Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Greeter

Greeter28 reviews
Very Good
Good Management, overall operation can be improve as Greeter position, Schedule planning can be improve, schedule provide on Saturday if provide in the middle of the week could help life balance.
Pros
Cons
Schedule, room service orders
Working there is amazing
As a greeter at Watersedge you get to learn so many new things you get to meet so many new people and you learn fast that your team members are the most helpful people around you they help you and you help them
The Hyatt was fun but not stable
Overall the Hyatt is a great place to work at if you want to be part time it’s a great place to start out your resume but you only get benefits after being there for a limited amount of time
Fun workplace, diversity
It was a fun workplace, I met a lot of people and made friends with international internship.
Worktime schedule was fit perfectly with my schedule.

Senior managers and director were great.

Peer were very friendly and supportive.
Hyatt experience
Hyatt is a great company to work for. With great people from all different walks of life. You are able to learn different skills and learn different traits while working for this company. They are very flexible with your schedule especially those still in school.
Productive and Engaging environment to work in.
Each day is a fun work day with co-workers that have become like family. We pride in making guest feel at home when they visit our hotel and want to come again!
Pros
Benefits, Great Management, Open Door Policy
Cons
Slow Seasons bring low pay.
Enjoyable place to work. Very nice co-workers
Learned new software skills. Work days and hours suited my needs. Hardest part of the greeter job was standing for eight hours per day. Management tried to provide two days off in a row per week and honored requests for specific days off.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
productive but not enough to excel in learning
Have done everything i can to learn what i can, they limit you to your learning. Its very easy to learn your position. Very family oriented. coworker are easy to get along with.
Learning environment
Working at Hyatt was one of the best experiences i have gone through. I learned how to be a better worker and be more understanding in the customer service world. Everyone is looking for improvement in your department and as a company itself. Its a place to find opportunity and growth.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
hotel environment
Nice, but unorganized
My schedule was released every Saturday, and every Saturday it seemed like I was working a new shift. My first week I got to know everyone working in the morning and I got used to the sleep schedule. The next week I was moved to dinner, the week after that I was moved to an entirely new position and I was not trained for the new position either. Going from food runner to greeter is a big change, I wish they had given me a little more heads up so I could feel more confident going in. I feel like I wasn't treated very well overall by management and I think that is because I was only there for the summer. I wasn't given information on how to check my pay schedule or how to request days off, they just threw me into the deep end. No rules were ever laid out either, my manager had only been there for two months so he did not seem to have a grasp on the inner workings of the kitchen and restaurant. My coworkers were the best parts of my day, they kept me sane and were the only real teachers that I had.
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits
Cons
Little/No Breaks, No training, No communication
Beautiful work place, good people
Working in hospitality is a blast. My negative experiences were with managers who failed to set in place boundaries and reprimand poor behavior. Meeting people from all over the world is incredible (sometimes great sometimes not).
Pros
hotel stays, environment
Cons
blocked dates for hotel stays, blackout dates for holidays
Professional and friendly workplace with something always going on.
Being a hotel, Hyatt was never a boring job. There was always fun and interesting events happening, groups that were staying or hosting events at the hotel. The coffee shop was fun in that I got to learn how to make most of the starbucks drinks but difficult at times when there was a large group or party and everyone would come get drinks or food at the same time(a "rush" or "pop" we would call it). Probably my favorite part of the job was the relationships i built with people while working there, with guests and employees.
Pros
cafeteria, fun days or festivities on work days for employees and guests
Cons
scheduling
enjoyed working with people
Been working for a while there and I found out that some employer have really bad manners and not really a people person the only thing that was good about this is the customer that stay there
Pros
days off
Cons
day off
lack of management
Hyatt Centric is acuatly a franchise hotel who bears a Hyatt name. The overall is lack of management, particularly the Food&Beverage I worked for. At the beginning I came in, we did not even have a manager nor chef.
Excellent enviroment
Wonderful place to work, everybody respects each other, friendly environment, excellent benefits.
Managers are good leaders you can see them every day interacting with employees, always willing to help.
great place to work
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
I love the closeness working with my colleagues.
I learnt to work closely with my work colleagues. I didn't like how they cut the hours way below 40 hrs as I was not being paid enough to survive a month to begin with. The job was boring and that made time really hard to pass. There was not much to learn as it was a really easy job. It wasn't a hard job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unfair Write ups
Hyatt
Very fast pace job but wonderful. Always someone willing to help you advance your skills in any department. Wonderful management, CEO is never to far apart and ready to give a help hand
Pros
Free Lunch, Great CEO
Greeter
I communicated with staff and managers of daily task. I would assist with pre-shift and line up before the lunch or dinner would begin. I would assign servers their station within the restaurant and reservations. I called guests to confirm reservations. I assisted management in guest satisfaction. learning these skills have helped develop my management and sales skills within the restaurant. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers and the new people i am blessed to meet.
Pros
develop new skill set
Cons
under staffed
Very good at allowing you to grow and assist guests, I loved this job! The training and other workers are very friendly and they are always willing to help you succeed.
Loved working here
Great pay,union job, great benefits and opportunity for advancement. A lot of diversity and ability to experience different types of jobs.
4.4K