Hyatt
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Chef

Chef119 reviews
Busy hotel kitchen.
I worked here as a part of the banquet kitchen which involved bulk prep like sandwiches, salads, stews and curries. Managing the breakfast buffets. Standard professional work culture with a supportive and accommodating team.
Hyatt cannot go wro g
Only the pay is not good but there is a lot of plus point to this place.
Good working environment, nice teammates, helpful managment, quick HR,

There is good career growth. Best part is that there is 6 off here so u actually get time to do what u want after a hard days work
Nice place to start your carrier
It is good environment for work. It is a five star hotel, so good to work here. All employees are very helpful. They dont provides accommodation . Enjoy
Pros
We can learn more things
Cons
Less salary and heavy work pressure
first job
learned the fast paced work culture,
first commercial experience,

entry level job

skillful team and management

long working hours, tough working conditions
great food
Great place to work, I had the chance to learn a lot, I gained confidence in my cooking skills, I worked with great sous chefs. I was a great experience
Good
It's a very good kitchen , technique how to control work pressure, hardest part to control the banquet kitchen. But there was the best coordination between chef and service
Only Benefits are good
Not a good place to work at. Building is beyond old and outdated. Pay is awful. No one gets promoted in culinary. Fairness, empathy, and teamwork are non existent. Just horrible place to work if you want to grow and learn. If you just want a job to leave and go home and don’t mind being mistreated and underpaid for what you do then the job is perfect for you.
Beautiful place to work at
Days of work at the Grand Hyatt where long hours 10 o 12 hours, but they seem to go faster because I had a great team to work with and make my day go very smooth and fun, management was very supportive and helpful and anything that I needed they were there to help me .culture at the Hyatt is to give the best experience possible to their customers and also their employees , The hardest part of the job for me was going from a small resort and Lost Pines Bastrop Texas to the second largest hotel in the Hyatt I had to really get some cardio going every day walking from one kitchen to another . The most enjoyable part of this job was living in San Diego and working at the grand Hyatt it’s a beautiful facility the people are Streamley friendly and learning new cuisine because people in California eat way different than in Texas .
Pros
Free lunch, employees appreciation days
Work Environment
Amazing work environment and very friendly staff.
Competitive work.

Long working hours.

Moderate pay rate.

Friendly work environment

Cooperative staff
This company sucks. Don’t work for Hyatt
I worked for Hyatt almost 12 years prior to me working at Hyatt a second time and the company had change. No support from upper management and HR is useless.
Great
It is a great compney who care for people so they can be their best moreover they also take care for their employees by giving them the great services.
I love this hotel
The pool and garden area is very groomed and it is almost like a small oasis in the middle of rushing New Delhi. The rooms a clean and the interior is very elegant. Also the food is delicious and the employees are extremely friendly and helpful. I am looking forward to our next stay.
open space to try new things
Working in banquet kitchen is all the time fun, fellow chefs are very supportive and motivated to innovate and keen to teach ... even in busy time, one always give proper attention to the problem and help.
very good work culture
I highly recommend to work with this company.

they have very healthy work culture with very supportive management.

very strict work hours for life balance with decent salary.
Nice
Good hotel nice place to work. I enjoy in my work good stuff big and busy hotel in Delhi even in India also I am very happy work with Hyatt hotel delhi
Properties depend on Senior Management.
Senior leadership needs to follow the Hyatt processes and procedures.
Not as advertised, career growth after years worked in designated kitchens and time frames (only for recruitment video).

Hiring inexperienced senior leaders to lead more experienced leaders isn’t the best way to operate.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Pay for parking in hotel where no guests park.
Chef at Hyatt
It was a dream to to work in Hyatt group. As a chef. Got to learn many things in Hyatt respect, loyalty, hustle. Hyatt group one of the best in the world.
Everything are okay in my company that worked for.
Working in a big company is a pleasure for me. And working with the chefs is easy to worked with.
Everything will equal treatment from management to any department that we have.
Best place to work
Hyatt is one of the best company to work. They care their staffs than any other companies do. Working with hyatt regency chennai was a great experience. One of the best HR that i ever seen.
Best place to work
Hyatt is one of the best place to work. I like the way that they care hyatt staffs. And hard work willnot get wasted there will be hike in your career.
Productive and Fun
one of the best place to work with in the hotel industry. i would always come back to work in any Hyatt properties whenever i get a chance to. Salute Hyatt.
4.3K