Hyatt
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Director of Events

I had worked for Hyatt for over 30 years and due to Covid-19, my position was eliminated and 99% of my staff laid off. In the years that i worked at Hyatt I was given the Opportunity to learn and grow everyday. My doing good job I was able to work in many departments until I became a part of upper management! It is unfortunate that this disease has decimated our Industry and so many great associates and Managers have lost their jobs. If Hyatt called me tomorrow, I would go back to work immediately! I thank them for the 30+ years that they have given me,
I’ve had the pleasure of managing events across various industries – corporate, government and other industries. I have been with the Company for almost 9 years. It has been a wonderful experience.
Hyatt is a great company to work for. With a will, they will train you in different fields and advance your career like to other hospitality company. They offer a great culture and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, travel, training
Cons
Must be relocated to advance quickly, every property still has its own environment that doesn’t always align with the company culture.
I worked for Park Hyatt which is a little different then the other Hyatt hotels and I loved it! The team was great, everyone truly cared about doing their job and the team I managed was amazing. The benefits are great including 12 complimentary Hyatt nights anywhere and for someone that loves traveling that was amazing! The benefits are good and PTO time after the first three years is great. For a person that wishes to stay, they love promoting from within and even encourage relocation.
Oversee events team with day to day business Budgeting and forecasting on a weekly basis Service Large Group The Hyatt culture supports Care for its guests and employees which shows in how they treat staff.
I loved my job as a had a great team. We worked hard together but we also had fun. We handled all the major events/functions so it could be stressful at times. It was a great hotel to work for ...
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Hyatt has a great company mantra and the quality of service is top notch. I enjoy working for Hyatt Hotels. It has allowed me to move up in the ranks over the years of working with them and for that I can be more appeciative of all I have learned.
Hyatt is a amazing hotel group to work for they belief in their staff and will always go out of there way to make sure staff are happy and well look after. It's a bit hard to transfer to new hotel.
Pros
Best place to work for in the world
Cons
Difficult to transfer
Great team and learning place with amazing leaders, since i joined keep learning new things and improving and working hand to hand with all the team to reach to all our targets.
The only thing required was making reports they was no involvent for bringing in business or even going out to make calls. Reports required were not explained and there was no information or tecnical training given on the system.
Pros
The organization is good if you remove the sales dept from it!!!!
Cons
Very unprofessional leadership in the department