Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Overall a great place to work!
Workplace culture is phenomenal! Extremely knowledgeable and empathetic management. A lot of meetings, some productive, some not. Decisions can take weeks to be made - often too many chiefs needed to consult! Opportunities to advance exist but often the path to take for advancement is not clear. Upper management often bogged down with administrative tasks. Company environment cultivates success, however, you definitely have to take charge of your own destiny!
Great Place
Hyatt is a great company to work, they care about their employees and make everything to make them feel happy. I had a great time there at the time. I would recommend to a friend.
Productive and Fast-Paced Workplace
Overall pretty good place to work at but employee benefits/compensation could be better for employees who have to work for days they are called in when they have a day off or working more than 6 days.
Poor Management
I was hired as an Administrative Assistant at the Hyatt and immediately fell in love with the motto of “we care for people so they can be their best.” I left the company feeling like I was scum of the earth by one of my three managers who was the Event Planning Manager. Within two months from the start of my employment, The Hyatt let go of the Event Sales Manager which I worked directly under. From the date of his termination forward I was given the job tasks of the Event Sales Manager without proper training, compensation, or recognition. I would recommend that they find adequate replacements immediately and not put the tasks of a Manager position on an hourly employee. My General Manager of this property went above and beyond to constantly keep the Hyatt motto alive and make sure that things were as they should be. I hope that all Managers there can keep that going since this is the Florida Keys and living on a tiny island we keep the “One Human Family” motto also alive.
Empathetic Environment
Hyatt is a work environment that cares for their employees so that they can be their best for our guests. They provide benefits that allow their employees to be well cared for in and out of work. They also provide support within so that employees feel valued.
Only drawback is a stressful environment.
Everything is great except for the prevailing sense of doom. The atmosphere would be more appropriate in an emergency room or a courtroom. It's not healthy.
Good Leadership
I learned about administrative function leads by the Security Personnel's & teach me a lot to improved my skills & knowledge. The management (security personnel's) was very helpful.
I enjoyed working in an office setting.
Completing contracts and proposals for potential hotel clients. Conducting hotel tours to show sleeping rooms and meeting space. Working with Meeting Planners to accommodate attendees and upgrade VIP's. Communicating with the front desk to pre-key guest and help with baggage storage.
Pros
Working with different people and making them feel at home within the hotel.
Cons
Working with groups sometimes required you to be there more than 10 hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
It was ok
I loved it at first, but it became clear over time that the 'people-first' culture was more talk than action. My colleagues and I frequently felt pressured to stay late, which would've been fine if it hadn't turned into an every day thing. It felt like management were disconnected and unconcerned with the workload of the non-management.

On the other hand, if you like happy hour parties they excel at it.
Pros
Lots of parties
Cons
Grueling work pace, long hours
Lots of Turnover
Hard to adjust to daily routine when there is constant upper management turnover. So many people get hired and fired on a month to month basis, staff find it increasingly difficult to have a "norm" and even to remember names.
Pros
Free Hyatt Rooms, Good Pay
Cons
Nepotism in the workplace
Best Benefits & Great Team
I loved working for the Hyatt. I had a great working family and the benefits were amazing. I highly recommend working at the Hyatt! I felt like what I was doing mattered and truly loved working in hospitality.
Pros
Benefits, Working Environment, Work Family
Cons
Manager at the time was disrespectful
Great job learning experience!
Hyatt is a great company, but they still need to work hard in strengthening their job culture of respect among their employees in some of their properties.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Luck of management to strenghen job culture and respect among employees
Very Productive and great place to something new every day.
Hyatt is a great place to work as they care for their people so they can be their best. A typical day at Hyatt is having the opportunity to learn something new. Also, biggest part of my duties is to ensure that I follow up with clients, coordinates meetings, work on my expense reports, requisitions, manage complex calendars for the managers I support. The management is very supportive on supporting every associate to pursue their target carrier. With that said, the most challenging part of the job is dealing with difficult client. However, at the same time this is the most rewarding part of the job as well because it will give you learning opportunities how to make an impact to your client.
Pros
Making an impact to clients
Cons
Difficult Clients
Great company!
Great company to work for. The events are lacking in bringing moral up. People are quick to throw you under the bus and get away with things. I wish each department had a better relationships. It would help is everyone caring about everyone.
Fun place to work
Hyatt has great culture and it is a fun place to work. People are nice to each other and management is willing to help you grow. HR always comes up new ideas to make us enjoy our day at work. Ice-cream day, donuts day, pancake day etc. We care for people so they can be their best.
jl
I do not recommend anyone to work here, this hotel is dirty, old, and very ran down and the management is horrible, favorites are always picked and just a very a bad place to work.
Awesome company with amazing people
Hyatt Corporation is an amazing company to work for. They provide the opportunity and assistance for you to reach your goals. The people within Hyatt are exceptional. I have many lifelong friends from my time with them.
Fun work place
We had so much fun at work. Management always try to make a joke and make us feel like at home. Everyday is different and we have the opportunity to learn something new.
Fantastic resort with friendly and professional staff
This is a stylist and eco-frienly place with in-room facilities by using natural materials. Great working environment with perfect combination between independent work and team work. We have our own culture and nurture it with passion and enthusiasm. Our mission is creating and bringing the authentic services to customers in every service we run. It is the best place for a fresh starter to define and orientate your hospitality career. The hotel is almost in high occupancy year round, so you have to work under intensive stress and face to complaints from different customers.
Pros
Free Lunches, work allowance
Cons
Attention to details can save time, money and efforts
Being an Administrative Assistant in various departments at Hyatt Hotels in Dubai, representing 6 Hotels has given me the skills and confidence to state that I could add value and expertise to the team. At work, I believe that I am the wizard behind the Company’s curtain - that means I continuously look for new ways and efforts to lend support and make improvements to the benefit of the Company. One example of this is my attention to details where it allows my Seniors and Management team to avoid errors maintaining efficiency, preventing potential injuries at work place and creates good impression to the Company that will lead to great customer satisfaction. In addition, it also helps save valuable time and can focus elsewhere.
My teammates consider me a person who will always show punctuality and initiative to pick up tasks as required or without being asked and going above and beyond of what it has been requested me to do or/and achieve. In the past months, I have been chosen to be one of the Task Forces for a Pre-opening office in a Residential project. During the time, I was involved in setting up Executive Office where I report directly to the appointed General Manager. One of the hardest part of the job was 1) less contact details i.e. only few telephone extensions active where it limits me to reach staff to communicate 2) less available operating equipment where it can slow down procedures.

I took this challenge as tasks assigned to achieve specific, valuable outcomes for the project and the most important is how I and the team do them, hence influences the
 - more...
Pros
Family oriented, Best training, opportunity to grow
Cons
Work life balance, Compensations
Great Culture
Great Culture! It's a fun place to work.
Advancement can be difficult unless you are willing to relocate.

The people are friendly

Cons - Paying for parking
Pros
employee engagement
Cons
Have to move to advance for the most part
4.3K