. Louis, MO

OverallThe Hyatt Regency St.Louis at the Arch was by far my favorite job I've had. As a Front Desk Agent the pay is decent but the commissions you can make are amazing. So long as you meet your metrics you can make, realistically, more than the Front Office Manager simply by up-selling. The family feel between you, your managers, colleagues of your department as well as everyone else in the hotel is wonderful. Everyone is every knowledgeable and laid back but also hard working. Potential for advancement is there so long as you apply yourself and have a passion for Hospitality. The work hours are steady and reliable during peak season, flexible scheduling for requests off and vacation. Everyone from your fellow colleagues all the way up to the General Manager of the Hotel are friendly and welcoming which makes for one of the best working environments you've ever been in. 10/10, if I hadn't moved out of Missouri I would still be working for the Hyatt Regency St.Louis.
Work space really good with a very good vibe. I don’t really get problems nor issues. We just get to work and make this money. We really don’t deal with any rude people for real, and even if we do we respectfully respond to them and try and help the best way we can help our Customers. After all they do pay us.
Coworkers made the job fun. Most the managers wasn't that nice or reasonable. They really dont know how to treat adult workers. They treat everyone like children.
I made beds clean rooms they were good to me I was good to them it was free lunch when I needed help they was right there it's a pretty cool job I like it
I’ve been with Hyatt for 5 years now and with any luck I’ll never leave this job. The pay is great, the staff is a big diverse family, the work is fair, and being able to grab a free delicious meal from the cafeteria on your break is unbeatable.
Free food to all employees. From breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. And the managers are kinds and also the other staffs. If you're having trouble about your work or if you're stress you can talk to your managers and give you advices.
I love working there, the people I worked with were so wonderful and happy all the time. this was a job I always looked forward to going to. beside the hard cleaning parts of the rooms I find it to be a very easy job
Simple job that requires just parking customers vehicles and assisting them with their luggage. You need to have good customer service in order to grow with this company.
This job was so nasty dusty they give us to many room and I will never till no one ever to work there the employee was fighting rude taking tip from other people
good good good good pay every week good food just a good place to work good vibes good energy good peoples to be around. My fave cuz still work there he's a manger now an he love it but even before i started to work there my cuz use to always say good thing about this place that what made me apply.
Work days were sometimes long, but we got the work done to the client's specifications. Coworkers were great. Hyatt workplace culture was laid back and professional.
My job consists of checking guest in/ out. Enrollment of guest in rewards program. Taking payment from guests for their reservation. Answer any questions the quest may have about the property. I ran the nightly audit to make sure the day has rolled over for the next business day. Print necessary reports and e-mail requested reports to Management, from the previous day. Also, tell/ show guest how to get to their room. Fulfilling the guest's requests, by going above and beyond if necessary. To make sure their experience is a positive one. I also, answer the telephone, send out fax, and send out emails. All in a day's work!
its a very busy place a lot of times and we always have a load of dishes in the sink waiting when we get there. its a beuatyful hotel to stay at its very comfortable.
I loved working at the Hyatt. It was a place that said that everyone was family and you FELT like you were family. Unfortunately when I moved I had to leave the company but overall I loved working there.
i didnt like it do to the staff i that was training me they wasnt training the things they was doing was not apporiate like not changing the sheets putting the same dirty sheets back on the bed
The jobs requires a good speedy team when it comes to pa king the guests cars in a fast but efficient manner. Once a good relationship is established with other hotel employees then the day can move along alot smoother.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Hours not always sufficient
Hyatt was my favorite place to be I cldnt hardly wait to get to work it was fun it was easy it was peaceful and quiet the guest were super nice I loved it
As a housekeeper it is a job were you are kinda your own boss you don't have some one down your back as long as you get the job done your supervisor have no problem they just want there rooms flipped for the new guess. Clean the bathroom make the bed dust and vacuum and you on your way.
I had fun and was very busy. I loved my experience. I was able to work alone or with a coworker. I really do not have a problem with cleaning up mess.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Non
It was an extremely fast paced job and that's one of the main things I enjoyed about this job also the tips were very worth while and the food was always amazing and the staff were very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Free lunch and tips are amazing
Cons
So many rooms to clean.
The corporate Hyatt culture cares for its people and my location mirrors that. Supervisors are fair and supportive, and everyone in the building treats one another with respect. Unfortunately, the industry does not pay well overall and Hyatt is similar to other companies in that it doesn't pay its hourly employees a living wage.
Pros
excellent dental and medical if you're in a corporate hotel
Cons
hospitality never closes