Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Line Cook

Found 112 reviews matching the search See all 8,913 reviews
Dreadful place.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Regency18 February 2020
Expect to come into a hostile environment from those above that judge your job performance not only skill, merit, punctuality, experience or team work, but on the amount of staff members you greet with a big smile in a single day. You must be smiling at all times like a robotic fool with no feelings and be warned, they will fire you for no cause or reason and unexpectedly. Stay away.
Hyatt follows the best purpose "we care for people, so they can be their best"
Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Park Hyatt Maldives, Hadahaa12 January 2020
at Hyatt you are free, a mean you free to grow, learn as much as you want, help each other. Mostly what i liked is, is learning methods, training. at Hyatt i'm improving my culinary and personal skills.
Great friendships that were built
LINE COOK/LINE SUPERVISOR/BANQUET COOK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY1 December 2019
overall the hyatt is a good company to work for all they have to do is bump up the pay and help people advance their career management internally is tearing the company apart
Excellent
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN14 November 2019
Its a nice working place and people are nice also and sadly i was just working there as an intern basically just for 1 year but i had a lot of experience there and I learned new things as being a chef.
Work hard and show up on time ready to work
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Hyatt, Irvine ca16 October 2019
It was a great place to work. But for a growing family person. Weekends and holidays 9-10 times you will be working. The job security was okay there was always work to be done.
Great place to work.
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Hyatt regency gurgaon10 October 2019
Its a great place to work with good environment and have chance to groom and grow yourself at every moment and manegment of hyatt family is just excellent.
Good place to Work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2019
Only complaint is I found it difficult to balance job and life. When you are full time you get 12 free Hyatt nights a year. Great fringe benefit. Good benefits and salary.
Good place to start the career after graduate.
Lead lines cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA19 September 2019
Really busy when the stadium has events. The amount of work is unfair for the day and night shift. The kitchen does not have a lot of support from the Chef. Lacking of management in hospitality.
Don’t work there
Substitute Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ16 September 2019
At first it was a really great experience. But afterwards, I started to feel like this place wasn’t meant for me and the chef (not executive) is mean. Don’t get me wrong, he was the way he was in order to help and push you to get where you want to be. But afterwards I started to feel very uncomfortable around him.
The position overall was stressful, since it’s normally two people working inside the kitchen.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Stressful
great work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vail, CO22 August 2019
Amazing chefs great food fun fast paced work great support staff got there around ten am cooked for the staff than would start prepping for the next day and start cooking for that evening events
great place to work
Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Dubai18 August 2019
one of the best place to work. this the place where i had learnt a lot regarding everything which helped me to grow my life and still i do. management is amazing who always stand for you like a pillar.
it is always said that a good boss can make your life along with the company, for that this is place where you i found everything.
there are many more ....its a endless path.

thanks
Pros
provides free lunch, dinner and breakfast.
Cons
let me learn
learning enviornment
Chef De Partie (Bakery & Pastry) (Current Employee) –  SA18 June 2019
this property is so nice. the management is so powerful adn listen us every single time. and learning enviornment cool place for work . timing for work exceed some times. overall excellent
Very learning experience with a great team
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi30 March 2019
I used to work for 9-10 hours a day starting with 6A.M breakfast shift and managing the whole restaurant. I have done evening hot snacks also. The management was quite supportive and encouraging and pushing you towards learning new things and promoting professionally and personal knowlegde also.
Its a very nice place to work!
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Dubai Healthcare City6 March 2019
They give every opportunity to their employees to grow and prepare for their future as much as possible. They always offer training sessions every month to ensure that the employees are updated to current trends.
Pros
Free accomodation, food, and transportation.
Cons
Long hours but you have to expect it.
Line Cook/Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 January 2019
I have not work there Since 2011.
When I worked there fast paced it was good to move around to different station. Management was not Fair at Time,
A Lot Of Top Chef Left and went back where they came from they Taught me How to Bake Fresh Products like Cakes, Tart Different Salad. One Location I Loved was Working at the Sear Tower for Mayer Brown on the 32 floor We Had a Lot of Fun.
Write your review Review Summary*
chef de parte (Former Employee) –  egypt6 November 2018
grand hyatt Cairo its the best company i work with best team
good management
good staff
good salary
good training
work with hyatt company its amazing hotel
it is a beautiful brand to work with.
Demi chef de partie (Former Employee) –  muscat5 November 2018
it is a pleasure to be a part of this brand..i am having an experience of more than 8 years .currently i am working in muscat hyatt as a demi chef de partie in a fine dining Italian restaurant.
Pros
beautiful brand to work with
Cons
nothing!
I was the line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA14 October 2018
I work the morning shift 7am to 3pm ,first thing I do is to setup the line for lunch and cook for the guest and then, at lunch time I work the sauté station ,grille the broiler and the salad station I like staying busy.
It was a experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH2 October 2018
stressful was the typical day, I learned a little more than I knew, Not to much as far as culture, administrative stress were the hardest part of the job, very fast paced a times, a lot of parties. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking for the guest of the hotel. Some of the managers were very kind and professional and others weren't.
Pros
free meals
Cons
A lot of stress
Great Company
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 September 2018
Really top notch Company. Great benefits and the culture is perfect. Only reason for leaving was relocation. The franchised Hyatts have different benefits.

54.2K