Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative127 reviews
Aimbridge is a driven company dedicated to improving hotel operations and ensuring that the team is well trained and capable of achieving the goals of the hotel.
Hyatt Regency Calgary became an average place to work for unless key management likes you. Benefits are great and you can get promoted from within but your salary will be less competetive than outside. Stressful environment came from some top leaders who only cared about the hotel's finances and not the staff's wellbeing.
Pros
Great employee programs from corporate office
Cons
Programs executed by local leaders in careless way
What stands out about working at the Hyatt is that you can just be yourself. The minute you clock in is Go time to give it all that you have to make the staff and the guest happy and comfortable in whatever needs they have.
Awful Management and Leadership within the company. Unrealistic expectations on productions goals. No weekly coaching or teaming to help us improve outr
Pros
The ability to work from home
Cons
Awful Management and Leadership
Manager has no clue how to run a business ! Demanding dictator no common sense! Has no life and neither let you live ! Your hard work and knowledge is not appropriate
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
I have had a great experience working an growing within the hospitality field.Learning from my managers who help assisting me in providing quality service to our guests!
There is constant backstabbing, belittling of employees publicly, the environment is toxic....Stay Away from this cesspool!!! Also...nepotism is prevelant here yet illegal in Georgia!
Shady management tactics to get new hires. Not upfront about the job or what they're looking for and appear to be desperate. Probably good for people with flexible schedules but don't expect them to work with you.
The work may seem tedious, but at times the co-workers and the fun work atmosphere are the reasons why I continue to come to work everyday. The beloved friends and managers that accompany you and mentor you at this corporation are great people that motivate you to work harder everyday.
I loved working at Hyatt. After a year I was promoted to a supervisor position and given a raise. The only bad thing is if you ever quit, even with a solid 2 week notice, it is widely known they never hire you back.
Great place to work and fast growth and very professional. Friendly but professional environment. I would say hyatt was my favourite workplace so far.
I was usually by myself learning how to operate my area without help. The company did offer free meals such as breakfast and lunch which was one incentive to keep me working at the company.
During a typical work day at Hyatt, you'll answer countless phone calls and make countless more notes. You might require some assistance at some point. Fear not, your management and those closest to you are willing and expecting to answer any questions that you might have. Everyone is friendly and happy to help. Management is encouraging and often promotes competitiveness which leads to better call ratings and more fun activity days. These are the days to look forward to as a Hyatt employee! The incentives and rewards make a tough work week worth it.
Be prepared to be overworked no matter what department you are in. Manager experience is low level with a high turnover rate. Majority of managers are flown in from the mainland. Why local people not wanting to be in management should be a red flag. All Departments are Union. Many employees have been working over 25 years and some departments are extremely juvenile despite adults working in the department. Loud and obnoxious.
The new director of sales &marketing is an arrogant woman who believes her title gives her the right to treat employees with no respect, this person has no profesional ethic at all, and makes any position miserable at sales dep. How Hyatt can keep such a disgusting employee like her? "If you are not a manager in this place, they treat you like garbage!!!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Management, salary, food. Etc. Etc, etc
Hyatt is a great company and it offers all of the tools necessary for people to succeed, however, it is what you make of it. If you work hard, and honor your job, the company will surely do the same for you. I worked with the company for 4 years and it changed my life for the better. I learned new skills, became a better communicator and adopted a professional and selfless demeanor.
When you first walk into Hyatt, you are made to believe that it's a fun environment that its "not a call center" but trust me. It is. They say "we care.for people so they can be their best." But that's only true if you're a a manager favorite. You will never promote unless a manager wants you to promote. Year raises could be .10 cents, could be $1.00. There used to be events and happy hours and taking time off the phones, but now you are almost chained yo to your desk. There are way better paying jobs. You can be terminated at any time for any reason they see fit. There is not job security. Their rules change depending on who you are. There is not an attendance policy but yet you can be termed for attendance, even if you are not abusing the lack of a so called policy. Even if it's an emergency out of your control. This place has gone down hill so bad. Honestly, its like a mean girls club in customer service. Supervisors and leads are bice to your face but real catty behind your back. If you go to work, stay to yourself and go home you are treated like you're so unsocial and do not like anyone, when really you just want to work and go home and leave work at work. If you're into drama and two faced women then by all means apply. Personally, there are better call centers with better pay.
Pros
Comp night's, occasional time off the phone, no weekends
Cons
Gossipy leaders, lack of growth opportunities, waiting 12 month's for free nights.
This is a great place to work. If you come to work and do your best they are very willing to work with you when life happens. In addition to fair pay, they take care of their employees! The culture is a great with a very give back attitude.
The hyatt is very unorganized and cant keep employees. If you are a good employee they will load you down with work and days on the schedule and leave the slackers with nothing at all which is totally unfair.
I'm not someone who loves being around people all day, but my co-workers make the open office atmosphere pleasant. It's easy to get too relaxed, so remember that you are in a professional setting. Act accordingly.
Poor management, a lot of gossiping, drama, not enough money, overworked, favoritism, if anything don't work for Hyatt house across from universal Studios Orlando they don't even have HR so if you're being treated unfairly unfortunately the same people who are mistreating you are the same people you're forced to talk to there are no other sources of help so therefore a lot of issues go unresolved