Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

Banquet Server135 reviews
A very nice enviromet to work
As a banquet server on a tipical day at work, you will be faced with challenges unique to a banquet environment. Banquets differ from working in a restaurant environment, which has a menu and public clientele. Every day you will find yourself working a variety of events for a variety of guests. The first thing is the preshift with the captain, who goes over the menu, and the specifics of the funtion. Then after we have to arrange tables according to the layout specified by the party holding the banquet. We also dress the tables with linens and set them with china, silverware, napkins and glasses.
At a sit-down dinner, we deliver courses to the guests, ensuring that any pre-arranged meal selections are distributed appropriately. For buffets, sometimes dish the food out for guests or ensure that the buffet remains well-stocked.

Between courses or after the meal is finished, we clear plates, taking them to the kitchen for the dishwashers to scrape and clean.

After the banquet, servers gather any remaining plates and remove the table linens for laundering.

I learned that throughout the banquet, we are responsible for being professional and courteous to all guests. We must move quickly and work carefully so as not to drop any food or dishes.

I get alone very well with my co-workers, we do a very good teame work.

The hardest part is that we have to carrie a tray with 10 plates full of food, very heavy.

The best part is when the guests are happy and thankful.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not steady job, only when there is an event
Great working environment, great servers
Great working environment. Helpful and supportive staff. Great guests. Job included serving banquet events. Working as a team with other banquet housemen.
They care for employees
Working for a while with this company after experienceing this covid I have no regrets working for Hyatt best company I worked for love it they CARE FOR EMPLOYEES SO THEY CAN DO THERE BEST ALL THE TIME ❤️❤️
Excellent company
Really good company if you’re interested in growing opportunities. And excellent experiences with clients and event attendees. Crazy hours on high season but it pays off
Too much favoritism
Retaliation happens often
Management it's horrible

All managers are friends with other managers so there's no one to complain to

HR doesn't get on your side
friendly environment
there is some minor issues, but overall, it is a great company. and being with the company for 20 years ,it means a lot, I wish I can give my best to any company that I work for.
Awesome job!
I’ve been with Hyatt for 5 years now and with any luck I’ll never leave this job. The pay is great, the staff is a big diverse family, the work is fair, and being able to grab a free delicious meal from the cafeteria on your break is unbeatable.
Popular hotel centrally located in the heart of downtown Denver.
Great company to work for that offers good benefits and great perks. fun, friendly and outgoing staff, and the hotel brand offers many opportunities for personal growth.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Very good
This company very good I’m very happy to work my position banquet server Good management All managers very nice and good workplace I’m learned so many things
good experience to work & deal of people on diff culture
Need to be focus & serious about your task, in order to give your best and customer satisfaction. Learn to balance the time to deliver a good service timely & accordingly.
Pros
free food upon duty & uniporm
People who work there
The Hyatt in Cambridge md was an okay job but they just talk too people any type of way. They also have certain people that they let get away with the things they do.The Hyatt managers their do not know how too talk too people and is also rude.
Hyatt Hotel very good To work
I have been working in the same hotel for 15 years and it has always been very pleasant to be there.I feel blessed to be so many years working in the same place.
Pros
The great advantage is the flexibility of the schedule and I really like to work different events.
Cons
The great disadvantage is when there are not enough events we have very little work
Great place to work in banquets on call basis
My position is on call so job security does not apply. My schedule is on availability with other hotels I work for and the hotels loyalty to me with making shifts available early. As I am basically a self contractor in my position....loyalty is based on pay and my status on when I am contacted for job opportunities.
always fun
working with the team makes you feel you're not at work! it was fun setting up all banquets area with your friends and learning from them. Managers were nice
Good place too work for
I worked at The Hyatt Regency Hotel lotta years until it closed down in Dearborn, I wished it didn't have too closed, it was a decent living and good when it was
REALLY good tip point, great coworkers, awesome flexibility
I am shocked more students don't work as on-call banquet servers. This is the best life hack I have found to get me through school.
YOU tell them your availability every week. You can only work 2-3 times per week for the same company, but a lot of us juggle a few on-call jobs, which adds up to full time, except with freedom!

It only pays $12/hour officially, but after tip point you rarely make less than $40/hour.

The community there is unlike any other, and we all stick together.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Hyatt corporet es una buena empresa para trabajar, tiene muy buenos beneficios
Great Family Culture
The management was there for us as employees. This overall attitude made it feel like a fun team going to play a game as you would on a sports team. Would recommend this management and job to any hotel or employee.
Professional and exciting workplace
Overall I enjoyed my time at Hyatt and I am looking forward to an opportunity to work again in my hometown. I learned that Hyatt treat its employees like we treat our guests and that is important to have a good workplace.
The banquet Department here is a joke 😅
The money wasn't bad but the Captains are a total disaster. And the Banquet Manager isn't much to brag about either. There are a lot better banquet places to work with a much nicer rewarding staff.
Excellent
Great workplace, good benefits and friendly
Can adjust with your time and it’s temporary work.

Pros control your hours and they do not want lost the bonus
4.4K