Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Line Cook

- when you start your duty with a good guys and you found all of the material and tools available you will be able to do all your best .- the most enjoyable part of the job when our hotel gets awarded the best between all of hotels .
Pros
Annual celebrations, picnics, breaks, multiple activities, and various meals in different cultures
Cons
When materials or manpower are not available at peak times
tengo esperencia en decoraciones de frutas carnes frias y en quesos ensaladas en sopas carnes pescado y tambien en pastas aplendi mucho en cosinar y preparar para banquetes
Pros
caiser
Cons
por la organisacion del la union local 2 de sf
Work- life balance is terrible. Most of the time it was understaffed. The management only realises your value after you have given your resignation .
Pros
Loads of work so can learn alot.
Cons
Long hours, low paying
Be ready to work for more than 12 Hours. It will help develop your skills. Company has excellent values but its not followed. Integrity is absent in managers. Brand value is the only good thing that's there.
Pros
accomodation, complimentary stay with other hyatt properties subject to availability, staff discounts.
Cons
Long Hours of work, No mentorship program.
I will highly recommend this place to work. They care for their employees, friendly co-workers. Organize and have good management good leadership. Have a laundry service for employees. Nice cafeteria cleaned dressing room for employees. Love working there.
Pros
Love to go back to work there!
Cons
Long hours and too many kids!
I am happy and satisfied to work with Hyatt. I have learn so many things and gain knowledge from here. Very nice place to work with colleagues. Great pleasure to work with hyatt family.
I love this job. I will tell anybody who is looking for a place to work that is looking for work in a fast food place to work here. They're great people to work with and they teach you a lot.
Hyatt is a good company, with very good beneficts for the employee. The care about the staff in developing their career in the company. As well as life and working balance.
A nice place to learn and maximize your skills in the kitchen. Very accommodating workmates and supervisors. very helpful, always there to teach and give you something to do.
Im a cook and i love my job. surrounding myself by people who are as passionate for the art of cooking is my goal. ive been able to find those people in Hyatt.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Expect to come into a hostile environment from those above that judge your job performance not only skill, merit, punctuality, experience or team work, but on the amount of staff members you greet with a big smile in a single day. You must be smiling at all times like a robotic fool with no feelings and be warned, they will fire you for no cause or reason and unexpectedly. Stay away.
such a good place to work and the accommodation also very good can say excellent if you join you will not go to a another hotel a good place to learn
at Hyatt you are free, a mean you free to grow, learn as much as you want, help each other. Mostly what i liked is, is learning methods, training. at Hyatt i'm improving my culinary and personal skills.
overall the hyatt is a good company to work for all they have to do is bump up the pay and help people advance their career management internally is tearing the company apart
Its a nice working place and people are nice also and sadly i was just working there as an intern basically just for 1 year but i had a lot of experience there and I learned new things as being a chef.
It was a great place to work. But for a growing family person. Weekends and holidays 9-10 times you will be working. The job security was okay there was always work to be done.
Its a great place to work with good environment and have chance to groom and grow yourself at every moment and manegment of hyatt family is just excellent.
Only complaint is I found it difficult to balance job and life. When you are full time you get 12 free Hyatt nights a year. Great fringe benefit. Good benefits and salary.
Really busy when the stadium has events. The amount of work is unfair for the day and night shift. The kitchen does not have a lot of support from the Chef. Lacking of management in hospitality.
At first it was a really great experience. But afterwards, I started to feel like this place wasn’t meant for me and the chef (not executive) is mean. Don’t get me wrong, he was the way he was in order to help and push you to get where you want to be. But afterwards I started to feel very uncomfortable around him. The position overall was stressful, since it’s normally two people working inside the kitchen.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Stressful
Amazing chefs great food fun fast paced work great support staff got there around ten am cooked for the staff than would start prepping for the next day and start cooking for that evening events