Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Director of Sales and Marketing

Director of Sales and Marketing16 reviews
Great company, wonderful leaders
Hyatt Is an amazing company/culture. Where they loose points is on their Franchise conversions and partnerships. - absolutely messy.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
poor training - they were known for their training
Respected Brand
I didn't work directly with Hyatt at this Hotel, Kokua Hospitality was managing this hotel and hired me. That is a different story, Kokua Hospitality is, so far, the worst company I ever worked for. Nothing to do with Hyatt Brand.
I loved the Hyatt Culture
I did not work for Hyatt directly, I was with a franchise. However, my interaction with Hyatt were fantastic. I enjoyed working with Hyatt the most out of all the flags that I have worked with.
Pros
Great positive people
Cons
I was with a franchise so didn't get the full Hyatt experience.
Fun & productive
Great company to work with. I really enjoyed working with them, a lot of training, team work.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.

The Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of a hotel. Responsibilities include selling guest rooms, meeting space and other Hyatt services to customer groups, managing accounts, and conducting site inspections, solicits and generates business. Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilizes Hyatt systems and coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate. The Sales Manager will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings. The Sales Manager also works as a team member with the sales and catering staff to in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
Hyatt
Good company. Limited advancement opportunities available due to limited number of properties.

Nice products to sell and good support on marketing initiatives.
Great place to work!
Hyatt Place Lakeland is a wonderful place to work and the associates treat each other like family. The Director of Sales position is stressful but it is also rewarding when you see the results of your hard work.
Good Place to Work
Hyatt offers group benefits and on the job training and treat employees fairly. Everyday is different and you come into contact with so many people. The hotels also offer a very diverse workforce.
Pros
Great training, diverse environment
Cons
Compensation ok, not great; Many management companies starting to manage hotels
Hyatt is a very professional and knowledgeable hotel compan
I learned a good deal about opening a hotel. I really enjoyed the day to day marketing and selling with my team.
The hotel was to have opened within 6 months but still was not opened after 1 1/2 years.
Pros
I could be my own manager and the team and I could write our daily agendas
Cons
In an airport hanger/office and we had to move business twice due to the delayed openng.
Hyatt is great place for the people who are interested in hospitality and customer service
I loved working with Hyatt. I've learned a lot from the Management and my peers during pre-opening period. The company is caring about its employees. I have obtained experience for opening hotel and appreciate the training offered by the company. The hardest part is to control different sales activities with limited staff.
Pros
Skilled management, friendly environment, meeting new people
Hyatt brand
Hyatt Corp as a brand is a great company to work for. Their brand culture is conducive to today's business landscape, and their support on a national level is excellent.
The location of this hotel was perfect at the intersection of major highways. Very easy to find. The guest rooms were wonderful with one and two bedroom suites. Each room had a full kitchen. The hotel was used by large corporations bringing people in for 2-3 weeks of training.
Smaller but efficient staff and I had to help train and assist in other areas of the hotel, especially the front desk. Tracking and coding customers in the system was vital to understanding usage. I also became the Lanyon expert from this job.

It was a very friendly place to work and most people really got along. The management team was very supportive and helpful.

The hardest part was the transfer of one ownership to another. This always requires a reevaluation of cultures and systems but it helps you grow and learn.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Hard to think of one!
HVMG is a great company to work for
Co workers were great
Management company is awesome to work with

Typical day at work is varied by client and responsibilities

Enjoyed my boss and the team
Pros
great culture
Change of ownership
Unfortunately, while working at the Victor Hotel managed by Hyatt, it was come to know that the hotel changed ownership. Zom who was the owner defaulted in paying the bank and resulted in bankruptcy.
The hotel went over 9 months without a stable executive team.
Pros
Historic Hotel
Cons
Running itself
Challenging location
Located next to a freeway with heavy vagrant foot traffic. Great back lawn area but layout is challenging, as well as the service levels in the restaurant and banquets.
Pros
Affiliated with Hyatt
Cons
Location and management
Learning at its Best
Loads of learning,exposure to revenue,marketing and sales.
Great company to be a part of in the Hospitality field.
In the Hospitality world everyday is different which keeps you on your toes & makes it interesting.

Hyatt offers educational programs to aide in advancement in your career & to grow in your current position.

Fast paced, always changing & never dull.
Pros
lots of opportunities for advancement & growth.
Cons
sometime challenging to balance career & life.