Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Great company to work at, they care about the employees and make sure to set us up for success each time. The managers have your back and the constant flow of guests makes it a great place to work and grow.
I worked there for about 2 years until the pandemic caused me to lose my job. The best thing about the job is the travel benefits if you work at a corporate location.
OverallThe Hyatt Regency St.Louis at the Arch was by far my favorite job I've had. As a Front Desk Agent the pay is decent but the commissions you can make are amazing. So long as you meet your metrics you can make, realistically, more than the Front Office Manager simply by up-selling. The family feel between you, your managers, colleagues of your department as well as everyone else in the hotel is wonderful. Everyone is every knowledgeable and laid back but also hard working. Potential for advancement is there so long as you apply yourself and have a passion for Hospitality. The work hours are steady and reliable during peak season, flexible scheduling for requests off and vacation. Everyone from your fellow colleagues all the way up to the General Manager of the Hotel are friendly and welcoming which makes for one of the best working environments you've ever been in. 10/10, if I hadn't moved out of Missouri I would still be working for the Hyatt Regency St.Louis.
Pleasant Grove Hyatt is the Problem Child! No leadership or clean standards! No body going w covid guidelines! Trainwreck! Save yourself! RUN! No body is in charge! The assistant manager hides in the back of their is a concern....
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay!
Great company to work for. Offers good benefits and incentives, as well as career opportunities. I worked at Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center and Grand Hyatt in Downtown Denver, and both hotels have great management, excellent communication and teamwork.
We’ll talk. It was ok. Consistently busy and work was always available. Hospitality industry offers ways for advancement and the discount to employees is nice. Just gave to deal with rude guests. Vbsb. No.
Good place to work! Once you know what to do, getting along with people gets easier. Keep up with your licensing and know the laws when it comes to serving alcohol.
learn high standars of qualityabout costumer service, checking the procidure to get goog results, good enviroment to work, course to provide good results and quality service to people from diferent parts of the world
Pros
free lunch and transportation included
Cons
work more than 8hrs
I was hired as only a front desk agent but ended up being the bartender, the chef, the engineer. You end up getting paid a little to no money and overwhelming responsibilities. No management or team member encouragement. Very little training.
Inadaquate Compensation for work done and amount of opportunity to advance were not there. Easy to make friends and a very relaxed work environment for the most part. No support from management or encouragement to succeed unless you work in housekeeping. Forget about having any holidays off as management prioritizes favorites for those days off. And don't even think about a raise after one year of employment.
Pros
Fun and relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor pay and lack of advancement
I’m now working for franchise department. I don’t recommend anyone working for a franchise company. Make sure the hotel you work for is corporate. You will receive more perks that way!
I love working at the Hyatt, employees are treated with respect, they encourage the employ to keep growing in their field of choice and the have amazing benefits.
this was a place i felt very comfortable, the reason of being my family been in the hotel business for years and it was something i always wanted to do , when i started working for the hyatt place it was a great experience.
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. The management was terrible and did not care for their staff one bit. Management does not care for their staff or their lives.
It was a cool place to work for a little while. I liked it. Made some friends. the managers and supervisors were honestly super cool as well. If they paid more than $12 per hour at front desk i most def. would of stayed
Never a dull moment at Hyatt House. You get to meet a lot of different people and the work is never boring. The managers actually care about you here and want to see you succeed.
Hyatt does not care for it's employees. They have Manager"s who make the work environment one of hostility and retaliation. Corporate doesn't care about employees of our unhappiness or job atmosphere, what matters to them is Revenue. The mistreatment of employees is overlooked because the Managers are bringing in the Money.
My career at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa was short-lived but full of life and an absolutely wonderful Management team, my co-workers were kind and understanding and our guests were always the best. I learned more from my time here than I did in my year in College and will forever be grateful for the opportunity I was granted
The Hyatt was a great place to work . I really enjoyed not only my coworkers but managers too ! A lot of diversity . I was able to be myself even in uniform.
I loved working with Hyatt, The best thing about this company was that we all were equally treated and worked as a team. I never saw racism or gender issues in the Company. From the employee to the Managers we all worked to our best! The good this is the benefits provided by the Company,Medical , Dental, vision is a plus and on top of that was the Reward sign up and claim your rewards. I got so many stuff for my house. No one believes me but I got it through Hyatt!!
Pros
I Need to get back to hyatt
They will work well with your schedule, even if you're a student. So if you need a flexible schedule they can provide that for you, and even do part time.