Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Bellman

Bellman49 reviews
I only gave the overall rating 5 stars because I love Hyatt. I worked for Hyatt Bethesda as a Bellman for almost two years and LOVED it...until it became franchised by Highgate Hotels. The money was GREAT i will say that. Being a Bellman is awesome. I will encourage anyone to work for Hyatt that is corporately owned because it was the best company to work for. However i strongly recommend to NEVER work for Hyatt Bethesda or any franchised Hyatt. Hyatt Bethesda being operated by Highgate Hotels was the worst day of my life. They rennovated the property and lied to cusotmers for months about even having a rennovation until they got so many astounding complaints. They treat their employees like trash and the customers even worst. The management is TERRIBLE and Hyatt Bethesda and Highgate are VERY greedy and only care about the customers credit card being approved and that is it. As an employee i say this because the customers at Hyatt Bethesda are such great lovely people and they became family and treat the employees so nicely which is rare so it was an awful feeling knowing the people know that they are being taken advantage of. I loved my job and took great pride in it and was even written up and eventually fired because i went "too above and beyond" for a guest. It was a nightmare working at that location while being operated by Highgate Hotels because literally everyday they flex their muscle to make you feel like you will be fired and given day. But again Hyatt corporately is the best hotel chain to possibly work for and i was sad they day it became franchised. I highly recommend - more...
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Terrible Terrible Terrible Management / Very Uncomfortable Work Enviroment
Just make sure you keep a smile on your face and take care of the guests. Make sure you direct people where they need to go. Keep the customer happy at all times.
This position won't make you feel great about yourself, but you'll make more than enough to pay your bills. The experience you build will only help you land a management position in hospitality, so I wouldn't recommend staying in this position for as long as I have unless that's what you're shooting for. Union benefits are great!
The most enjoyable part of the job is willing to help resolve situation to customers and visitors to our work place. Striving to provide the best of the best.
everything fair and good,every one has a team work.management is good..and they have good communication to each other...and employees are so friendly.
I am happy working in the company for 3 years, my daily work with my co-employee is wonderful and I learned a lot in the company especially empowerment and full engagement with the guest, The Hyatt Regency culture gives an opportunity to each individual to develop himself or herself.
Pros
free accom, meals, tips and many more
Cons
Great location to work for summer, plenty of hours and over time if you want it.
Enjoyed my time here in the Okanagan at Spirit Ridge. Beautiful resort in some stunning scenery. Literally pinch yourself coming in to work every day as it is breath taking.

It is a very busy Hotel at peak times, this is not a place to come if you intend on dossing about and not working! My time here was enjoyable, but there was a lot of time spent chasing my tail as unreliable staff would call in sick ect frequently and let the rest of the team pick up the slack. That being said the core team are great just let down by a few seasonal slackers as is every hotel.

Found management approachable and friendly also willing to get stuck in on busy days which is always commendable as respect is earnt. Not many places will you see the Director of Rooms helping Housekeeping or the General Manager helping the bell boys run carts on a busy day. They all get stuck in when needed which i found great.

As in any business there are a few kinks that need ironing out but I always felt my voice was heard and i was always treated with respect from management even when we clashed. As i said previously respect is earnt and if you work well you will be treated well.

This place has some serious potential, with the right direction, passion and staff this really could be one of Canada's top resorts. I found that quite exciting, if you have a real passion for hospitality then this place is for you, already 4.5 star and striving for more. Would come back for another stint here no problem.
Pros
Plenty of hours, stunning location
Cons
Not much in the way of employee benefits like lunch ect.
Great company to work for with good benefits. Excellent management! Very happy and stress free working environment. It's fun to be with all of my co workers.
Pros
Free food and discounted rooms
Fast paced with a variety of clientele . Hotel was connected to the convention center which was extremely busy with a wide variety of conferences , meetings, and contests
Pros
Great location
Cons
Departments didn’t work well with each other
They just welcome you in also they want you to succeed at what your doing and are always there to help. The location is great as well. If there were any draw backs it wiuld be the long hours.
Great place to meet new people with the opportunity to build relationships throughout great customer service skill & timely errand runs that provide guest with a great experience in the city.
Pros
Meeting new people, new experiences
Cons
Fast paced environment that teaches you to communicate and work as a team. Team oriented environment with good management. Time flies since you are always on the go.
Wouldn't work for them again, they abused the hard workers and never appreciated the work one did for them, we got stiffed on the tips the clients would leave for us
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, too much profanity, disrespectful to staff
The owners do not believe in providing a living wage for the workers. Too many contract employees. Not possible to be hired by the Hyatt without quitting original job first then wait 30 days to begin application process.
Great place to work if your a people person but you have to be very flexible with your schedule pay isn’t all that great but it’s good if your young or still in school
Condition of hotel began to rapidly deteriorate resulting in a change in the clientele and subsequently tips. foot injury limited my ability to run up and down concrete hill for valeted vehicles
Pros
guys I worked with
Cons
many nights of minimal $
Would receive a 2 through 8 cent raise annually for 8 years. Company would net profit 150 million average over certain 5 year period, but couldn't provide an adequate raise. Holds no loyalty or appreciation to the low level workers who do the grunt work. Expect to get taken advantage of. After first year of receiving multiple compliments from management in my work, the 2 cent raise I received told me everything I needed to know about how I would be treated for the next 8 years.
Hyatt regency is a five star hotel where by I have been able to gain alot of experience.both international and local.also been able to give it to my best.
Pros
Food is provited plus. Accommodation.
Cons
9hour working
Working with other co-workers and helping guests is your primary function. It can be very high pace at times. The benefits are good and wages are competitive.
Pros
Great if you like working with people.
Cons
Commuting to downtown can be horrific.
Started out as a great place to work. Money was good and the hours fit my schedule with my family. Things changed in my life and I needed a change in hours and was basically told that isn't possible without seniority. Three years down the tube
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel nights
Cons
Bad management, unflexible hours
i enjoyed my at the haytt i wished it worked longer they hotel discounts allso got meet all kind difrient peolple while my time was thier
i would recomend this place to work
Pros
long haurs