Hyatt Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 389 reviews matching the search See all 8,777 reviews
Unhappy employees
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ19 January 2020
Horrible management. Only two people working front desk, bar, and preparing food. Terrible service for the guests. Employees were very unhappy and always complaining.
Fun & Energetic Place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM16 December 2019
The best part about working for the Hyatt Regenecy in downtown Albuquerque is that all of my guests had a three day shelf life. Also, they were usualy excited ad eager to explore the area. So I was awlays their night cap
Great company to work for.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ12 December 2019
Hyatt Place cares about their employees and work hard to provide our guest with excellent service. Great benefits, flexible work schedule and professional staff.
Do not work here
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO9 December 2019
They pay minimum wage,they lie about having two people a shift because they're so broke they can only afford one per shift. Housekeeping is always having issues. They treat guests as if they're God's and if you're okay with having a guest throw literal rocks and paper at you and your managers way of handling that is to reward them with a free night. Then maybe this is the place for you . The only benefit I got out of this place was that both maintenance and the front desk staff are cool decent people who work way to hard for the treatment they get. I have worked for Hotels before,but this hotel has to be the worst .
Most enjoyable part of the job, staff
PBX Telephone Operator / Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA8 December 2019
When it’s busy it’s busy, but we work as a team, they are nice people, and that’s what made me stay a little longer. I left because of the manager, he micro manages us. But I heard he was transferred. I probably would have stayed. The
negative is that they go by seniority ( Union) so if your new you will not like your schedule.
Management is awful seriously.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MI20 November 2019
Well, all managers were so lazy lazy lazy.

Front desk manager wasn't professional and diligent at all as she's delaying everything and not professional most of time. For instance, she wasn't punctual on her schedule, late with her ordering, didn't check inventories properly and didn't post our schedule on time.

If you want to learn something, need to ask first because she won't teach you first.

They were always short staffed in the morning but managers didn't help much, just kept putting hard work or hassles on front desk employees.

Oh, Front desk employee had to clean the breakfast area and entrance area because housekeeping didn't clean public area around front desk which is ridiculous, I had to sweep and mop the whole lobby.

General manager had not much knowledges about front desk job or computer system, so I couldn't get any proper answers when i needed help with the system.

Front desk employee's job duty isn't the same as job posting.
Great inclusion
Guest Services/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI13 November 2019
I highly recommend Hyatt Place Auburn Hills to work and to be a guest there. The management company is amazing and the job requires so much from you. Cook meals, bartender and work at front desk with other duties as requested. The benefits and discounts are great the employee discounts are huge. Great job to advance
Hyatt Place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GA20 October 2019
I love this job. My co workers have became family they really care about you. Everyday i work there i have a great time, thats how you know you love your job. The customers are amazing they makemy day know i could make a difference in their lives. Thats what its all about caring for others.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Start work to early 6am
perfect
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA9 October 2019
Hyatt thinks they are quite elite but I will not fault them for it. Clean rooms, always professional and established. Free lunch, ocean views, plenty of training.
Fast paced
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL29 September 2019
Busy day at the front desk multitasking is vital
Scheduling hours are fair. Workplace environment is friendly
Great discounts for traveling. Enjoyed taking care of our guests
Fast paced environment
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX24 September 2019
You have to have tough skin to work in the hotel environment. You have to be a mult-tasker. I learned how to work under pressure. It is a great experience.
Working at the Hyatt was an amazing experience!
Night Auditor and Front Desk Colleague (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO19 September 2019
My job consists of checking guest in/ out. Enrollment of guest in rewards program. Taking payment from guests for their reservation. Answer any questions the quest may have about the property. I ran the nightly audit to make sure the day has rolled over for the next business day. Print necessary reports and e-mail requested reports to Management, from the previous day. Also, tell/ show guest how to get to their room. Fulfilling the guest's requests, by going above and beyond if necessary. To make sure their experience is a positive one. I also, answer the telephone, send out fax, and send out emails. All in a day's work!
Great start up place if you are interested in Hospitality
PM GALLERY HOST/ FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FL12 September 2019
Healthy, fun and new environment to start a work career, really enjoyed the new people we got to meet everyday, the team-work that was required for a successful work day, and great management.
Workplace culture
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA4 September 2019
I've never considered on having a hotel job, I just needed a job that worked with my schooling hours,this was perfect for me, was referred by a friend. Not going to lie it was hard work from start to finish and of course there were times where is was stressful but I developed a lot of hard skills and soft skills that i currently use today Hotel receptionist was a great experience for me.
Friendly workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dushanbe, TJ1 September 2019
my responsibilities:
Greeting clients upon entry to the hotel,
Assisted with check in and out
Answer phone calls, emails and booked reservations
Collected payment in cash, debit and credit cards.
Assisted clients with complains, concerns and requests
Best place to work
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX23 August 2019
It is an amazing company to work for. I was a student at the time of my employment and they were very understanding when it came to school work, management is amazing, they 100% take care of their employees. They are here for their employees when it comes to personal matters and professional ones as well.
productive and friendly work place
Front Desk Agent/PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA23 August 2019
I walk in and always be greeted happily.
I learned how to work in a more professional setting.
Management is great and the work place culture is very professional yet relaxed and comfortable.
The hardest part would be working with a dated hotel.
The most enjoyable part is the people I work with its very comfortable to learn from. It feels good to be at work.
Nice
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA13 August 2019
I really do miss this place. The only thing that was a bit much was the pay wasnt good enough for an apartment by myself. Therefore i had to relocate.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2019
I had that great honer of help opening the Hyatt. It was a great place to work. The only think I was not overly happy with is on Night Audit shifts I would still have to run the kitchen all night. It was to bad on slow days, however on high volume nights trying to close out tills, balance the Night Audit reports and try to keep the kitchen running, got to be to much.
Pros
The guests
Cons
How late the kitchen was open.
Bad management
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS7 August 2019
The supervisor hid things from the management. The manager was good. I would go back if a different supervisor was there. The manager would tell you one thing and the supervisor would a lot of back stabbing.

54.2K