Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 8,928 reviews
Large Company with Small Feel
Events Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC28 January 2020
I normally feel motivated and needed in my position which in turn makes me want to do my best at what I'm doing. I learn something new everyday and attribute a lot of my success to the trainings they have provided me.
Execellent
maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 2000120 January 2020
Perfect and very reliable
One of the best company to work for .treating the all the workers fairly and with great respect for the workers . Free launch
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 January 2020
It definitely does get busy, always something to do, you might be able to do ours if you are willing to work in the afternoons and mornings it’s good overall
Front office culture is great at Hyatt
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC28 December 2019
I love that HYATT takes an interest into diversity in the work place and aa culture of luxury and excellence. I like the Hyatt Black program since they recognize the need of more black and brown future executives.
Pros
comp nights
Cons
busy season hotel tr
Great location
Gallery Host/Task Force Team Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC21 December 2019
Great location and great leadership.
They recognized my talents and open up opportunities for me to utilize them.
They added me to the task force team for almost a year. Great experience.
Unfair
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC7 September 2019
Unfair treatment based off race with current management. The previous housekeeping manager was fair to everyone.

The pay is ok but if you communicate with you guest and provide great service your tips will make up for the lack of pay.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Management unfair
Very fast paced.
Gallery Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC28 August 2019
Although, I was hired for the front desk, as well we got training as bartender, nice experience.
Even Though is small place the hotel, but there are a lot cross training, and we were training in the kitchen to prepare and cook.
Perks are worth it!
Event Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC26 August 2019
Definitely some stressful and busy days (as it goes with a 24-hour business) however the opportunities were amazing! You can pretty much transfer anywhere and the benefits cannot be beat.
Great work enviroment
CASHIER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 August 2019
Loved it there. The energy was amazing and the people made you feel comfortable. The staff was cool and welcoming the only thing is that some staff felt as though they were being replaced so the rudeness showed it there faces and how they didn't want to help. But that was a limited amount other then that loved the work environment.
Awesome experience
The Hyatt has a great company culture! The staff is very professional and friendly. I enjoyed the ethnic diversity on the job as well and for the most part my associates where friendly and very encouraging being that it was my first experience as a house keeper
Hyatt
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC31 July 2019
Typical work day is hitting the ground running for the 14-16 hours you're there. Hard to find a break for lunch as an operations manager. Management is quick to tell you what you did wrong rather than correct.
Pros
free lunch, health benefits, travel benefits
Cons
short breaks if any, poor work life balance
Productive,fun working place and fast paste work place
Career Bridge Intern / employment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC25 July 2019
Overall my time at Hyatt was great. Getting the chance to meet new people from different departments was awesome. I got the chance to learn a lot of more skills such as training with front desk, learning how to greet guest and making sure what they need is provided. Most of my time at Hyatt I worked in Human Resources where I was able to help lots of employees. I learned how to answer phone calls in a professional way, faxing,emailing and scanning documents. (use of Microsoft). I also volunteered in hotel event put together.
Grand Hyatt Washington
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC18 July 2019
Managers have to work atleast 10-12 hrs a day (usually ends up being longer) . Very political atmosphere, not much control over what positions you can advance too. There are a lot of opportunities, you just need to get approved. They take care of the staff well overall , short staff line employees, not replace managers ,consolidating departments and positions which increase workload but not pay.
Pros
Cafeteria, Manager Outings, Room Discount
Cons
Micro Managing GM & Directors, Incompetent Department Head & Pay
Not the best
Assistant General Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC13 July 2019
Good place to start your career.. management ok. Pay sucks. And that’s all I’m going to say. Wish you my very best..........,,,,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It was an awesome place to work. Holiday parties were the best
Barista Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC11 July 2019
Loved this place. Great benefits. Free meals. Cleaners took care of uniforms free of charge. Great location. Saw lots of celebrities and it was really cool. It’s a very nice hotel and great people. A team
Make lifelong friends
Rooms Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC25 June 2019
Great benefits and employees make the workload easier. However, poor pay scale in comparison to nearby hotels, poor communication between management and employees.
Phenomenal company to work for
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC19 June 2019
I worked for the company for 4 years in total, and it was amazing. I left the company for personal reasons, but I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. I was in management, so my work/life balance was a bit nonexistent, but I had wonderful coworkers and we all worked well together
Pros
amazing culture, supportive management
Cons
limited work/life balance
Very colleague oriented company
Overnight Front Office Supervisor/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC4 June 2019
I thank the company for 17 years of learning and development in my hospitality career. The most enjoyable part of my job was Hyatt giving opportunities to learn and develop in new areas with little or no experience by taking a chance on its colleagues
Its a good job.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC28 April 2019
Its cool to work at you meet new people everyday, But management is horrible. Theres always a problem with the hotel. Its just a mess, and they try to control your life.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management
Great company!
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF EVENTS & SALES (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC8 April 2019
I worked for Park Hyatt which is a little different then the other Hyatt hotels and I loved it! The team was great, everyone truly cared about doing their job and the team I managed was amazing. The benefits are great including 12 complimentary Hyatt nights anywhere and for someone that loves traveling that was amazing! The benefits are good and PTO time after the first three years is great. For a person that wishes to stay, they love promoting from within and even encourage relocation.

54.3K