Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Virginia Beach, VA

Hyatt
Fun environment, busy work days, must work holidays, did not receive holiday pay, could not advance to higher position, fast paced and had to multitask a lot
It wasn't what I thought it would be.
The saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. I'll stay silent. Thank them for the job opportunity though. To be honest EVERY business needs to work on finding the good workers versus the non, lazy workers. Managers know they have these type of workers but choose to keep them to save money or less paper work. I have no idea what it is, but I can go on for days.
Steady Work (year round employment)
Working here is all about routine. Set up and break down everyday is extensive, must bus table and cater to customers who decide to take part in the fresh omelet station. This job while being decent pay for what you are doing is up and down and the management doesn't handle last minute changes very well. the staff for breakfast is also rushed out before lunch time because the kitchen is taken over by restaurant staff that has to open for lunch.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no breaks
Great Work Environment
The staff was nice and I had no major problems with management. There was obvious frustration among the management team which sometimes made lectures seem harsher than was intended. Compensation and benefits were okay. The owner of this particular Hyatt House was becoming more and more unfair to the staff before I left. For example, he was planning on taking away employee parking. This would have been enough to make me quit because compensation was not good enough if we have to pay for our own parking at the oceanfront. I had already left for more money by that time anyway.
rough
Hot kitchen with no air conditioning, and lots of mosquitos. Micromanagement is unbearable. Terrible communication. Minimum pay with maximum work effort.
Pros
Cons
the whole job
4.2K