Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Receptionist82 reviews
Loved working at this property! A lot of people have been there for years (adopted into Hyatt from Peabody when the hotel was bought). You can fell almost everyone loves their job and loves to be there.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Could pay a bit more
Hourly employees protested and walked out of properties in housekeeping. Job duties of housekeeping placed on front desk associates. No career path given after working for extended period of time cover for different departments. Associates make minimum wage pay for a lot of work. Entry Level Managers paid base after years of experience and asked to do additional work.
Pros
Location of Property for Guests
Cons
No Job Security and Room for Advancement
This company is great! The people care about you, everyone wants to know you, everyone is friendly! The pay is great! I mean everything about this company makes you feel very comfortable!
Here is a place you can call home. The team work is by far the best. I wouldn't trade this place for nothing this is what you call home to others. They are the true family of a hotel. The Hyatt is one of the best places I've ever worked at. Great atmosphere, friendly staff and management, the growth and promotion opportunities are unbelievable. I would highly recommend working at Hyatt!
Racist and verbally abusive manager.
Do not ever recommend anyone working here, had very high hopes for this place. Manager also stopped scheduling people to work and gave the employees no explanation, they weren’t even told if they were fired.
I enjoyed the job is was very easy to learn. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Made the job go very smoothly. I would recommend this job its a great job to work for
Good Atmosphere and their task place culture and employers sering to the customers is like a home guest. and the most enjoyable part of time is when its occasion season.......
Working with Park Hyatt is always fun. every day is a new day for me as I was meeting a number of different people every day. The management was very supportive. Workplace culture was very easy going but the hardest part of the job to tackle with guest complains but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job is to meet guests with different cultures and places, help them with their queries.
NICE PEOPLE, GOOD WORKING environment. Park hyatt is a great place to work.you can learn many things, and everyone there is friendly. i learned many useful skills when i work there.
if you are from the hood this is your place to work, if you are friends with anna you will get what you want, not by what you know of your work ethic. assistance Mannager dont know nothing about hospitality. GM dont know why he is there, they fire half of people, now the hotel is in the worst conditions then before. PLEASE DONT WORKS HERE.
I loved my co workers but the practices of the mother company Northwest X Southern Hospitality was terrible. Very low pay, minimum health and dental benefits, lack of interest in communication with employees. My immediate management was amazing though.
I really love working with Hyatt because of the positive work environment and also the benefits you will get when you work real hard. You’ll learn lots of things and know people in different industry and in different culture.
Pros
Free meals, etc
I worked in a friendly and energetic department with fun coworkers. My managers worked to make it a teamwork environment with lots of perks. The Hyatt is large and therefore must function like a business, but lots of benefits involved.
This job is very competitive. You must bring your best to the table at all times. Must be able to work under pressure and deal with anything that comes your way
Productive fun workplace, meet lots of different people. Because it is an extend stay hotel you can network with weekly recurring guest...Lot of fun activity, contest ans awards for employees to perpetrate in
Pros
management Likes to reward employees
Cons
Pay
Working in hospitality industry can be quite fun and enjoyable. More free time because of the shift working hour. Colleagues are great in Hyatt but turnover also hight
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low basic salary, low bonus
The best part about my job as a gallery host is that I am constantly learning a lot from my different cheerful and fun loving guests as well as wonderful colleagues
five stars for this company
workload could be anything and everything literally.

management really cared for their staff.

the hardest part of this job was climbing the ladder.

the most enjoyable part was meeting stars and famous people.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
tight uniform
Before a shift starts daily , the duty manager normally gathers everyone on duty for a short briefing. Successful communication, teamwork and good relation of the personnel in each department is what makes the hotel keep it's good business .Each department has a vital role to make the service memorable and excellent for every guest and encourage them for a return visit . For me, one of the most challenging part when I was working in a hotel was handling guest complaints. In some cases , I felt guest would just make up some stories in order to avail complimentary services. Well, I believe all kinds of jobs have their own hassles. Above all, the experience was interesting. I met different nationality, I experienced different behaviors of people when they're freaking mad or pleased. I learned a lot from encountering people with different languages, attitudes and culture. Overall, it was a fun and a very significant experience for me .
Pros
Free meals and transport when your shift finishes at midnight
Cons
you have to stay back when needed
This is a family run amazing place to work. All employees are super friendly and very giving. The Hyatts are very caring and compassionate towards their workers.
I absolutely loved my time at the Hyatt House. Staff and managers were all precessional. Everyone took their jobs very seriously, despite being underpaid. The managers there are my favorite people on God's green earth.
Pros
Amazing managers, discounted room rates, professional environment
Cons
low pay, work can be degrading at times
4.5K