Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Housekeeping Manager

Housekeeping Manager113 reviews
All the staff are friendly
All the staff are friendly I like a lot work with them I learn a lot of my team of housekeeping they make me feel like family Iiked because they are very organized
Customer satisfaction
Since I started working there, my life has changed a lot, and they have been understanding and cooperative with helping me. I left for about 10 months because of health issues and they welcomed me back and I was given the room checking opportunity since I could no longer clean the rooms because of back surgeries. How awesome is that!!
Great center for learning
An excellent place to work , and a great center for learning along with fun. Management well organised. New challenging areas are given.Training and coaching provided. All work ethics followed
I loved my job 😪
Hyatt gives opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With lots of properties across the globe.Very well professional attitudes and ability to articulate your thoughts pastpastsituations is very important to expidite questioning process with interviewer. however don't ramble, but give any important details
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Put to much on one person to perform in such little time.
great Training
I enjoyed working for this property, the culture, the vision and the values of the brand.
although there was no flexibility with schedule or opportunities to grow in different areas .
Pros
complementary meal- room rate
Cons
lack of oportunities of growth
Some great managers but mostly weak leaders
I once loved this company but as I've moved up I've become more and more disappointed. I cannot speak for all Hyatt's but the operations side of the Hyatt Regency Denver only has a handful of strong and caring managers. There are some who really want to contribute to the growth and advancement of their employees, while others are clearly not very team oriented. If you are looking to advance at this property, stay away from the housekeeping department (at least for the near future). There are one or two managers who are very knowledgable but the rest are incredibly passive aggressive and impatient. They demean and demoralize their team with a smile on their face. Some managers are only there because they come from a well respected property. Their leadership skills are futile and their scarce contributions are rarely positive. Unfortunately, if you come from a well known property you will most likely be hired.
na
the company is a time share and not a hotel. The guests expect alot more than they recieve. The manager in HSKP is tough but fair. The GM of the property doesnt seem to pay attentio to w
Great location. Horrible everything else
They did not care about personal life. The schedule would sometimes come out the day before the new week. They would schedule you 7, 8 or even 9 days in a row.There was a strong lack of communication and a whole LOT of favoritism.
Property needs work
Don't work at the Nashville airport Hyatt onwers of the property don't care and won't spend time or money to make the hotel better need to close the property.
Pros
None close to airport
Cons
Needs to be updated
It’s ok
I think Hyatt has potential to be greater than it is. The workers are eager to work but with limited overtime it makes it hard to get the necessary tasks completed thoroughly.
Learning
A day at work is fun delightful. I learn something new everyday. I get along with everyone. I feels like home. No communication a lot of times. Getting better.
Hyatt is a best place to work
Hyatt is a best place to work always I was worked with Hyatt regency ahmedabad as housekeeping team leader and spend to good with Hyatt team even if I will get next chance to work with Hyatt then I am happy to join again
Hostile/Toxic environment
I worked as a housekeeping supervisor and my manager was so threatened by me, she would constantly blame me for things I had nothing to do with or things that would happen on my days off. She would never give constructive criticism, just throw blame so that she wouldn't have to take responsibility for not keeping an eye on her people while she just sat in the office all day. The worst was when I caught the housekeepers doing some shady stuff and she believed the housekeepers over me. When it was proved that I was right, she got salty about it and treated me like garbage all morning. It didn't help things that we had an absent GM so my complaints and concerns constantly fell on deaf ears. They don't care about you and they give the bare minimum to their employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very stressful, high turnover
Excellent place
I work there and love the people . Nice hotel and friendly people.no stress about work there is everything organized . The rooms is clean exactly the time the guest need and the front desk work together with housekeeping office
Good
hyatt is a company that guarantees the safety, well-being and improvement of all its workers. Excelent company.During the two years of work at hyatt I felt safe from the work environment and the professionalism of the work team. A pleasure to work and continue working for this company
Unorganized
They have alot of favoritism there and will work you past you shift. I loved my job but the people made me hate it. Never had enough staff to cover their shifts. Every day it was drama I just couldn't work like that.
Great place to work!
I've worked at Hyatt Place for a little over a year and have already been promoted. The management are all really great. Positive and fun environment!!
Housekeeping Coordinator
A fast pacing work environment. You must be able to multi-task and have good customer service skills. It's a challenging job which requires a lot of good memory and written log sheets of all call that comes through the housekeeping office.
Lot of fake reviews on this website, This place sucks
I just went in for an interview for the Room Inspector position and thought I'd give you my thoughts on why I am not taking the job. The starting wage for this supervisor position is only $12.50 starting wage. I make $12.25 at a lower position at another hotel, Starting out as a supervisor at my current job gives you $13 an hour or more so they do underpay.

There is no paid time off until after a year. Health insurance, and this is a quote from the head of housekeeping, is overpriced and she knew of no one in the hotel who had it. And that is about all they offer in terms of benefits.

The real kicker is the following: Despite being hired "full time", Your hours are slashed during the off-season so it is essentially a season job. The head of housekeeping said those who deserve the hours get the hours. If you want more hours from the bare minimum you get in your department, you have to train and work in other departments in the hotel (such as the kitchen and front desk). And even then, She told me that she works a part-time job in addition to the extra shifts she takes in the hotel to make up the difference during the offseason.

So they're offering a full-time job that isn't really full time. The pay isn't that good and the benefits are garbage. And what really struck me was that the GM, who was also sitting in on the interview with me, told me that a lot of people who work there take part-time unemployment so that is also an option for me if I am not getting enough hours and don't wanna work another job.

I wish I was making this up, I really really do.
Terrible stressful workplace. Culture non existent.
This place was terrible to say the least. The management sits down all day and expect everyone else to work the butts off. We never had linen so we were literally waiting for vacant rooms so we can use the linen for new arrivals. They put the hammer down on black employees you have no room for mistake and the pay is years behind. I started at 11 and some change every where else 13. This place is a joke and the funny thing about it I was fired when I would’ve gave my left butt cheek to quit.
good workplace culture
fair wages

recognition for great work and involvement

team cohesion was one of my favourite parts of working at the hotel

opportunities for growth and development were great

was diverse and very inclusive workspace
4.4K