Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

fun
working in this company taught me about customer service , and about the hotel atmosphere .

i would check in guest

make reservation

speak to representatives over the phone
Pros
good pay
Cons
The stress isn't worth the pay.
This is a high stress job that does not pay well at all. One of the only things I like are the people I work with. It is also extremely unorganized with constant turnover.
Good at first, changed management companies.
The company itself was very well organized and had a good benefit structure. We started as a corporate property and shifted to a managed property who was managed by Stonebridge. I didn't enjoy new management company and left.
To many jobs to little pay
Hire you for 1 job then end up having 5 all for min wage to many rules, not allowed on property unless you’re working. All the employees hate it there
Pros
Can’t think of anything
Cons
Everything I listed
in room dining
the jobs are very nice and everyone who works there is very kind and the management and benefits are great . i work as in room dining delivering food to people
Leaders Don't Care
Managers would rather see employees leave than attend to their needs. Hospitality and care for well-being only extends to rude customers, not employees who give everything for the company.
Hyatt: Perfect place to build your Hotel Career
Hyatt was the perfect Hotel for me to learn most of the skills I needed from a 5 star hotel. All of my colleagues were very competitive which is a good sign for me, because having competitive colleagues at work means that the management is really good in a way that those who ware performing at their best will surely get promoted.

They are also continuously monitoring all of their employee's career growth, they will make sure that your career at Hyatt will flourish. If they see you performing really well, they will not hesitate to promote you.

Hyatt also loves rewarding their employees for their good deeds, there is no shortage of recognition from the management once they see that you delivered an excellent customer service to their guests.

Overall, Hyatt is a good and fun place to work with. So if you are looking to start or build a career at the Hotel, then Hyatt is the best place to be.
wish I could get my time back
job requires you to check them in, bartend, cook, send guests housekeeping supplies upstairs. maintain nearly everything while the managers leave at 5pm and you stay till 11pm . It was too much work for mediocre compensation. Also the managers were sexiest towards men and had the guys do most of the stressful tasks while the girls just laid back it was 4/1 boy/ girl ratio too and the managers were all female so there was no avoiding that. its not all Hyatts that operate like this though it was just the Hyatt place in Orlando due to lazy and pispoor management. guests were always mad at the age of the hotel and location and everything else under sun and you were obligated to resolve the situation while still having several tasks at hand and staff was ALWAYS severely understaffed. employees typically start and disappear after a week or 2. I saw many come and go. Do not waste your time working here I rather kick rocks
Pros
free mediocre food
Cons
barely any breaks, basically do managers tasks for them while you're severely underpaid
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Good overall
Honeslty best part time job I could ask for. Hours are flexible, you can always pick up more hours. People are friendly coworkers are nice. Managment is great as well.
A foot in the door, I suppose
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door of the hospitality field, this position is for you, as it offers longevity. However, there is almost no room for advancement. Managers and supervisors are friendly, but they are lying when they tell you that it’s easy to move up in the company. There is only one opening in any position that isn’t entry-level, and since all of the team leads and managers are best friends, they have no interest in your advancement within the company. You’ll have 500 responsibilities and are held to a remarkably high standard for the lack of training and pay.
Good
It definitely does get busy, always something to do, you might be able to do ours if you are willing to work in the afternoons and mornings it’s good overall
A customer service oriented environment
This is guest oriented business and i do my best to provide an excellent experience for the guests at all levels. A typical day would be operating the kitchen and assisting guests.
Communicate more with employees
Communication is the key, be kind and also effective also don’t make friends with the employees.. no mixing business with pleasure. Be honest with your employees as well.
Great location
Great location and great leadership.
They recognized my talents and open up opportunities for me to utilize them.

They added me to the task force team for almost a year. Great experience.
I’ve literally never worked in such an unprofessional environment
Imagine being disrespected to your face daily, imagine having your job threatened by management over lies by lazy employees who don’t even value the job, imagine them changing your work uniform from a professional suit to a low cut short wrap dress and them telling you they don’t care you don’t feel comfortable showing your chest or wearing a dress this short and them shrugging they shoulders and saying the uniforms the uniform, imagine your HR painting you out to be the issue because that’s what it’s like to work for this Hyatt years of disrespect and no value
Productive and fun workplace
I absolutely loved working here and with everyone. It was such an amazing learning and work experience from being at the front desk, to working in the kitchen with the cooks This was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had.
Managed property with no opportunities.
If you expect to work tenfold the value of your paycheck, not be appreciated, be stagnant for about 2 years and be watching your back about "he-said-she-said" BS, This is your place!
Not bad for a college student
I didn't mind this job as a college student, but they did expect me to work 35+ hours a week while also being a full-time student so that was rough. The work wasn't hard, you just have to be confident in your customer service skills and not waver when guests complain or get upset.
Best Job Ever
This is the best job I have ever had!!! Great benefits and pay. Hyatt really cares about their employees. I would definitely recommend working for Hyatt!
Stressful but also relaxed workplace
The Gallery Host position does come with its downtime and can but when its busy its faced paced and you have to be able to multitask. Management tends to contradict themselves often causing you to be unable to perform your duties as instructed when you first begin working there. Gallery Host does not only included working the front desk, you also have to work the bar area, kitchen, and sometimes may have to setup meetings rooms.
Good Company just difficult in this country
The Hyatt company itself awesome, however in UAE it's more difficult due to working hours being too long, and life/work balance is lacking. Team is great.
4.3K