Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Chief Engineer

Chief Engineer29 reviews
Nice place to work great staff.Hotel is jn good condition.We have a good mangement staff willing to help at any time..We have a few cook outs during the year we also have birthday parties every month .
Pros
Godd discounts on food
Cons
Break always cut short
Bar none Hyatt is the best company to work for. Pay and benefits are equal to or above the normal. Hyatt comp nights over the years has not changed. 12 free nights anywhere (3 @ time) is something no one else offers.
Pros
Love the family unit
Cons
Managers need more training on how to council associates
Everyday is a different day at Hyatt great people great guests. Hardest part of the job is saying yes to everything the guest needs. But it is also the most rewarding part as well.
Assistant gm was ghetto and used the n word a lot and lied and hide a lot from others to cover his own butt great company to work for but the I guest if your friends with the gm you get away with a lot
I've been at the Hyatt House Charlotte Airport going on six years. The company is definitely in tuned with their core values. Great culture and extremely modern
Walk the property making sure everything's in order and up to hotel standards, check and the maintain pool area on a daily, attend morning meeting to discuss today's agenda and whats expected for the day and taking care of all guest request in a timely manner.
I love to work for the Hyatt brand standered ,ive been a chief Maintenance engineer for over 10 years and I love working for the hotel industries some management companies know how to treat there employees and some don't even know how to run a hotel, my skills speak for themselves .....my regular day at work consists of meter readings pool readings gas readings boiler readings refridgerator readings preventive maintenance of all ereas as well as rooms which includes HVAC ,smoke detectors door locks condition of over all room, PM commend places..
Pros
communication is key
Cons
stressful work place
Overall good place to work management was awesome when I was there. pay could be better for an older property lots of work they have Christmas parties they recognize and reward employee's for there hard work I'd go back
I really enjoy this property and the people that I work with all of my managers are really good problem solvers and are easy to get along with I know if there is an issue that I might have all I have to do is bring it to their attention and they could be taken care of I truly do enjoy this family we have
The Manager was really the best I have ever had. She helped me gain employment at Raymond Management. I would work for Hyatt again, if offered.

Thank you.
I think Hyatt Place as allowed me to advance and to learn new situations for me to succeed. I enjoy working in this environment but do wish some benefits were provided. I want to work in a hotel until retirement but need insurance and a 401K.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
no insurance or retirement
Management is knowledgeable and professional and my staff were all professional and fully experienced in their field. The day to day operations of the facility that I had managed gave me a sense of accomplishment and at times, rewarding.
management was very rude and made racist jokes towards my ethnicity and I could not go to HR in fear of my job and being let go. I ultimately quit because I could no longer take it and just moved on.
At first seemed as a good place to work. Especially when the previous GM was there. Then they changed GM's and the place fell. The new GM came across as a nice guy, but wasn't. The hotel lost money one month and they blamed it on employees and started cutting back full-time employees hours to 28 hours, doing away with benefits. Then removed high paid people and replaced them with low paying people. DO NOT WORK FOR HYATT AIRPORT or COMMONWEALTH HOTELS. Some "very rude" Corporate people, and they don't care about employees. 10 positions were open recently from employees whom had quit.
Pros
Employees were fun and nice to work with, also some department managers.
Cons
Company has no care for employees, new GM was terrible.
Management needs to learn how to manage there money..
Was told this past Friday that we had to cut hours and cost. Management does not care about there employees, only there pockets.
good management, best company i ever work for, they treat all employees fairly, they care too much about employees, celebrate monthly birthdays for all employees, hourly or salary, the best company.
I really enjoyed my Job and the management team. It was a lot of hard work, however we all pulled together to get the job done. whatever needed to be done .
Working For Hyatt House I've learned a lot about culture and how it can impact a guest in a positive way. I love all the people I work with. they all have a special place in my heart. I opened this hotel and my last day will be one of the hardest days of my life.
It's a good culture. They're not overly pretentious. My coworkers make getting out of bed worth it on a daily basis. The atmosphere is mostly relaxed which makes it easy to get work done.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Budget
Low pay for the required work. Management company changes g.m. . Change of policies with every new manager. Constant flow of new employees. Everyone from management company keeps everything quiet. Always in the dark on issues in the hotel.
Cons
No benefits
Management is always changing, a lot of employees leaving for various reasons.Guest are always complaining about hotel staff and other things.Management does not acknowledge good employees etc...
4.5K