Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Crew Member6 reviews
Fun and exciting
I tended to find that much of the work involved me serving clients and tending to their needs while they stayed at the Hyatt along with ensuring that their stay and food and beverage was served warm and on time. I learnt to work patiently, efficiently and promptly so that my clients would not have a complaint during their stay. The management was very professional and the training provided was second to none. The most difficult part of the job was to understand the ethos of the Hyatt establishment and to always remember according to the company theory that the client was always right no matter what. As there were times, when clearly, some clients will take advantage of company's policy and I would have to address the matter professionally and efficiency without compromising the brand name.

I would like to add that I found the job rather enjoyable due to the company and the interactions with clients which would sometimes turn into friendship that I still have till this day.
Pros
free lunches and fun people to work with.
Cons
Long and odd hour of work, sometimes obtuse clients.
N/a
It was a great experience had a lot of fun on the job the job consist of cleaning setting up meeting spaces and the co-workers I was working with was very great to work with
Fun workplace if you have friends
The job started great and I worked with a friend. Then the head boss cut our hours even though we were promised full time hours and ended up only getting 25 hours a week.
Great Work Environment
The staff was nice and I had no major problems with management. There was obvious frustration among the management team which sometimes made lectures seem harsher than was intended. Compensation and benefits were okay. The owner of this particular Hyatt House was becoming more and more unfair to the staff before I left. For example, he was planning on taking away employee parking. This would have been enough to make me quit because compensation was not good enough if we have to pay for our own parking at the oceanfront. I had already left for more money by that time anyway.
Enjoyable experience
As it is an event job, the people there are very helpful especially the chefs there. They know that we are just part timers so they will give us easier jobs and things that we can handle. At the same time they taught us a lot about food and customer service. It was really fun to work with them!
professional and fun environment with friendly associates.
Professional work place with great benefits. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing regular guest and getting to know your colleagues.
Pros
free lunches, entertainment
Cons
long hard hours on feet, short breaks