Hyatt Employee Reviews for Chief Engineer

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 8,780 reviews
It's a nice place to work for young people.
CHIEF ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 November 2019
Walk the property making sure everything's in order and up to hotel standards, check and the maintain pool area on a daily, attend morning meeting to discuss today's agenda and whats expected for the day and taking care of all guest request in a timely manner.
daily work day
Hotel Chief Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 3221830 September 2019
I love to work for the Hyatt brand standered ,ive been a chief Maintenance engineer for over 10 years and I love working for the hotel industries some management companies know how to treat there employees and some don't even know how to run a hotel, my skills speak for themselves .....my regular day at work consists of meter readings pool readings gas readings boiler readings refridgerator readings preventive maintenance of all ereas as well as rooms which includes HVAC ,smoke detectors door locks condition of over all room, PM commend places..
Pros
communication is key
Cons
stressful work place
Not to shabby
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ22 August 2019
Overall good place to work management was awesome when I was there. pay could be better for an older property lots of work they have Christmas parties they recognize and reward employee's for there hard work I'd go back
Awesome place to work
Assistant Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 3720324 June 2019
I really enjoy this property and the people that I work with all of my managers are really good problem solvers and are easy to get along with I know if there is an issue that I might have all I have to do is bring it to their attention and they could be taken care of I truly do enjoy this family we have
Great Management team
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR30 March 2019
The Manager was really the best I have ever had. She helped me gain employment at Raymond Management. I would work for Hyatt again, if offered.

Thank you.
Interesting
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 3030821 May 2018
I think Hyatt Place as allowed me to advance and to learn new situations for me to succeed. I enjoy working in this environment but do wish some benefits were provided. I want to work in a hotel until retirement but need insurance and a 401K.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
no insurance or retirement
great work environment and atmosphere
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJ16 February 2018
Management is knowledgeable and professional and my staff were all professional and fully experienced in their field. The day to day operations of the facility that I had managed gave me a sense of accomplishment and at times, rewarding.
Rude manager and overworked
Chief Engineer- Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR22 January 2018
management was very rude and made racist jokes towards my ethnicity and I could not go to HR in fear of my job and being let go. I ultimately quit because I could no longer take it and just moved on.
Not a good place to feel a secure job at
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, Utah10 December 2017
At first seemed as a good place to work. Especially when the previous GM was there. Then they changed GM's and the place fell. The new GM came across as a nice guy, but wasn't. The hotel lost money one month and they blamed it on employees and started cutting back full-time employees hours to 28 hours, doing away with benefits. Then removed high paid people and replaced them with low paying people. DO NOT WORK FOR HYATT AIRPORT or COMMONWEALTH HOTELS. Some "very rude" Corporate people, and they don't care about employees. 10 positions were open recently from employees whom had quit.
Pros
Employees were fun and nice to work with, also some department managers.
Cons
Company has no care for employees, new GM was terrible.
Poor Management
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY19 November 2017
Management needs to learn how to manage there money..
Was told this past Friday that we had to cut hours and cost. Management does not care about there employees, only there pockets.
real nice place to work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TX8 November 2017
good management, best company i ever work for, they treat all employees fairly, they care too much about employees, celebrate monthly birthdays for all employees, hourly or salary, the best company.
A fun place to work great team
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC6 November 2017
I really enjoyed my Job and the management team. It was a lot of hard work, however we all pulled together to get the job done. whatever needed to be done .
Love the culture
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Naples, FL25 October 2017
Working For Hyatt House I've learned a lot about culture and how it can impact a guest in a positive way. I love all the people I work with. they all have a special place in my heart. I opened this hotel and my last day will be one of the hardest days of my life.
Productive fun place to work
Chief Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC20 September 2017
It's a good culture. They're not overly pretentious. My coworkers make getting out of bed worth it on a daily basis. The atmosphere is mostly relaxed which makes it easy to get work done.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Budget
No benifits
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX2 June 2017
Low pay for the required work. Management company changes g.m. . Change of policies with every new manager. Constant flow of new employees. Everyone from management company keeps everything quiet. Always in the dark on issues in the hotel.
Cons
No benefits
Not a good experience
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC30 May 2017
Management is always changing, a lot of employees leaving for various reasons.Guest are always complaining about hotel staff and other things.Management does not acknowledge good employees etc...
great untill recently
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI17 May 2017
management company took over quality went down hill employees were sub standard. recently renovated not up to expectations. management did not punch list the work
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV16 January 2017
Hyatt Hotel

A typical day is for the most part unplanned. Lots of challenges with Mgmt. expectations, as well as the pursuit of positive guest satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job is utilizing my problem solving skills, in resolving multiple issues within this facility. Teaching, training and holding my staff responsible for their daily performance.

Hardest part is the lack of appreciation for working diligently, with the company's best interest at heart, showing up day after day, on time, ready for the challenge. Secondly the constant negatitive push back from the "Upper Echelon", while pursuing the highest quality and quantity of work possible. Lastly, is the petty negativity that doesn't serve any purpose, other than lowers the overall morale of all of the staff.

What I've learned is NOT to take this job personal, in getting so wrapped up in doing things MY way, within my timetable. Flexibility is one of the key ingredients in the success of this position. If the company wishes to pursue another direction, that's OK.
Pros
Good question
Cons
Refer to my review
Great Management team
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME3 January 2017
Very nice staff, from GM to associates. Communication was great, from front desk logs to PMS system. Company bonus was generous and pay was competitive.
Pros
Semi annual bonus to managers
Is a good place
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL6 July 2015
typical day at work complete task and guest satisfaction.
I have learned how to run a maintenance department, do payroll scheduling and manage budget.
management they like to work as a team
co-workers easy to deal with
the hardest part of my job please the guest
the most enjoyable part of my job is work with my co workers
Pros
employee rewards
Cons
health care

54.2K