Hyatt Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Found 80 reviews matching the search See all 8,790 reviews
Could do better
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX16 January 2020
Racist and verbally abusive manager.
Do not ever recommend anyone working here, had very high hopes for this place. Manager also stopped scheduling people to work and gave the employees no explanation, they weren’t even told if they were fired.
Good work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  hyatt8 November 2019
Good Atmosphere and their task place culture and employers sering to the customers is like a home guest. and the most enjoyable part of time is when its occasion season.......
professional and customer interaction
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 October 2019
Working with Park Hyatt is always fun. every day is a new day for me as I was meeting a number of different people every day. The management was very supportive. Workplace culture was very easy going but the hardest part of the job to tackle with guest complains but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job is to meet guests with different cultures and places, help them with their queries.
Nice people, good working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  三亚市3 October 2019
NICE PEOPLE, GOOD WORKING environment. Park hyatt is a great place to work.you can learn many things, and everyone there is friendly. i learned many useful skills when i work there.
worst place ever
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN2 August 2019
if you are from the hood this is your place to work, if you are friends with anna you will get what you want, not by what you know of your work ethic. assistance Mannager dont know nothing about hospitality. GM dont know why he is there, they fire half of people, now the hotel is in the worst conditions then before. PLEASE DONT WORKS HERE.
Great Staff
Front Desk Agent/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK29 July 2019
I loved my co workers but the practices of the mother company Northwest X Southern Hospitality was terrible. Very low pay, minimum health and dental benefits, lack of interest in communication with employees. My immediate management was amazing though.
Productive and positive work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hyatt Regency Savannah26 June 2019
I really love working with Hyatt because of the positive work environment and also the benefits you will get when you work real hard. You’ll learn lots of things and know people in different industry and in different culture.
Pros
Free meals, etc
Great management fun environment
Spa Reception Concierge (Former Employee) –  Nevada15 June 2019
I worked in a friendly and energetic department with fun coworkers. My managers worked to make it a teamwork environment with lots of perks. The Hyatt is large and therefore must function like a business, but lots of benefits involved.
Competitive
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ21 May 2019
This job is very competitive. You must bring your best to the table at all times. Must be able to work under pressure and deal with anything that comes your way
Productive fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL11 April 2019
Productive fun workplace, meet lots of different people. Because it is an extend stay hotel you can network with weekly recurring guest...Lot of fun activity, contest ans awards for employees to perpetrate in
Pros
management Likes to reward employees
Cons
Pay
Fun for the young ones
Front Desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kota Kinabalu10 April 2019
Working in hospitality industry can be quite fun and enjoyable. More free time because of the shift working hour. Colleagues are great in Hyatt but turnover also hight
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low basic salary, low bonus
Fun and cheerful environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Drayton28 March 2019
The best part about my job as a gallery host is that I am constantly learning a lot from my different cheerful and fun loving guests as well as wonderful colleagues
brilliant company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 March 2019
five stars for this company
workload could be anything and everything literally.
management really cared for their staff.
the hardest part of this job was climbing the ladder.
the most enjoyable part was meeting stars and famous people.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
tight uniform
It was fun and worth the stress
Receptionist Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur15 March 2019
Before a shift starts daily , the duty manager normally gathers everyone on duty for a short briefing. Successful communication, teamwork and good relation of the personnel in each department is what makes the hotel keep it's good business .Each department has a vital role to make the service memorable and excellent for every guest and encourage them for a return visit . For me, one of the most challenging part when I was working in a hotel was handling guest complaints. In some cases , I felt guest would just make up some stories in order to avail complimentary services. Well, I believe all kinds of jobs have their own hassles. Above all, the experience was interesting. I met different nationality, I experienced different behaviors of people when they're freaking mad or pleased. I learned a lot from encountering people with different languages, attitudes and culture. Overall, it was a fun and a very significant experience for me .
Pros
Free meals and transport when your shift finishes at midnight
Cons
you have to stay back when needed
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Catawba, SC1 March 2019
This is a family run amazing place to work. All employees are super friendly and very giving. The Hyatts are very caring and compassionate towards their workers.
I love the Hyatt House
Front Desk Receptionist/ Houseman (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK11 February 2019
I absolutely loved my time at the Hyatt House. Staff and managers were all precessional. Everyone took their jobs very seriously, despite being underpaid. The managers there are my favorite people on God's green earth.
Pros
Amazing managers, discounted room rates, professional environment
Cons
low pay, work can be degrading at times
No real and true advancement and poor management
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL4 February 2019
Management gave two people whom they hired for no more than 6 months leadership positions before me. Nobody seemed to really care about how I felt only to have at least $100 to my name after paying bills then coming to work to do everything (Bar, Starbucks, Kitchen! keep front desk tidy and sometimes even housekeeping duties). Management spoke about guest and applicants very terribly. No real motivation and encouragement. Sometimes you feel like you are a slave and have no choice but to leave. Do not apply here if you are looking to advance later on for lead position, they might hire someone long after you and offer it to them. Other hotel properties pay their workers more with less duties.
Fun workplace, helpful coworkers, and enjoyable work atmosphere.
Part Time Job, receptionist (Former Employee) –  Préfecture de Casablanca9 January 2019
During my part time Job at Hyatt Regency as a rercepiosnist i learnt how to excel at managing my time and the tasks giving to me, and to provide a perfect customer service to satisfy the guests.
Needs Assistance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 December 2018
The management company cannot actually be considered a management company. Expectations were never discussed for the employees, just expected. A lot of shady business with vendors and contractors which is also why the project took considerably long to open and was unsuccessful. The owner overall needs more hotel experience prior to attempt to open a well known branded hotel such as Hyatt
big international company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dubai12 December 2018
high turnover of the employees
low salaries