Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Washington, DC127 reviews
If I gets this job I am sure 100/100 they will be happy working full time I been working with Haytt almost 1 year I am happy to be part of the team it’s great environmental to work. I like it
Great place to work, everyone is professional and happy, a family culture is encouraged. They take care of employees so employees take care of clients and it works
Pros
Great benefits and perks like free or discount roons
Cons
Can’t think of any
Don't respect longevity sometimes settle for mediocrity does not take employee ideas seriously enough. Doesn't hold people in authority accountable for their wrong doings
Pros
People and advancement
Cons
Tenured means very little
Skip this company. So much corruption in the management team. A complete and toxic environment that will make you question your ability to make a difference in your profession.
Enjoyable workplace with meeting various individuals with different cultures and characters, having nice and smiling colleagues, learning a lot technically, verbally with spanish languages. the crucial moments with our work when having major problems such as broken pipes and flooding the whole areas, but so Satisfying and relieving when the hardest of the job is well done at an earlier than specified time of needs.
It has its good and bad days but all in all not a bad place to work. It could get busy at times and not many people in the department I work in so it can get exhausting at times.
I normally feel motivated and needed in my position which in turn makes me want to do my best at what I'm doing. I learn something new everyday and attribute a lot of my success to the trainings they have provided me.
Perfect and very reliable
One of the best company to work for .treating the all the workers fairly and with great respect for the workers . Free launch
It definitely does get busy, always something to do, you might be able to do ours if you are willing to work in the afternoons and mornings it’s good overall
I love that HYATT takes an interest into diversity in the work place and aa culture of luxury and excellence. I like the Hyatt Black program since they recognize the need of more black and brown future executives.
Pros
comp nights
Cons
busy season hotel tr
Great location and great leadership.
They recognized my talents and open up opportunities for me to utilize them.

They added me to the task force team for almost a year. Great experience.
Unfair treatment based off race with current management. The previous housekeeping manager was fair to everyone.

The pay is ok but if you communicate with you guest and provide great service your tips will make up for the lack of pay.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Management unfair
Although, I was hired for the front desk, as well we got training as bartender, nice experience.
Even Though is small place the hotel, but there are a lot cross training, and we were training in the kitchen to prepare and cook.
Definitely some stressful and busy days (as it goes with a 24-hour business) however the opportunities were amazing! You can pretty much transfer anywhere and the benefits cannot be beat.
Loved it there. The energy was amazing and the people made you feel comfortable. The staff was cool and welcoming the only thing is that some staff felt as though they were being replaced so the rudeness showed it there faces and how they didn't want to help. But that was a limited amount other then that loved the work environment.
The Hyatt has a great company culture! The staff is very professional and friendly. I enjoyed the ethnic diversity on the job as well and for the most part my associates where friendly and very encouraging being that it was my first experience as a house keeper
Typical work day is hitting the ground running for the 14-16 hours you're there. Hard to find a break for lunch as an operations manager. Management is quick to tell you what you did wrong rather than correct.
Pros
free lunch, health benefits, travel benefits
Cons
short breaks if any, poor work life balance
Overall my time at Hyatt was great. Getting the chance to meet new people from different departments was awesome. I got the chance to learn a lot of more skills such as training with front desk, learning how to greet guest and making sure what they need is provided. Most of my time at Hyatt I worked in Human Resources where I was able to help lots of employees. I learned how to answer phone calls in a professional way, faxing,emailing and scanning documents. (use of Microsoft). I also volunteered in hotel event put together.
Managers have to work atleast 10-12 hrs a day (usually ends up being longer) . Very political atmosphere, not much control over what positions you can advance too. There are a lot of opportunities, you just need to get approved. They take care of the staff well overall , short staff line employees, not replace managers ,consolidating departments and positions which increase workload but not pay.
Pros
Cafeteria, Manager Outings, Room Discount
Cons
Micro Managing GM & Directors, Incompetent Department Head & Pay
Good place to start your career.. management ok. Pay sucks. And that’s all I’m going to say. Wish you my very best..........,,,,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Loved this place. Great benefits. Free meals. Cleaners took care of uniforms free of charge. Great location. Saw lots of celebrities and it was really cool. It’s a very nice hotel and great people. A team
4.4K