Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Cook

Cook80 reviews
on a typical day i would work in any given position around kitchen, i learned all stations and able to train any new hires to hyatt standard thru out the years. managements is acceptable, but lacks of experiences in some managers. the hardest part of the job is dealing with servers that always make mistake in their orders and the most enjoyable part of the job is everything treat each other like family in the kitchen.
Fun learning environment with career advancement possibilities. Respectful staff and plenty of educational materials provided. Benefits and flexibility with work schedule were excellent.
The staff was gossipy and two faced and management had no idea what was really going on. I nearly filed a slander suit against one of the managers for spreading rumors about me, but I let it go and just quit.
No communication from management or so untimely the information is useless. Supervisors lie to HR in order to cover for their bad behavior. They award people who deserve it the least.
good place to work, expect to be working 90 hours a week minimum. You wont be compensated well in the beginning but for long term employees they are benefited.
I worked for a franchise in Cincinnati that was a terrible experience and management didn't care about the company and there were many racist and sexist and discriminatory actions made in my 4 years.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Racist and discriminatory behavior
I had personal issues and they did all that they could to extend the hand of Hyatt to me and for that my family and I are very grateful.
I am very proud to be a part of the Hyatt family.o
Unfair treatment to new staff. Senior staffs are lazy, they only love to gossip rather than to work, they pick up all the easy works to do and leave behind the ugly ones to new staffs. Poor training and rude environment.
This was my first time working as a cook and it was great.I already was use to working in the kitchen from being a dishwasher ounce before but I learned how to operate the machinery correctly and to be a good cook.If hired the same pride I took in being a cook before will continue in your establishment
Current management makes the job stressful by lack of being around and lack of resolving work issues internal and external. Internal being employee issues and external like guest issues and complaints.
Good working conditions. Fast paced environment. Was shown what they wanted me to do then I was left on my own to do it. They have a great program for feeding staff during breaks.
To be able to work with large banquets, decoration of desserts and fruits, decoration with Good presentation in The dishes for both banquet and restaurant. Distress to cook quickly and serve on time
Realice, muchas posiciones,como limpieza,londry,preparaba el desayuno,hacia la limpieza de los baños etc.Mi trabajo me gustaba mucho,pero por motivos ajenos a mi voluntad me tuve que ir
Almost all my co-workers were very warm and hospitable. They don't discriminate and allows a work/life balance. Hardest part of the job is when we're understaffed sometimes.
They will work you like a dog. an u will get blame For theirs mistakes,they Need to hire more people and stop putting soo much work on their workers.
My days at work are filled with making the most amazing delicious pastry's
working along side some great co workers that work as all work as a efficient team. And I have a great manger that always has everything in order. The hardest part is sometimes we are very busy and there are not any or enough equipment.
Formal dining. This is a quick grab and go or sit down restaurant. concept so the cooks get to socialize with the guests. The team is always encouraging it's members to grow.
Hyatt has been a great start of my culinary career. Great pay, benefits, and people. As far as job advancement and promotions, there’s very little chance.
Pros
Free lunch. Uniform is washed for you on site.
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Extremely Stressful and hectic
Unorginized

POORLY MANAGED

Worked with totally inexperienced managers and associates .

Cut throats who never owned mistakes.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Poorly managed, Extremely unorginized
After being employed here its seems like they had a great foundation but over time passion was lost and guest satisfaction became unsatisfactory. Hence my reason for leaving. I need to be appreciated and work with people who understand the word HOSPITALITY!
Pros
Great benefits per the Union
Cons
Passion
It would be busy when the hotel is full of guests. Co-workers and Chef are friendly. Sushi cooks do not share tips with servers, but sometimes customers may tip the cooks with cash.