Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Bartender in Denver, CO

Bartender3 reviews
Denver, CO3 reviews
I Loved working at the DTC Location, high end guests, and fun staff
Pros
Employee FREE cafeteria
Cons
slow times
Interesting place to work. Diverse culture. Poor Management. It was a very corporate environment full of double standards. Also Union ran. Not much room for advancement.
I moved from another state as a server from about a year and a month of experience. Initially applied for a barback position but made it known that I wanted to be a bartender. I was told that I would be moved up to bartender once I showed improvement. After about three months and coming from a U.S. military background, I picked up product knowledge faster than expected from supervisors. After asking an assistant supervisor to be considered for an open bartending position, I was told that because I had only been at the Hyatt for three months I was not being considered for a bartending position even though I was pulling shift for bartenders on their days off or breaks. I had to find out from another department that they were hiring someone with less experience and ZERO barbacking experience to do a job I was being pruned for. Unbelievable. As soon as I find a better job I'm gone. I will never work for this company again.
Pros
Health insurance, vacation pay, sick pay (full time)
Cons
Political game, 30 min. break, Unorganized supervisors.