Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Hyatt Corporation in general and Hyatt Regency Denver specifically has a diverse culture that is supportive and encouraging. More of the time than not it is a fun, positive place to work. The managers and supervisors are there to assist and support you always, not just during your shift. The benefits are amazing - quality and inexpensive Healthcare, generous vacation days and sick days, discounted and free nights at properties around the world, employee cafeteria offering food all day/night. The GM truly and genuinely cares about everyone who works there. The HR Department is on site and always there to support you as well. It's a company that encourages growth and promotion.
Pros
Positive work environment, great benefits, free food in employee cafeteria
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Poor management and dirty kitchen with mice.lazy staff. The GM was awful and showed favoritism to employees. No call no shows and the pay is awful...
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Hyatt are not worth what they want you to complete. If you are a hard worker you will be taken advantage of, if you lazy you get cartered to and will be able to be lazy while everyone else that works picks up the slack. Everyone knows everyone and are friends in management so as long as you kiss the right persons behind and play fake with the mangers you'll get what you want and be able to move up. It's all backwards. They hired a manger BJ Bliss, who doesn't care about customer service or people just money money money.
Where do I begin... Hyatt is a good company to work for, medical insurance, 401K, discounted and complimentary room nights. However, upper management at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is a joke. They say they care about all their employee but they don’t. If you are part of certain “cliques” you will be ok. Otherwise, good luck. No matter how many hours you work, how knowledgeable you are, you will always come second to upper managements friend group. When I worked there, some of the Front Desk managers used to drink on the job, upper management knew about this but it was ok because they were all “friends”. Nothing is confidential. management gossips about their employees personal life. Even Human Resources has no respect for their employees privacy. If you share something with HR or upper management it will be known within within 24 of you telling them. Things only got worse after the pandemic. Favoritism was only more noticeable. Employees that had been there for 10+ years got let go over employees who’ve been there one or two years, simply because the new employees were friends or family of HR and or upper management. Other than the company benefits, I would not recommend this specific location.
Pros
Company benefits, insurance, 401K, free room nights
Cons
Management, discrimination, pay, hours
As a gallery host/front desk agent at the HYATT Place you are expected to complete more tasks than the front desk. Very low staffing and it is not fair for the gallery host to be the chef, bartender, server, waitress, starbucks barista, busser of tables during breakfast and more. It is not enough pay (close to minumum wage) for the many tasks you have to do as a gallery host, plus to work the front desk checking in guests, answering phone calls and more. I was not drug tested at the Emeryville location. The job needs more specified positions for the many jobs there is to do to manage the hotel instead of putting all the work onto the gallery hosts/ front desk agents.
Pros
Free Lunch, Bonus Tips, Holiday Pay, Bonus Pay Due to Selling Out
Cons
Short Lunch, Short Staff
I worked there for about a year and HATED IT. I complained to HR / Corporate about the working environment and nothing was done about it. No one did their job and it always feel back on my shift. I don’t recommend. You will be miserable
Where do I start about Working here. If you like to be a front desk agent also a bartender and also a cook and getting paid minimum wage which here in Connecticut is $11 right now then this job is for you. Management was awesome but the job description is just like that... plus what I think is ridiculous is that tips have to be divided to everyone even though they don't do anything and you're busting your balls. If they were up their pay and this would be nice.
Working for hyatt was very empowering to me, they promote within the company and encourage you to learn as much about different departments as you can.
Pros
the hyatt provides lunch, Promoting within the company and allowing you to train in different departments, aldo they pay for stundents to go to school, $1000 a semester.
Cons
depends on the hyatt and department but i commonly worked doubles, which i was always asked and willing to do.
Working at Hyatt was a good experience. Cafeteria food was bad 50% of the time, but is free. Management is mediocre. Pay is good but, tips are not well distributed. Problems with uniforms. Training was poor. The worst is the schedule, forget about having week ends off or holidays. Family time is reduced to almost none, and can't plan time off with family. You have to work all three shifts, which messes up your sleeping patterns.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks. No set schedule. Favoritism.
No communication get upset when need to help u .or you ask for help or there to much talking to ether people and u just don’t get told how to fix it they do it them self !
Management picks and chooses rules based on who is working. Sometimes you're allowed to sit, sometimes you are threatened with being fired. You are expected to work 8 hour shifts without a lunch break. You will get in trouble for going to the bathroom. You will be asked to do questionable things in the sake of having rooms paid for.
Pros
Hotel Experience
Cons
No breaks, bad management, long shifts, low pay
Coworkers made the job fun. Most the managers wasn't that nice or reasonable. They really dont know how to treat adult workers. They treat everyone like children.
Hyatt is a upper class hotel who cater professionally and personally to their guest and emoloyees. My manager and assistant mgr. made our jobs fun yet professional
Pros
Great pay, full benefits, and great hours
Cons
I really have no complaints about Hyatt place Topeka KS
But we was so short staff I had to do everything from the bar to the kitchen it became very overwhelming. But they have so many nice employees to work with
I’ve worked here since December and I was and still am ready to quit. Already looking for another job. Not a place anyone wants to work! They over work you and expect you to devote your life to the hotel. If you disagree with management they will cut your hours.
This hotel is in the heart of Nashville. Incredibly busy 10 months out of the year. Unfortunately, due to high turn over in management staff, hourly associates tend not to be retained. Should there be a better focus on training and promoting from within they may have a better work force.
family oriented they care for their employees a great place to work, fast pace work environment. your schedule goes with occupancy of the hotel, very physical and constantly moving.
This is a high stress job that does not pay well at all. One of the only things I like are the people I work with. It is also extremely unorganized with constant turnover.
The company itself was very well organized and had a good benefit structure. We started as a corporate property and shifted to a managed property who was managed by Stonebridge. I didn't enjoy new management company and left.
Hire you for 1 job then end up having 5 all for min wage to many rules, not allowed on property unless you’re working. All the employees hate it there
Pros
Can’t think of anything
Cons
Everything I listed
the jobs are very nice and everyone who works there is very kind and the management and benefits are great . i work as in room dining delivering food to people