Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member

Kitchen Team Member24 reviews
Working at Hyatt was memorial to work there and the team were helpful. We alway help each other and work with unions. The owner was so happy with our job. I got change to meet many friends friends from difficult place and different culture. I used work 4 days and I learn cooking of many items.
Hyatt truly cares for people so that they can be their best. The senior leadership is transparent and honest and has proven that they actually care about both line level and management staff.
It’s fun and all working til you realize that casual employees are not appreciated. It’s a new hotel when I started so management has a lot to work out.
I enjoyed working with the Team. It was at the evening time was full time even on weekends. i learned how to use machine effectively and efficently with proper time management . I enjoyed with the working team member , the supervisor provide coke in time to time that is the enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is that if there is staff absence we have to work about 12 hours in one shift.
chefs skill and quality is lower then three stars hotel but it is five stars hotel.
the ex-executive chef always used restaurant's budget to make new dish or order too much for service then give to another department without give back food cost. then cut off all the budget.
I worked at this place many years ago when I was young, I don't remember much of anything about this place besides the job was fast paced, but the people I worked with, were not there to be your friend, they were looking out for number 1.
Fun work place just find that it’s hard work for little pay and a lot is asked if you and the mangement could be better as well but overall a great place to work
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Hard work Short breaks
I've worked at this facility which is currently called the Tempe Mission Palms and have not been valued as I should, or promoted or respected. And I've been there for a few years! They need to focus on respecting employees and having integrity. As of right now, the hotel is under Union negotiations to make this hotel a better place. Obviously that tells you something though, that they needed direction because they aren't doing their jobs as leaders and management. So, I hope it will turn around, but I'll believe it when I see it!
Pros
Hours
Cons
No time for breaks, no growth, bad leadership, etc.
prepair breakfast ,lunch and meeting lunchies cook buffet for active for the hyatt hotel .lunch foe my manager and lunch party and cooking for the clients that stay there.
While working there I came across with great staffs who helped me a lot and taught me many things. I also learned to work by enjoying the work rather than taking it as a burden.
Pros
Helpful and cooperative staffs
Cons
Abit less salary
Here I was able to expand my talent to a new region. I was in a new geographical location with a more diverse population and customer demographic. It was here that I perfected my customer service skill.
Hyatt Hotel is one of the most renamed company in Hotel business. The staff is very good and you definitely can improve your career in the hotel. They give you all the tools that you need to learn.
Pros
Medical Care, Free Lunches, Transport and a good infrastructure
Cons
Recognition
Different positions. Management was very active with their employees. No communication from co-workers properly. Learning something NEW. Hyatt is a very chilled are and very slow paced but also fast on some days.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Staff had no communication skills
Great Place to work at. Great Workers also the guest you meet are wonderful people. Great atmosphere to be around. Great Location around the corner from Space needle
Overall is a fun place to work at. Gain a lot of experiences and learn a lot of things from other chefs. Friendly stuff and willing to teach you . Furthermore, they will give you the chance to handle stuff .
Pros
get to learn things from different stations.
Cons
working hours .
- typical day: clean the kitchen, create food for guest staying at hotel, helping with supervisor during spare time to get extra work that needs to be done accomplished.
-better team skills with different races, patience with understanding foreigners

- Organized, friendly management, willing to work with you with your accommodations

- the deep cleaning

-working with other that able to enjoy themselves at work but also get work done
Worked under good supervision. Got to explore a lot. Training were provided for staff development. Friendly environment and hard working team.
working as a trainee.
learn to work in organised way and with misplay.

its huge operation and management.

Well experience and hardworking co workers.

to work in kitchen.

enjoying to work in bust hours.
Pros
free meals
Cons
as per operation
It was good place for fresher and experiencing new thing always. Good and helpful employee team. I had good time there. I was able to manage the breakfast for the restaurant. Some good knowledge on cheese, sandwich, burger etc. I enjoy the working environment and employee support.
Pros
skilled employees
Cons
tough shift
The Grand hyatt is a wonderful place to work at been there for 7 years. I would come in the mornings help the breakfast cook and set up lunch as well for service. Interact with guests daily, our kitchen is a open setting. Customers would come up and watch us and ask questions. Occasionally take out food to guests and make sure they have what they need after dropping off the plate at there table. It a face paced environment, constantly moving.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
canceled fli
If you want to work in a high energy environment then Hyatt is the place for you. They provide competitive pay & it's also a great place for high school students to complete their internships.
Pros
Free lunches, vacation, sick leave for full time employees, healthcare, workers compensation, internships