Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Great company to work at and grow.
Great company to work at, they care about the employees and make sure to set us up for success each time. The managers have your back and the constant flow of guests makes it a great place to work and grow.
Co workers are super friendly, managers are not so friendly
I’m now working for franchise department. I don’t recommend anyone working for a franchise company. Make sure the hotel you work for is corporate. You will receive more perks that way!
Great work place, great benefits
I love working at the Hyatt, employees are treated with respect, they encourage the employ to keep growing in their field of choice and the have amazing benefits.
loved working here
this was a place i felt very comfortable, the reason of being my family been in the hotel business for years and it was something i always wanted to do , when i started working for the hyatt place it was a great experience.
Terrible
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. The management was terrible and did not care for their staff one bit. Management does not care for their staff or their lives.
I liked it
It was a cool place to work for a little while. I liked it. Made some friends. the managers and supervisors were honestly super cool as well. If they paid more than $12 per hour at front desk i most def. would of stayed
Great hotel even better job
Never a dull moment at Hyatt House. You get to meet a lot of different people and the work is never boring. The managers actually care about you here and want to see you succeed.
Honor and respect and change the way they let the Hotel Manager lie, retaliate .
Hyatt does not care for it's employees. They have Manager"s who make the work environment one of hostility and retaliation.
Corporate doesn't care about employees of our unhappiness or job atmosphere, what matters to them is Revenue. The mistreatment of employees is overlooked because the Managers are bringing in the Money.
Absolutely wonderful staff and company
My career at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa was short-lived but full of life and an absolutely wonderful Management team, my co-workers were kind and understanding and our guests were always the best. I learned more from my time here than I did in my year in College and will forever be grateful for the opportunity I was granted
Na
The Hyatt was a great place to work . I really enjoyed not only my coworkers but managers too ! A lot of diversity . I was able to be myself even in uniform.
Best Job Ever
I loved working with Hyatt, The best thing about this company was that we all were equally treated and worked as a team. I never saw racism or gender issues in the Company. From the employee to the Managers we all worked to our best! The good this is the benefits provided by the Company,Medical , Dental, vision is a plus and on top of that was the Reward sign up and claim your rewards. I got so many stuff for my house. No one believes me but I got it through Hyatt!!
Pros
I Need to get back to hyatt
Flexibility
They will work well with your schedule, even if you're a student. So if you need a flexible schedule they can provide that for you, and even do part time.
Horrible Management
Good place to work but management is horrible from the General manager to the housekeeping manager. They dont treat they employees right and the agm is rude.
Unhappy employees
Horrible management. Only two people working front desk, bar, and preparing food. Terrible service for the guests. Employees were very unhappy and always complaining.
Fun & Energetic Place
The best part about working for the Hyatt Regenecy in downtown Albuquerque is that all of my guests had a three day shelf life. Also, they were usualy excited ad eager to explore the area. So I was awlays their night cap
Great company to work for.
Hyatt Place cares about their employees and work hard to provide our guest with excellent service. Great benefits, flexible work schedule and professional staff.
Do not work here
They pay minimum wage,they lie about having two people a shift because they're so broke they can only afford one per shift. Housekeeping is always having issues. They treat guests as if they're God's and if you're okay with having a guest throw literal rocks and paper at you and your managers way of handling that is to reward them with a free night. Then maybe this is the place for you . The only benefit I got out of this place was that both maintenance and the front desk staff are cool decent people who work way to hard for the treatment they get. I have worked for Hotels before,but this hotel has to be the worst .
Most enjoyable part of the job, staff
When it’s busy it’s busy, but we work as a team, they are nice people, and that’s what made me stay a little longer. I left because of the manager, he micro manages us. But I heard he was transferred. I probably would have stayed. The
negative is that they go by seniority ( Union) so if your new you will not like your schedule.
Management is awful seriously.
Well, all managers were so lazy lazy lazy.

Front desk manager wasn't professional and diligent at all as she's delaying everything and not professional most of time. For instance, she wasn't punctual on her schedule, late with her ordering, didn't check inventories properly and didn't post our schedule on time.

If you want to learn something, need to ask first because she won't teach you first.

They were always short staffed in the morning but managers didn't help much, just kept putting hard work or hassles on front desk employees.

Oh, Front desk employee had to clean the breakfast area and entrance area because housekeeping didn't clean public area around front desk which is ridiculous, I had to sweep and mop the whole lobby.

General manager had not much knowledges about front desk job or computer system, so I couldn't get any proper answers when i needed help with the system.

Front desk employee's job duty isn't the same as job posting.
Great inclusion
I highly recommend Hyatt Place Auburn Hills to work and to be a guest there. The management company is amazing and the job requires so much from you. Cook meals, bartender and work at front desk with other duties as requested. The benefits and discounts are great the employee discounts are huge. Great job to advance
Hyatt Place
I love this job. My co workers have became family they really care about you. Everyday i work there i have a great time, thats how you know you love your job. The customers are amazing they makemy day know i could make a difference in their lives. Thats what its all about caring for others.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Start work to early 6am
4.3K