Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Found 363 reviews matching the search See all 8,782 reviews
Good overall
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH19 January 2020
Honeslty best part time job I could ask for. Hours are flexible, you can always pick up more hours. People are friendly coworkers are nice. Managment is great as well.
A foot in the door, I suppose
Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ12 January 2020
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door of the hospitality field, this position is for you, as it offers longevity. However, there is almost no room for advancement. Managers and supervisors are friendly, but they are lying when they tell you that it’s easy to move up in the company. There is only one opening in any position that isn’t entry-level, and since all of the team leads and managers are best friends, they have no interest in your advancement within the company. You’ll have 500 responsibilities and are held to a remarkably high standard for the lack of training and pay.
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 January 2020
It definitely does get busy, always something to do, you might be able to do ours if you are willing to work in the afternoons and mornings it’s good overall
A customer service oriented environment
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ2 January 2020
This is guest oriented business and i do my best to provide an excellent experience for the guests at all levels. A typical day would be operating the kitchen and assisting guests.
Communicate more with employees
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC30 December 2019
Communication is the key, be kind and also effective also don’t make friends with the employees.. no mixing business with pleasure. Be honest with your employees as well.
Great location
Gallery Host/Task Force Team Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC21 December 2019
Great location and great leadership.
They recognized my talents and open up opportunities for me to utilize them.
They added me to the task force team for almost a year. Great experience.
I’ve literally never worked in such an unprofessional environment
host (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 November 2019
Imagine being disrespected to your face daily, imagine having your job threatened by management over lies by lazy employees who don’t even value the job, imagine them changing your work uniform from a professional suit to a low cut short wrap dress and them telling you they don’t care you don’t feel comfortable showing your chest or wearing a dress this short and them shrugging they shoulders and saying the uniforms the uniform, imagine your HR painting you out to be the issue because that’s what it’s like to work for this Hyatt years of disrespect and no value
Productive and fun workplace
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 November 2019
I absolutely loved working here and with everyone. It was such an amazing learning and work experience from being at the front desk, to working in the kitchen with the cooks This was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had.
Managed property with no opportunities.
Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ25 November 2019
If you expect to work tenfold the value of your paycheck, not be appreciated, be stagnant for about 2 years and be watching your back about "he-said-she-said" BS, This is your place!
Not bad for a college student
Gallery Hostess (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX20 November 2019
I didn't mind this job as a college student, but they did expect me to work 35+ hours a week while also being a full-time student so that was rough. The work wasn't hard, you just have to be confident in your customer service skills and not waver when guests complain or get upset.
Best Job Ever
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX7 November 2019
This is the best job I have ever had!!! Great benefits and pay. Hyatt really cares about their employees. I would definitely recommend working for Hyatt!
Stressful but also relaxed workplace
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL28 October 2019
The Gallery Host position does come with its downtime and can but when its busy its faced paced and you have to be able to multitask. Management tends to contradict themselves often causing you to be unable to perform your duties as instructed when you first begin working there. Gallery Host does not only included working the front desk, you also have to work the bar area, kitchen, and sometimes may have to setup meetings rooms.
Good Company just difficult in this country
Front Office Host (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi18 October 2019
The Hyatt company itself awesome, however in UAE it's more difficult due to working hours being too long, and life/work balance is lacking. Team is great.
Very Overrated/Poor Compensation
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 October 2019
I would not recommend anyone work here. Hourly pay was very low and management was not committed to their job and the work place. Need to make better choices when choosing upper management candidates.
Productive work environment
GALLERY HOST (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX6 October 2019
The co-workers are great and management is amazing. Everyone gets along with everyone and feels like a big family. Hyatt is a great hotel to work for.
Horrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH1 October 2019
I hated it and they don’t care I would never go back their even if they asked to pay me more I don’t like it they are unprofessional the management treat u Very bad and they be quick to lie on you and some of them are racist.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun and inviting work environment
Grand Club Host (Former Employee) –  Poipu, HI1 October 2019
Their values for team members and guests are top notch! You can never get in trouble with going above and beyond to exceed guest satisfaction levels. Such a great company to work for!
Overall vary good
ENGG HOST (Current Employee) –  Hampi, Karnataka28 September 2019
Hyatt hotel excellent property. very good prapaly cear for tha staff. more experience my life all management team supporting for me. more benefit in my life.
problem solving on your feet with patience as a necessity
gallery host (Former Employee) –  hyatt place27 September 2019
Typical day at work is always busy. I've learned a lot about different parts of the country and and how their cultures interact. Management gives you training to help you be on the floor successfully. Workplace culture is always busy with full of excitement. Hardest part of your job could be thinking on your feet to take a stressful situation to a fixed situation without it escalating quickly and not for the front desk win. Most enjoyable are the guests happy faces and personalities.
Amazing place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2019
Hyatt is a great place to work! I love the people I work with and our guests are also kind. I love feeling very supported everytime I'm at work. You get free meals when you're at work and they give you a uniform, it is great.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner

54.2K