Hyatt Employee Reviews in Tulsa, OK

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 8,756 reviews
Decent company
Bellhop Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK3 December 2019
Decent company with decent benefits. Nothing special and managers tried to show appreciation of the employees. Located downtown has its advantages for parking.
Decent place to work
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK30 April 2019
People are nice, job is relaxed but the pay isn't good enough. Decent benefits. Most enjoyable part is the interaction with the guest. The hardest part is staying busy on slow nights.
Alot of positive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa Oklahoma22 February 2019
The job is fun and you meet alot of wonderful people. The guests makes the job fun. The only problem is there are was to many people who wants to try and be your boss
Pros
Free lunch and bus passes
Cons
To many people acting like a boss
Managers willing to work with your schedule time
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK29 November 2018
It is a good place to work and learn new skills through new costumes and new challenges, good companionship and different cultures, but communication with the managers and other departments are not so good.
Pros
Free parking, free lunches
Provided the hours needed for during of time there.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK15 September 2018
Enjoyed working with several different co-workers I met along the way. Older management retired and new management arrived and the hotel scores and numbers dropped. The client/guests were not at the level that most Hyatt's have. There were a lot of locals and 3rd parties. Enjoyed the journey while it lasted.
Great place
Assistant Executive of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK8 September 2018
I loved working at the hyatt. Although i was overly busy which is a good thing, We were understaffed. The whole hotel staff are nice and we collaborate well with each other.
Pros
fun place to me
Cons
understaffed
fast paced in a timely manner
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK20 July 2018
my typical day at the starting at 8.a.m. and you worked until you had all your rooms cleaned unless otherwise instructed by manger do to the amount of revenue they had coming in. i learned how to work with alot different people at a fast pace but effiecient and clean manner. management was very nice and understanding. they hired a variety of different ethnic groups that collaborate together in getting the task at hand done.the hardest part of the employment was learning how to get fast and efficient which was accomplished.the people that worked there.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
lack of personnel
time management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK19 July 2018
I would come in see how many rooms I had and get supplies I needed to properly clean room. they would for ypo to be done with your in 30 minuets but they not really strict as long as it pas inspection.
Pros
2 fifthteen breaks and 30 min break
Cons
Hyatt the corporation is great
manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK12 July 2018
Love Hyatt at the corporate level. Very professional and lots of training available.
Very different at franchised hotels ran by management companies.
I enjoyed job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK9 July 2018
I like he people I worked with. I liked helping the guests so they could have he best experience possible. I got along great all the other employees, in all departments. Superiors went out of the way to help in anyway they could.to make the job easier.
No comment
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK1 February 2018
They have a culturethats is unique the training is exceptional and I believe they compete with the other hospitality groups in the country some is the communication was a littletime late
Great managers and employees, a friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK14 January 2018
I cleaned about 17-18 rooms a day. I learned how to clean rooms and created a personal relationship with guest. The manager was awesome and very understanding. The hardest part of the job was getting all of the linen you needed for your rooms. What I loved about was you have your own space to work in and friendly people around you.
Awesome place with awesome people
Front Desk Agent/ Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK29 November 2017
The managers are in-tune with the latest hospitality innovations/standards. Everyone is friendly and helpful also conversations go beyond small-talk since the colleagues are so unique and genuine. The pay could be a little higher to meet the industry standard. The only stressful moments are when there is a lot of people checking in and housekeeping is behind or under staffed to have the rooms ready in time.
Pros
Great place, great people, great location
Cons
There are slow parts during the day/week where time drags along
Fun, ever changing environment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK7 November 2017
Face to face Customer service/interaction which I love, fast paced environment at times but then can be slow at times, very good verbal and written instructions made it easy to do your job weather as a team or individual.
Good job , bad pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK1 July 2017
My job was ok , but i dont think the pay was that good but i loved my workers and management coworkers , great people .over all i worked hard nd cleaned my ares .
Banquets at your own expense
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK17 June 2017
Banquet service is a different breed. The Hyatt has management issues in banquets and needs to work it out for the sake of attrition rates and for customer retention.
Great place to work. Good environment
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  100 E 2nd Tulsa Ok11 May 2017
A typical day at the Hyatt starts by smiling and greeting people and helping them out in any way you can. From the time they check in until the time they leave. I've learned hu
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not so friendly employee
Unstable work old hotel
Management (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK10 April 2017
Worked a lot of hours, turned around hotel dept, got a grip on lots of problems but never supplied enough tools to do job right. Management has some real problems with managing style
Pros
Some perks, discount hotel stays if can get worked out
Cons
50+ hour week, Lots of turnaround, not appreciated, unstable management, doesn't provide tools to do job
Awesome
Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa,Ok10 January 2017
People are fun to work with they have awesome environment and they tak care of there employees.everytime i go to work feels good cause i know i will be surrounded with nice people
Great place to work. Good environment and friendly co-workers.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK22 June 2016
From Upper management to the Line level employee, everyone is welcoming and willing to assist in whatever capacity they can. You will succeed in this industry through the training and leadership with this hotel, learning practical knowledge to encourage your success.
Pros
Good Lunch Program, Free Parking or Transit Pass and PTO/ Vacation time. Great Benefits package.
Cons
At peak season it can consume a large portion of your personal time.

54.2K