Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

Banquet Server136 reviews
Super fun workplace to work, every one helps each other and management is easy to work. I love to work there becuase is a nice hotel and I love to make the guest happy
Pros
Free lunch and lots of benefits
Cons
Long hours and early shifts
Worst management. Dont care about employees at all. Treat you like dirt and walk all over you after yelling at you. Try to embarrass employees in front of co-workers. HR ignores all problems. They put making money over employee breaks and well being.
Pros
Provide uniforms
Cons
Bad Management, breaks are hard to get, toxic workplace
I've been working here for three years, And I learned a lot about the world of hospitality to be barista, room service, and guest services. Here I admire the performance of the United workers in the team.
Even I’m on call they make me feel like family. Is always something to smile about it,something to feel proud each time I work there. They are well organized on plated dinners,equipment easy to handle and management are easy to talk to.
The locations is breathtaking, and awesome spot to work scenic wise. The management seemed to be more worried about doing as little work as possible that they ended up doing just as much work in the end. The coworkers were not exactly welcoming but i suspect that is because of the high turnover rate that it has there. I really like the idea of working there and it has a wonderful potential but at the time it just couldn't find its footing that it needed before the Covid-19 quarantine.
Great working environment. Helpful and supportive staff. Great guests. Job included serving banquet events. Working as a team with other banquet housemen.
Working for a while with this company after experienceing this covid I have no regrets working for Hyatt best company I worked for love it they CARE FOR EMPLOYEES SO THEY CAN DO THERE BEST ALL THE TIME ❤️❤️
Really good company if you’re interested in growing opportunities. And excellent experiences with clients and event attendees. Crazy hours on high season but it pays off
Retaliation happens often
Management it's horrible

All managers are friends with other managers so there's no one to complain to

HR doesn't get on your side
there is some minor issues, but overall, it is a great company. and being with the company for 20 years ,it means a lot, I wish I can give my best to any company that I work for.
I’ve been with Hyatt for 5 years now and with any luck I’ll never leave this job. The pay is great, the staff is a big diverse family, the work is fair, and being able to grab a free delicious meal from the cafeteria on your break is unbeatable.
Great company to work for that offers good benefits and great perks. fun, friendly and outgoing staff, and the hotel brand offers many opportunities for personal growth.
This company very good I’m very happy to work my position banquet server Good management All managers very nice and good workplace I’m learned so many things
Need to be focus & serious about your task, in order to give your best and customer satisfaction. Learn to balance the time to deliver a good service timely & accordingly.
Pros
free food upon duty & uniporm
Cons
The Hyatt in Cambridge md was an okay job but they just talk too people any type of way. They also have certain people that they let get away with the things they do.The Hyatt managers their do not know how too talk too people and is also rude.
I have been working in the same hotel for 15 years and it has always been very pleasant to be there.I feel blessed to be so many years working in the same place.
Pros
The great advantage is the flexibility of the schedule and I really like to work different events.
Cons
The great disadvantage is when there are not enough events we have very little work
working with the team makes you feel you're not at work! it was fun setting up all banquets area with your friends and learning from them. Managers were nice
I worked at The Hyatt Regency Hotel lotta years until it closed down in Dearborn, I wished it didn't have too closed, it was a decent living and good when it was
I am shocked more students don't work as on-call banquet servers. This is the best life hack I have found to get me through school.
YOU tell them your availability every week. You can only work 2-3 times per week for the same company, but a lot of us juggle a few on-call jobs, which adds up to full time, except with freedom!

It only pays $12/hour officially, but after tip point you rarely make less than $40/hour.

The community there is unlike any other, and we all stick together.
Hyatt corporet es una buena empresa para trabajar, tiene muy buenos beneficios
The management was there for us as employees. This overall attitude made it feel like a fun team going to play a game as you would on a sports team. Would recommend this management and job to any hotel or employee.