Hyatt Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 8,761 reviews
Great Place
Manager, Andare Kitchen & Bar (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2019
Hyatt truly cares for people so that they can be their best. The senior leadership is transparent and honest and has proven that they actually care about both line level and management staff.
Food in the cafe is good!
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Taguig30 August 2019
It’s fun and all working til you realize that casual employees are not appreciated. It’s a new hotel when I started so management has a lot to work out.
productive and friendly supervisor.
Kitchen hand job (Former Employee) –  Darling Harbour NSW4 August 2019
I enjoyed working with the Team. It was at the evening time was full time even on weekends. i learned how to use machine effectively and efficently with proper time management . I enjoyed with the working team member , the supervisor provide coke in time to time that is the enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is that if there is staff absence we have to work about 12 hours in one shift.
Not a good place to work in the restaurant
Radii kitchen and room service, Cook (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 June 2019
chefs skill and quality is lower then three stars hotel but it is five stars hotel.
the ex-executive chef always used restaurant's budget to make new dish or order too much for service then give to another department without give back food cost. then cut off all the budget.
It's a hotel chain
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO30 May 2019
I worked at this place many years ago when I was young, I don't remember much of anything about this place besides the job was fast paced, but the people I worked with, were not there to be your friend, they were looking out for number 1.
Fun work place
KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY16 May 2019
Fun work place just find that it’s hard work for little pay and a lot is asked if you and the mangement could be better as well but overall a great place to work
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Hard work Short breaks
Needs revamping and a new positive culture!
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ11 March 2019
I've worked at this facility which is currently called the Tempe Mission Palms and have not been valued as I should, or promoted or respected. And I've been there for a few years! They need to focus on respecting employees and having integrity. As of right now, the hotel is under Union negotiations to make this hotel a better place. Obviously that tells you something though, that they needed direction because they aren't doing their jobs as leaders and management. So, I hope it will turn around, but I'll believe it when I see it!
Pros
Hours
Cons
No time for breaks, no growth, bad leadership, etc.
working as an cooking
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Delaware25 October 2018
prepair breakfast ,lunch and meeting lunchies cook buffet for active for the hyatt hotel .lunch foe my manager and lunch party and cooking for the clients that stay there.
I learned to work in fast paced environment
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Kathmandu, NP3 August 2018
While working there I came across with great staffs who helped me a lot and taught me many things. I also learned to work by enjoying the work rather than taking it as a burden.
Pros
Helpful and cooperative staffs
Cons
Abit less salary
Expanding Opportunity
Chef in charge of all kitchen responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA25 July 2018
Here I was able to expand my talent to a new region. I was in a new geographical location with a more diverse population and customer demographic. It was here that I perfected my customer service skill.
A good place to improve your career
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Brazil24 June 2018
Hyatt Hotel is one of the most renamed company in Hotel business. The staff is very good and you definitely can improve your career in the hotel. They give you all the tools that you need to learn.
Pros
Medical Care, Free Lunches, Transport and a good infrastructure
Cons
Recognition
Productive Place of Employment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Guam4 June 2018
Different positions. Management was very active with their employees. No communication from co-workers properly. Learning something NEW. Hyatt is a very chilled are and very slow paced but also fast on some days.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Staff had no communication skills
Kitchen Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 November 2017
Great Place to work at. Great Workers also the guest you meet are wonderful people. Great atmosphere to be around. Great Location around the corner from Space needle
Fun and gain experiences in the work place. Friendly stuff and bearable environment.
Intern in Pastry kitchen (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur29 May 2017
Overall is a fun place to work at. Gain a lot of experiences and learn a lot of things from other chefs. Friendly stuff and willing to teach you . Furthermore, they will give you the chance to handle stuff .
Pros
get to learn things from different stations.
Cons
working hours .
Very diverse comany
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI16 February 2017
- typical day: clean the kitchen, create food for guest staying at hotel, helping with supervisor during spare time to get extra work that needs to be done accomplished.
-better team skills with different races, patience with understanding foreigners
- Organized, friendly management, willing to work with you with your accommodations
- the deep cleaning
-working with other that able to enjoy themselves at work but also get work done
Productive workplace
Junior Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Kathmandu16 January 2017
Worked under good supervision. Got to explore a lot. Training were provided for staff development. Friendly environment and hard working team.
work as trainee.
Kitchen Executive Trainee (Former Employee) –  india26 December 2016
working as a trainee.
learn to work in organised way and with misplay.
its huge operation and management.
Well experience and hardworking co workers.
to work in kitchen.
enjoying to work in bust hours.
Pros
free meals
Cons
as per operation
Good environment for freshers.
kitchen trainee (Former Employee) –  Goa, India14 November 2016
It was good place for fresher and experiencing new thing always. Good and helpful employee team. I had good time there. I was able to manage the breakfast for the restaurant. Some good knowledge on cheese, sandwich, burger etc. I enjoy the working environment and employee support.
Pros
skilled employees
Cons
tough shift
Great workplace
Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TX9 November 2016
The Grand hyatt is a wonderful place to work at been there for 7 years. I would come in the mornings help the breakfast cook and set up lunch as well for service. Interact with guests daily, our kitchen is a open setting. Customers would come up and watch us and ask questions. Occasionally take out food to guests and make sure they have what they need after dropping off the plate at there table. It a face paced environment, constantly moving.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
canceled fli
High energy workplace
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Tumon, GU28 October 2016
If you want to work in a high energy environment then Hyatt is the place for you. They provide competitive pay & it's also a great place for high school students to complete their internships.
Pros
Free lunches, vacation, sick leave for full time employees, healthcare, workers compensation, internships

54.2K