Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Valencia, CA

The hyatt is a great company and they work as a team to make sure everything is a hundred percent. Guests love to stay here and they make the job fun!
Worked for Hyatt for 18 months. Was pretty good at first . They send in spotters who think your stealing from the company. Was tested relentlessly but never compensated for my honesty. Over worked all the time under-paid, amateur managers. You really don't want to work for these corporate a holes
Pros
Maybe if you didn't work through lunch you could have a salad.
Cons
The company makes a lot of promises and fulfills none. Unfortunately they pay poorly and fail to promote from with in. The benefits are dreadful. Deductibles are so high, they are not worth it
The Hyatt is a is a great place to work at and also great benefits an hours and great staff also I like working with the public and the managers are respectable and treat their employees with all respect.
The management was there for us as employees. This overall attitude made it feel like a fun team going to play a game as you would on a sports team. Would recommend this management and job to any hotel or employee.
This place treats you so badly and cover up there tracks. Long hours. They are against employees with children. They also discriminate. Nasty, dirty kitchen with mold, flies, high temp refrigerators everywhere.
Hotel business always keeps you on your toes. From providing excellent customer service at all times to being ready to perform any duty no matter your experience level, this job is never boring. I enjoyed the freedom the supervisors gave when all work was completed to their standards.
Management was okay, pay was low, no benefits, but a typical day was quick paced. it was a good working day cant complain, but the pay was low it wasn't enough to live on your own if part- time.
It's a good job to start at great experiences. Managers are currently very helpful and knowledgeable. It is very fast-paced. Events are fun to work with.
The managers act like they care about you but they don't. We are always short on supplies and we are always running out of sheets and towels. The hotel cannot accommodate more than 130 check outs, we just don't ever have the linen. Its insane. The house attendant is expected to do a 3 person job as far as stocking the closets with supplies and whatever small linen delivery we have. They are also expected to maintain the housekeepers carts as well and also wash glasses when they were told originally that it was going to be given to someone else to do. We all perpetually need help because we have so much to do that we just can't catch up. The work environment is very high stress and anxiety inducing beyond words. The housekeepers have so many rooms to clean per lady that some housekeepers are in tears because they are exhausted. Management has unrealistic expectations for staff and very high turnover rates because of the toxic work environment.
Pros
Stable job security, free food
Cons
Poor management, no supplies, gossiping coworkers like its high school, low pay
This Hyatt is the lowest paying banquet, and hours are being cut by new management. Was a fun place to work, now not paying the bills. I am looking for a second job to help cause I am here for advancement.
Pros
Free meals served twice a day
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work, very busy and ever changing. To work here one must be flexible, wear lots of hats and change directions in the matter of minutes.
Good for growth fun place to work stable employment descent pay good benefits excellent management and atmosphere nice hotel friendly people I realy enjoy working here
This was one of my first jobs. I liked working there. I basically just greeted and seated gursts. I t was really, really easy. It was part time in the evenings so I was only there for a few hours.
Pros
Nice hotel
Cons
There were not any
Manager is terrible and coworkers are catty. They don't work with your availability. They don't allow any piercings and they told me my hair was too blonde and I would need to dye it darker or they would send me home. They also told me I needed to grow my hair out because they preferred I wear it in a bun. They have you wear pant suits that are an awful material.
When coming into work we would get our daily tasks to do. We had our am tasks and our pm tasks depending on the time of day we worked, which we had to finish in a timely manner. In the middle of doing our tasks we also had to help guests as well. I learned while working at the hotel was improving on my customer service skills and how to properly handle any situation that was thrown at me. I also learned that the hotel business is not one the easiest jobs and being in this industry requires a lot of patience. Management always knew how to handle situations the right way and never made you feel excluded or awful if you made mistakes. They were there to work with you in any way and would take the time to help with any problems you were having. I got along very well with my co workers. We always had each others back and always helped each other out. We were like one big family that cared about one another and wanted to see each other exceed. I would have to say the hardest part of the job probably was when i had to work day shifts and graveyard shifts,because my sleeping was never consistent. I can honestly say the most enjoyable part of the job was with the people i worked with they made my day at work that much better.
If you like people, this is the place for you. We have large conferences and private parties which can have up to 750-1500 guest using the facilities.
Pros
meals
Cons
pay
this company help you i the areas that you will need help to compleate the task better
learning experience to work as a housekeeping.hard to work with the supervisor but good management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
complete hours of break and lunch