Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Banquet Captain

Banquet Captain23 reviews
Flexibility
Great working environment with great flexibility . Able to learn new skills. Able to move up in the company. Able to relocate to different properties along the company.
Trustworthy
The company makes a lot of promises and fulfills none. Unfortunately they pay poorly and fail to promote from with in. The benefits are dreadful. Deductibles are so high, they are not worth it
Horrible
Horrible place to work at in Newport Beach it will s a franchise ran Hyatt near airport and the owners keep all the gratuity for the banquet servers and pay them minimum wage 🤬horrible peopl
Decent company
Decent company with decent benefits. Nothing special and managers tried to show appreciation of the employees. Located downtown has its advantages for parking.
No room for advancement
The only way to move up in the company is to be someone who can be "molded" ie. a professional butt kisser. If you are someone who actually thinks. Your job could be on the line if you were to voice those thoughts.
Very productive and competitive place.
A very professional place to work the corporate events.
One more place to still learning and to serve the guest our prior objectives, very interesting menu the food and beverage team always over rated.
Great place to work !
A very enjoyable place to work, with some great perks as well. My only complaint would be gettin paid every two weeks, other than that, I don’t have anything bad to say. Great company to work for !
Great place to work.
I love working in the food and beverage. I love the fast pace of the industry and all the different people I have met along the way. Hyatt is a great company to work for.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Have worked there for a really longtime. It is a very friendly and organized environment. Management is very straight forward in their policies. I will miss this place if i ever leave.
stressful
stressful for PM shift no help from AM shift
I learned to work on my own no help or back up

revolving door rollercoaster or personalities

very negative from staff towards supervisors and management

working big events alone with other peers that work AM and refuse to help PM

Free Parking
Pros
beautiful property plenty of work
Cons
staff has management afraid of holding anyone accountable for bad behavior and lazy habits
Managers willing to work with your schedule time
It is a good place to work and learn new skills through new costumes and new challenges, good companionship and different cultures, but communication with the managers and other departments are not so good.
Pros
Free parking, free lunches
Stressfu
Cut-throat management, love to hire young white people, stressful at the time I was there, Hard to get into top management not able to stay at hotel
Pros
free lunches at the time I was there and you can get your uniform cleaned
Cons
no room for advancement if you are older and black
Pay and hours vary
This Hyatt is the lowest paying banquet, and hours are being cut by new management. Was a fun place to work, now not paying the bills. I am looking for a second job to help cause I am here for advancement.
Pros
Free meals served twice a day
Cons
Low pay
A place for the right person
Great job to meet people from all around the world. A very well respected name hotel with much to offer to both guests and employees. If "challenge" is your thing...this is a great place for you to work.
Pros
Free lunch, free rooms at any Hyatt worldwide
Cons
Schedules can be hectic with day & night shifts in Banquets
Not all it seems to be
The staff is great and their manner of operations is outstanding, there is a negative atmosphere between employees and management in preference. Some are reprimanded others are not for the same questionable actions made by staff. This issue with in the department keeps moving forward. Reprimand is made for whom ever speaks out to management on the issues on hand in the departmentl
Pros
great staff
Cons
management
worked at two locations 25 years apart
Loved working at LAX Hyatt & Rochester Hyatt. Great company, great people and an incredible job experience for a career in Customer Service.
great environment
everyday is something new, never a dull moment. able to meet new people and help out all the time. coworkers made the environment a great place.
Great Place To Work
Great place to work, Hyatt was always for their employees. never fell left without leadership or direction. Thankful for all I learned in hospitality.
professional atmosphere
typical banquet facilities that has many cultural and llearning posiblities. Many differences between management in job deverse and execution styles, Management promised and didn't deliver on the promisse. Most area missed of the job is the employee family atmosphere.
Pros
job experience, salary
Cons
management
Great Place to work!
I've enjoyed all of my years at Hyatt.

Flexible Schedule

$1 dollar Lunch

Nice co-workers
Benefits
Cons
Re-model lack of work
Fun
LOVED this job! everyday was a party! i worked in banquets and we set up for all types of parties.served them and cleaned up after. best job ever!
Pros
employee cafeteria
4.4K