Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

The company is great
The company is great, but it depends on the location and management rather or not you’ll love your job or hate it. I worked for Hyatt company 7-8 years and loved it just didn’t like my manager towards the end
A foot in the door, I suppose
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door of the hospitality field, this position is for you, as it offers longevity. However, there is almost no room for advancement. Managers and supervisors are friendly, but they are lying when they tell you that it’s easy to move up in the company. There is only one opening in any position that isn’t entry-level, and since all of the team leads and managers are best friends, they have no interest in your advancement within the company. You’ll have 500 responsibilities and are held to a remarkably high standard for the lack of training and pay.
Managed property with no opportunities.
If you expect to work tenfold the value of your paycheck, not be appreciated, be stagnant for about 2 years and be watching your back about "he-said-she-said" BS, This is your place!
Inexperienced Management
The company Hyatt is wonderful. The Hyatt place Tucson airport is not. I wouldn’t apply unless you know Spanish. The crew is mainly Hispanic and will speak Spanish first and translate to English if needed. This particular location has a policy of “if you can’t finish it, the next person will pick up the work”. As a closing employee it lands on you to pick up after everyone else.
Fun and peaceful environment
This resort/hotel is the best in Arizona. Guests from all over the USA and abroad! They are very considerate of the employees and of course every guest.
Great place to work. They offer flexible schedules and hotel discounts outside your home hotel. However, the pay is very low for the amount of work and the standards that are expected.
Pros
Hotel discunts
Lack of Management
Unpleasant and stressful. Supervisor lacked good communication skills and over-load work assignments onto untrained employees. Lack of appropriate equipment and materials to perform job duties.
Employees are treated with Respect
Great company to work for. Great benefits and discounts. Opportunities for advancement. Training, activities, good people, good communication. Recommend
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
New Management sucks
Started this job almost 5 years ago. Enjoyed it very much. Co- workers and mangement was good. Now we have new managment now. The new management I very rarely see or speak with. They have made drastic changes to my schedule without even talking to me to see if I can adapt to these changes. I have a wife and child and my schedule was in rhythm with theirs. Now I went from full time employee to working 2 days a week. Im diggin into my saving to pay my bills and im almost on E. That is why I'm looking for new job.
Benefits
Worst job ever
You cook clean rooms unclog toilets, fix ac's you are constantly yelled at you 4 issue that management neglect. No management support shady coworkers.
Pros
$0.10 increase a year
Cons
Minimum wage
Its a Job
A regular job, underpaid as a gallery host not only works the front desk but cooks, cleans, bartends, and drives. Management at this property needs to work more on making sure employees have everything they need to accomplish their work.
Pros
Free rooms
Cons
A great start for experiance in customer sevice
A typical day at work is setting up for breakfast
Greeting guest

Answering phone calls and answering guest questions

Keeping management up to date on any issues or concerns from previous day and night.

An enjoyable part of this job is the interaction with people.

Co-workers are not team worthy
Pros
Interaction with many different people on a daily basis
Cons
Short lunch break, poor managment
Great perks, flexable
Great training programs, hired with the best of the best, as was taught to be part of the best of the best.
Pros
Free meals, Mgmt. perks, vacation pay, Medical benifits, 401K
Cons
Nothing really - willing& proactive staff & Management
Good, and friendly staff, makes working here comfortable.
co-workers are friendly and helpful
management listens, but are difficult to follow due to personalities
loved meeting new and interesting people
got to meet alot of great people and worked well with multi tasking
Pros
loved the atmosphere
Cons
distance
4.2K