Hyatt
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Wichita, KS

Wichita, KS35 reviews
in room dining
the jobs are very nice and everyone who works there is very kind and the management and benefits are great . i work as in room dining delivering food to people
Staff including management where gossipy and two faced
The staff was gossipy and two faced and management had no idea what was really going on. I nearly filed a slander suit against one of the managers for spreading rumors about me, but I let it go and just quit.
Its was a good starting job for cooking.
5am early shift cooking for hundreds or thousands of people. You will see a bunch of new face or even a celebrity here and there. You get to learn from didferent chiefs so you always learn something new in the kitchen everyday.
What few thing that need changed
It they had more organized skill and more of a people person attitude and skills it would be great. As it stands right now they dont have the correct ratio of management and employment it would be a great place to work with very fun and out going
No words
You’ll climb then corporate ladder if you’re a part of the click. The same people win the shout outs and awards.
It is an extremely immature environment with CONSTANT employee turn over.
It was 1 of the best jobs I’ve ever had. Great people
Great company, great people. Loved helping guests and co workers alike. Many opportunities to help other departments. Was a very positive experience for me. I worked there during the loss of 2 family members and received a great deal of support.
Great place to work! Sad I had to leave
It's fast paced with a lot of lifting and some long hours. The management staff made you feel like part of a family, not just another employee. Sad I had to leave
Productive and fun workplace
-A typical day at work here for me would be pleasant
-The workplace culture was very calm, peaceful, and mentally productive

-The hardest part of this job was the first few days were I had to create a strategy to complete my job within three hours

- The crew was the most enjoyable part of the job because I was able to learn of different lifestyles that made my days go by a little smoother.
Pleasant place to work
I've never worked anywhere else that has so many employee appreciation activities. I loved working here, for the most part. If the pay were better I would return.
Pros
Friendships, employee appreciation, discounted food, opportunity to work in different departments
Cons
High turnover, long hours, corporate bureaucracy
Good Place to work
As a banquet server, you are required to work all events the hotel hosts, be it bartending or serving. The hours are long and the pay is competitive. It is not a bad place to work, however it is very stressful
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work.
I had a great time working at the Hyatt Regency of Wichita. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The hardest part was kicking out all the homeless people and the non guests that came in along with evicting certain guests based on excessive noise or smoking and whatnot.
Pros
Free Meals and friendly coworkers.
Cons
You have to deal with unpleasant situations occasionally.
I loved it.
I really loved working at the Hyatt regency.
Nice people!

Work hard, nice pay, very good atmosphere very good managers training was nice good company
Pros
Free lunches. Good pay.
Cons
Health care, 4o1k
Good Experience Working Here
Over all, I enjoyed working at The Hyatt. The Management roles changed a lot while I was there. Being a server, my income fluctuated very much. I worked night shift, which cut into my time with my kids.
Fast paced, exciting environment
Hyatt recency wichita is a great place to work. Employees are treated like family. Employees can come and go quickly, with movement throughout the company available, but there are lots who stay for years. Discounts for employees for traveling needs which is a huge perk.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfasts, dinner, employee discounts
Cons
Busy, short breaks or no time to take one
Ao change in ownership
Each night required the hotel to be locked every night, patrolled regularly and unlocked every morning. Because of the recent purchase, the hotel, has recently undergone changes in culture and in management.. I was able to enhance my personal customer interaction skills.
Pros
Exciting - never the same
Cons
worked alone.
Employers care about you
The Hyatt is a great corporation to work for, they have a structured and successful company. The employers care about their staff and try to do their best to create an enjoyable work environment. As with any hospitality job, it can be stressful, but you always have support. It is a great company to work for.
Excellent working conditions and multicultural coworkers
The Hyatt was an excellent place to work, there were plenty of incentive plans as well as a very good benefits package including 12 free nights at any Hyatt anywhere each year after your first full year of employment as well as half price rates year round for your friends and family.
Pros
free meals indoors no hot or cold weather work
Cons
hotel industry is slow during certain periods
Would not start of here if you're looking to grow.
Not good pay for all the hard work, very physically demanding. Would not recommend as a start-up position. Not much growth provided for the position given.
Front Desk Agent/Host
A typical day as a Hyatt front desk host allows the ability to use skills that you have while gaining new application methods to ensure satisfaction of guests accommodations upon arrival/departure. Check-ins usually range at a high volume, fast paced environment, depending on the location of the hotel.

I've learned to increase the ability to handle and resolve guest’s confrontational situations. Along with improving my ability in solving customer complaints. Hyatt teaches you to be creative and giving when it comes to a special occasion. Cost is out the window, surprising the guest with a cake and balloons, or champagne and chocolates, or even something as simple as a hand written card.

Hyatt wants their guest to feel at home and know they are listened to and respected. I've learned to take my own initiative in providing the best service, which in return benefits everyone. The guest for one, the company, and yourself. When doing so, you then enjoy what you do, you're happy to come in and your guest see it. No one likes coming into a hotel where the employees seem miserable.

Over all that's how the work culture is at Hyatt, everyone works as a team, to ensure the best service for the guest. In doing so Hyatt rewards their employees with paid outings, gifts, extra pay, and more. It's a win, win for everyone.

However, the hardest part is when things are out of your control. Such as sold out nights, and you run out of room types that have been booked or over sold. To have a guest upset because they're not getting the room type they booked, or to have
 - more...
Pros
Many opportunities to earn more money
Cons
Short breaks, standing for 8+ hours
good company
very manageable working environment
clean kitchen

respectful staff

recognize good quality work

hardest part of the job not being able to order specific ingredients for the menu
A great place to work at people are real friendly
It was a great place to work at the people were real friendly health insurance dental insurance vision insurance 401k pluswin prizes every two weeks and was able to get bonuses
Pros
Free lunch every time you work
Cons
Mandatory overtime
4.3K