Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Found 369 reviews matching the search See all 8,933 reviews
Good at first, changed management companies.
Lead Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 8011224 February 2020
The company itself was very well organized and had a good benefit structure. We started as a corporate property and shifted to a managed property who was managed by Stonebridge. I didn't enjoy new management company and left.
To many jobs to little pay
Host (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA23 February 2020
Hire you for 1 job then end up having 5 all for min wage to many rules, not allowed on property unless you’re working. All the employees hate it there
Pros
Can’t think of anything
Cons
Everything I listed
in room dining
Host and In Room Dining (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS19 February 2020
the jobs are very nice and everyone who works there is very kind and the management and benefits are great . i work as in room dining delivering food to people
Leaders Don't Care
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MA15 February 2020
Managers would rather see employees leave than attend to their needs. Hospitality and care for well-being only extends to rude customers, not employees who give everything for the company.
Hyatt: Perfect place to build your Hotel Career
Front Office Host (Former Employee) –  Manila, Bonifacio Global City14 February 2020
Hyatt was the perfect Hotel for me to learn most of the skills I needed from a 5 star hotel. All of my colleagues were very competitive which is a good sign for me, because having competitive colleagues at work means that the management is really good in a way that those who ware performing at their best will surely get promoted.

They are also continuously monitoring all of their employee's career growth, they will make sure that your career at Hyatt will flourish. If they see you performing really well, they will not hesitate to promote you.

Hyatt also loves rewarding their employees for their good deeds, there is no shortage of recognition from the management once they see that you delivered an excellent customer service to their guests.

Overall, Hyatt is a good and fun place to work with. So if you are looking to start or build a career at the Hotel, then Hyatt is the best place to be.
wish I could get my time back
host/bartender/cook/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL10 February 2020
job requires you to check them in, bartend, cook, send guests housekeeping supplies upstairs. maintain nearly everything while the managers leave at 5pm and you stay till 11pm . It was too much work for mediocre compensation. Also the managers were sexiest towards men and had the guys do most of the stressful tasks while the girls just laid back it was 4/1 boy/ girl ratio too and the managers were all female so there was no avoiding that. its not all Hyatts that operate like this though it was just the Hyatt place in Orlando due to lazy and pispoor management. guests were always mad at the age of the hotel and location and everything else under sun and you were obligated to resolve the situation while still having several tasks at hand and staff was ALWAYS severely understaffed. employees typically start and disappear after a week or 2. I saw many come and go. Do not waste your time working here I rather kick rocks
Pros
free mediocre food
Cons
barely any breaks, basically do managers tasks for them while you're severely underpaid
Good overall
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH19 January 2020
Honeslty best part time job I could ask for. Hours are flexible, you can always pick up more hours. People are friendly coworkers are nice. Managment is great as well.
A foot in the door, I suppose
Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ12 January 2020
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door of the hospitality field, this position is for you, as it offers longevity. However, there is almost no room for advancement. Managers and supervisors are friendly, but they are lying when they tell you that it’s easy to move up in the company. There is only one opening in any position that isn’t entry-level, and since all of the team leads and managers are best friends, they have no interest in your advancement within the company. You’ll have 500 responsibilities and are held to a remarkably high standard for the lack of training and pay.
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 January 2020
It definitely does get busy, always something to do, you might be able to do ours if you are willing to work in the afternoons and mornings it’s good overall
A customer service oriented environment
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ2 January 2020
This is guest oriented business and i do my best to provide an excellent experience for the guests at all levels. A typical day would be operating the kitchen and assisting guests.
Communicate more with employees
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC30 December 2019
Communication is the key, be kind and also effective also don’t make friends with the employees.. no mixing business with pleasure. Be honest with your employees as well.
Great location
Gallery Host/Task Force Team Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC21 December 2019
Great location and great leadership.
They recognized my talents and open up opportunities for me to utilize them.
They added me to the task force team for almost a year. Great experience.
I’ve literally never worked in such an unprofessional environment
host (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 November 2019
Imagine being disrespected to your face daily, imagine having your job threatened by management over lies by lazy employees who don’t even value the job, imagine them changing your work uniform from a professional suit to a low cut short wrap dress and them telling you they don’t care you don’t feel comfortable showing your chest or wearing a dress this short and them shrugging they shoulders and saying the uniforms the uniform, imagine your HR painting you out to be the issue because that’s what it’s like to work for this Hyatt years of disrespect and no value
Productive and fun workplace
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 November 2019
I absolutely loved working here and with everyone. It was such an amazing learning and work experience from being at the front desk, to working in the kitchen with the cooks This was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had.
Managed property with no opportunities.
Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ25 November 2019
If you expect to work tenfold the value of your paycheck, not be appreciated, be stagnant for about 2 years and be watching your back about "he-said-she-said" BS, This is your place!
Not bad for a college student
Gallery Hostess (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX20 November 2019
I didn't mind this job as a college student, but they did expect me to work 35+ hours a week while also being a full-time student so that was rough. The work wasn't hard, you just have to be confident in your customer service skills and not waver when guests complain or get upset.
Best Job Ever
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX7 November 2019
This is the best job I have ever had!!! Great benefits and pay. Hyatt really cares about their employees. I would definitely recommend working for Hyatt!
Stressful but also relaxed workplace
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL28 October 2019
The Gallery Host position does come with its downtime and can but when its busy its faced paced and you have to be able to multitask. Management tends to contradict themselves often causing you to be unable to perform your duties as instructed when you first begin working there. Gallery Host does not only included working the front desk, you also have to work the bar area, kitchen, and sometimes may have to setup meetings rooms.
Good Company just difficult in this country
Front Office Host (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi18 October 2019
The Hyatt company itself awesome, however in UAE it's more difficult due to working hours being too long, and life/work balance is lacking. Team is great.
Very Overrated/Poor Compensation
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 October 2019
I would not recommend anyone work here. Hourly pay was very low and management was not committed to their job and the work place. Need to make better choices when choosing upper management candidates.

54.3K