Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Host/Hostess381 reviews
working in this company taught me about customer service , and about the hotel atmosphere .

i would check in guest

make reservation

speak to representatives over the phone
Pros
good pay
Cons
Where do I start about Working here. If you like to be a front desk agent also a bartender and also a cook and getting paid minimum wage which here in Connecticut is $11 right now then this job is for you. Management was awesome but the job description is just like that... plus what I think is ridiculous is that tips have to be divided to everyone even though they don't do anything and you're busting your balls. If they were up their pay and this would be nice.
Working for hyatt was very empowering to me, they promote within the company and encourage you to learn as much about different departments as you can.
Pros
the hyatt provides lunch, Promoting within the company and allowing you to train in different departments, aldo they pay for stundents to go to school, $1000 a semester.
Cons
depends on the hyatt and department but i commonly worked doubles, which i was always asked and willing to do.
Working at Hyatt was a good experience. Cafeteria food was bad 50% of the time, but is free. Management is mediocre. Pay is good but, tips are not well distributed. Problems with uniforms. Training was poor. The worst is the schedule, forget about having week ends off or holidays. Family time is reduced to almost none, and can't plan time off with family. You have to work all three shifts, which messes up your sleeping patterns.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks. No set schedule. Favoritism.
No communication get upset when need to help u .or you ask for help or there to much talking to ether people and u just don’t get told how to fix it they do it them self !
Management picks and chooses rules based on who is working. Sometimes you're allowed to sit, sometimes you are threatened with being fired. You are expected to work 8 hour shifts without a lunch break. You will get in trouble for going to the bathroom. You will be asked to do questionable things in the sake of having rooms paid for.
Pros
Hotel Experience
Cons
No breaks, bad management, long shifts, low pay
Coworkers made the job fun. Most the managers wasn't that nice or reasonable. They really dont know how to treat adult workers. They treat everyone like children.
Hyatt is a upper class hotel who cater professionally and personally to their guest and emoloyees. My manager and assistant mgr. made our jobs fun yet professional
Pros
Great pay, full benefits, and great hours
Cons
I really have no complaints about Hyatt place Topeka KS
But we was so short staff I had to do everything from the bar to the kitchen it became very overwhelming. But they have so many nice employees to work with
I’ve worked here since December and I was and still am ready to quit. Already looking for another job. Not a place anyone wants to work! They over work you and expect you to devote your life to the hotel. If you disagree with management they will cut your hours.
This hotel is in the heart of Nashville. Incredibly busy 10 months out of the year. Unfortunately, due to high turn over in management staff, hourly associates tend not to be retained. Should there be a better focus on training and promoting from within they may have a better work force.
family oriented they care for their employees a great place to work, fast pace work environment. your schedule goes with occupancy of the hotel, very physical and constantly moving.
This is a high stress job that does not pay well at all. One of the only things I like are the people I work with. It is also extremely unorganized with constant turnover.
The company itself was very well organized and had a good benefit structure. We started as a corporate property and shifted to a managed property who was managed by Stonebridge. I didn't enjoy new management company and left.
Hire you for 1 job then end up having 5 all for min wage to many rules, not allowed on property unless you’re working. All the employees hate it there
Pros
Can’t think of anything
Cons
Everything I listed
the jobs are very nice and everyone who works there is very kind and the management and benefits are great . i work as in room dining delivering food to people
Managers would rather see employees leave than attend to their needs. Hospitality and care for well-being only extends to rude customers, not employees who give everything for the company.
Hyatt was the perfect Hotel for me to learn most of the skills I needed from a 5 star hotel. All of my colleagues were very competitive which is a good sign for me, because having competitive colleagues at work means that the management is really good in a way that those who ware performing at their best will surely get promoted.

They are also continuously monitoring all of their employee's career growth, they will make sure that your career at Hyatt will flourish. If they see you performing really well, they will not hesitate to promote you.

Hyatt also loves rewarding their employees for their good deeds, there is no shortage of recognition from the management once they see that you delivered an excellent customer service to their guests.

Overall, Hyatt is a good and fun place to work with. So if you are looking to start or build a career at the Hotel, then Hyatt is the best place to be.
job requires you to check them in, bartend, cook, send guests housekeeping supplies upstairs. maintain nearly everything while the managers leave at 5pm and you stay till 11pm . It was too much work for mediocre compensation. Also the managers were sexiest towards men and had the guys do most of the stressful tasks while the girls just laid back it was 4/1 boy/ girl ratio too and the managers were all female so there was no avoiding that. its not all Hyatts that operate like this though it was just the Hyatt place in Orlando due to lazy and pispoor management. guests were always mad at the age of the hotel and location and everything else under sun and you were obligated to resolve the situation while still having several tasks at hand and staff was ALWAYS severely understaffed. employees typically start and disappear after a week or 2. I saw many come and go. Do not waste your time working here I rather kick rocks
Pros
free mediocre food
Cons
barely any breaks, basically do managers tasks for them while you're severely underpaid
Honeslty best part time job I could ask for. Hours are flexible, you can always pick up more hours. People are friendly coworkers are nice. Managment is great as well.
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door of the hospitality field, this position is for you, as it offers longevity. However, there is almost no room for advancement. Managers and supervisors are friendly, but they are lying when they tell you that it’s easy to move up in the company. There is only one opening in any position that isn’t entry-level, and since all of the team leads and managers are best friends, they have no interest in your advancement within the company. You’ll have 500 responsibilities and are held to a remarkably high standard for the lack of training and pay.
4.5K