Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Tampa, FL52 reviews
Great culture where you feel like part of a family. Great benefits and management really makes you feel like they care about you as a person. Get to meet people from all over the world and hear their stories and experiences. Beautiful location, can’t be the view anywhere in Tampa.
Overall Working at the Hyatt has been a great experience for me, especially coming into the maintenance field with little to no experience. However I had an excellent trainer, and can now use basic maintenance skills to progress to more advanced subjects. Within a week or two, I was effortlessly performing tasks such as calibrating thermostats, or rewiring ac units.
Es fuerte el trabajo, deberían pagar más por horas
Hyatt is a great place to work, but very hard to grow in the field of engineering. Everybody is friendly at the hyatt corporation. There care about there employees and there guest.
Extremely face-paced, competitive and enjoyable work place. The workplace culture was excellent and although it was extremely busy, I obtained an extra-ordinary amount of skill and knowledge from working at the Grand Hyatt.
You work until everything is finished so there are days you work for like 4 hours others day you can work a 12 hours shift and I never had a weekend off.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
basically everything
large known chain with name recogination, frequent stay benefits, 800 reservations, etc. central location
in downtown , staffing issues resulting in some stressfull timed
Pros
full time work
Cons
late nite hours, multi task jobs
I am hard worker and often chip in to help others with their assignments. Housekeeping can be a busy job with many duties. Rooms have to be cleaned in a timely manner.
Pros
Pay is higher than minimum wage
Cons
Busy schedule
Hyatt is a fantastic company to work for and I feel truly lucky to be part of their staff. One of the major challenges is that the business is 24/7/365. This means that when people call off or things go awry someone needs to respond. The hours at Hyatt can be demanding because of this but the culture can't be beat.
Pros
Cafeteria Lunches (free), Hotel Discounts and Comps, Excellent culture
Cons
Long hours, some positions aren't compensated accurately
Hyatt hotel is a really good company to work. I like because they have good communication with the employee and thas my me feel good.

they have really nice people taking care of us as an employee and our guest.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
shoort break
Culture is the best part of the workllace. If a restaurant doesn't have an environment that is positive, the guest will see that when they dine. Hyatt was a great place to work.
I loved working for the Hyatt corporation. I was a night supervisor of up to 20 plus employees that were great people. The unexpected passing of my wife required me to take the days shift as a line employee. I also had to take a cut in pay as I was no longer a supervisor. I struggled for two years and there was no advancement in sight so I regrettably was forced to leave and accept another job at another company. I loved working for the Hyatt and in a perfect world I would still be working there. But sometimes life gets in the way.
Pros
Great people, nice environment, benefits and free rooms around the world
Cons
Hyatt Place Tampa Busch Gardens is a horrible place to work. The management team is the worst in the business. It is only this Hyatt Place. I have had other Managers in the past at this property that have been amazing. The current General Manager has no idea what she is doing. She is uses everyone as a scapegoat when something goes wrong. She does not even know how to operate anything at the front desk. She is the worst manager I have ever had.

Every team member at the front desk is amazing! They are great people who work hard. They do their very best every single day! I have learned so much from each and every one of them.
Pros
healthcare, dental
I've been working for Hyatt for almost 4 years and it has been a wonderful place to work for. I would recommend this job to my family and friends if they were interested.
Pros
complimentary cafeteria for breaks
Very stressful for a family man. Many late nights and long hours. Highly stressful environment in a fast paced workplace. Great management who will push you to be the very best.
The hours were horrible and the exploit you. The job required too much for very low pay. You were expected to be driver, cook, front office, sometimes bartender, barista, and cleaning person. Sometimes it was to much and no one was helping.
This was the perfect place to work. Everyone was a real family.
The potential to advance is always right in front of you . You just have to grab it. Thanks..
Pros
Managers, Co workers, $$$
Cons
I really loved this company . I have nothing bad to say about it.
Hyatt is a great company for people out of college willing to work their butt off to advance. It is also a great place to finish abd retire. The middle is shaky depending on your aspirations.
Pros
Comp hotel nights, benefits package, culture
Cons
Long varied hours, coworker dedication, compartmentalization.
I worked for Hyatt for 3 1/2 years and it has been the best job I've had. The culture there is infectious- management varied- benefits were awesome. I would definitely consider working for the company again.
Pros
free lunches, free hotel stays, health and 401k
Cons
management varied. Bad work-life balance
This job helped me learn a lot of different aspects of the management field. The benefits were great and I got to travel a lot enjoying the low rates employee discount at other hotels.
As a manager the hours required were too much. Towards the end I was working 60 to 70 hours a week making it hard to care for my husband which is disable veteran, therefore I had to chose a different career.
Pros
discounted employee rates at other hotels
Cons
Work lots of hours, including most holidays and weekends.
The management is definitely lacking. There is little to no promotion from within. As far as the culture, it's constant talk and gossip about employees by the managerial staff. The team at the desk is amazing!
4.5K