Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Loved my time at Hyatt. Honestly such an amazing company to work for. They care about their employees and give back to them in a ton of ways. For example, the benefits they provided me with are far beyond what I've experienced with other companies. Work/life balance was something they took seriously and I hardly ever received a call after I clocked out throughout my 2 years there.
Pros
Work environment, benefits, management
Had been with the company for 25+ yrs. Loved this company and it was my 2nd home. Lots of departments to have cross-training done, umanagement encouraged us to grow our career from within. Lots of opportunities to transfer to other departments or to other hotel properties. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Staff cafeteria, staff appreciation events.
Cons
The work is very professional, their is a proper handover to our collegues during briefing and meeting, most of them managerial position especially HR are approachable. so comfortable about our accommodation. sometimes stressful due to deadlines but I enjoyed much if I complete the tasks that they assigned to me with the cooperation of my collegues and other Department.
Pros
having a complete benefits
Cons
Having a free medical
Very self centered sales department. Management Not very inclusive of administrative staff. Treated like 2nd class citizens. Raises wee always minimal even when exceeding goals.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Low pay.
I was very happy working for Hyatt, Laid off due to COVID-19 unfortunately, otherwise I would still be working with them. Great team and great benefits
Workplace culture is phenomenal! Extremely knowledgeable and empathetic management. A lot of meetings, some productive, some not. Decisions can take weeks to be made - often too many chiefs needed to consult! Opportunities to advance exist but often the path to take for advancement is not clear. Upper management often bogged down with administrative tasks. Company environment cultivates success, however, you definitely have to take charge of your own destiny!
Hyatt is a great company to work, they care about their employees and make everything to make them feel happy. I had a great time there at the time. I would recommend to a friend.
Overall pretty good place to work at but employee benefits/compensation could be better for employees who have to work for days they are called in when they have a day off or working more than 6 days.
I was hired as an Administrative Assistant at the Hyatt and immediately fell in love with the motto of “we care for people so they can be their best.” I left the company feeling like I was scum of the earth by one of my three managers who was the Event Planning Manager. Within two months from the start of my employment, The Hyatt let go of the Event Sales Manager which I worked directly under. From the date of his termination forward I was given the job tasks of the Event Sales Manager without proper training, compensation, or recognition. I would recommend that they find adequate replacements immediately and not put the tasks of a Manager position on an hourly employee. My General Manager of this property went above and beyond to constantly keep the Hyatt motto alive and make sure that things were as they should be. I hope that all Managers there can keep that going since this is the Florida Keys and living on a tiny island we keep the “One Human Family” motto also alive.
Hyatt is a work environment that cares for their employees so that they can be their best for our guests. They provide benefits that allow their employees to be well cared for in and out of work. They also provide support within so that employees feel valued.
Everything is great except for the prevailing sense of doom. The atmosphere would be more appropriate in an emergency room or a courtroom. It's not healthy.
I learned about administrative function leads by the Security Personnel's & teach me a lot to improved my skills & knowledge. The management (security personnel's) was very helpful.
Completing contracts and proposals for potential hotel clients. Conducting hotel tours to show sleeping rooms and meeting space. Working with Meeting Planners to accommodate attendees and upgrade VIP's. Communicating with the front desk to pre-key guest and help with baggage storage.
Pros
Working with different people and making them feel at home within the hotel.
Cons
Working with groups sometimes required you to be there more than 10 hours.
I loved it at first, but it became clear over time that the 'people-first' culture was more talk than action. My colleagues and I frequently felt pressured to stay late, which would've been fine if it hadn't turned into an every day thing. It felt like management were disconnected and unconcerned with the workload of the non-management. On the other hand, if you like happy hour parties they excel at it.
Pros
Lots of parties
Cons
Grueling work pace, long hours
Hard to adjust to daily routine when there is constant upper management turnover. So many people get hired and fired on a month to month basis, staff find it increasingly difficult to have a "norm" and even to remember names.
Pros
Free Hyatt Rooms, Good Pay
Cons
Nepotism in the workplace
I loved working for the Hyatt. I had a great working family and the benefits were amazing. I highly recommend working at the Hyatt! I felt like what I was doing mattered and truly loved working in hospitality.
Pros
Benefits, Working Environment, Work Family
Cons
Manager at the time was disrespectful
Hyatt is a great company, but they still need to work hard in strengthening their job culture of respect among their employees in some of their properties.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Luck of management to strenghen job culture and respect among employees
Hyatt is a great place to work as they care for their people so they can be their best. A typical day at Hyatt is having the opportunity to learn something new. Also, biggest part of my duties is to ensure that I follow up with clients, coordinates meetings, work on my expense reports, requisitions, manage complex calendars for the managers I support. The management is very supportive on supporting every associate to pursue their target carrier. With that said, the most challenging part of the job is dealing with difficult client. However, at the same time this is the most rewarding part of the job as well because it will give you learning opportunities how to make an impact to your client.
Pros
Making an impact to clients
Cons
Difficult Clients
Great company to work for. The events are lacking in bringing moral up. People are quick to throw you under the bus and get away with things. I wish each department had a better relationships. It would help is everyone caring about everyone.
Hyatt has great culture and it is a fun place to work. People are nice to each other and management is willing to help you grow. HR always comes up new ideas to make us enjoy our day at work. Ice-cream day, donuts day, pancake day etc. We care for people so they can be their best.
I do not recommend anyone to work here, this hotel is dirty, old, and very ran down and the management is horrible, favorites are always picked and just a very a bad place to work.
  1. Administrative Assistant