Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

Work-life balanceUsually they make you work hard doing checks out in no enough time. The job was not confortableOverallI liked that job but l considered that the job must to be more flexible. They always want workers to make a lot of job in not suficiente time. That’s way the job became to hard
Management is the problem. They also base their scheduling and job duties based off “seniority” so basically if you’re new don’t expect fairness. They have their favorites.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Work/home life, Management
The Hyatt Corporation philosophy, policy and practices are ethical, everything is equally set with the colleagues (all employees) and customers' wellbeing in mind. This is the reason Hyatt Regency Vancouver endured an excellent reputation for so long. Unfortunately, the middle management and Human Resources Dept. became tributary to the union bosses who got more and more power practising a mob mentality. This happened when HRV became a franchise. HR is in the comfort zone allowing nepotism, discrimination, intimidation. The real, ethical leaders don't stay long here and find a better place as soon as possible. Very hard for good employees who have no choice but to carry on with the work overload with respect for themselves and in order to get enough hours.
Pros
Interaction with people from all parts of the globe, working and making friends with some of the best, hard working immigrant people.
Cons
Union veterans immigrants who brought their unethical practices with them, work overload for some, easy tasks and protection for the union bosses favorites.
This place has Union so they really help to make it a better place to work. Most employees are satisfied and love their job. I’ve been here for several years and most employees are been also working for years. You see people with 40+ years of experience. Amazing place.
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
Parking
Miss the pay , this company takes care of their employees while during the Covid 19 outbreak they gave monies to their employees who needed help. Great staff in my department.
Pros
Pay, location, free breakfast, employee store
Cons
Pay for lunch
Pay unfairHours were terribleManager was terribleNo room for advancementHiring process took too longNo bonuses, no raisesAlways short staffedJust a horrible place to work
I didn't like working there. Very cliquish, very few knew the English language (written or verbal). The engineering department was very nice. Hard work, lousy pay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
expensive medical insurance.
Not worth the stress and the money is no where near the headache so if you could find something better go there do not waste your time or energy!!!!!!
Cons
Hyatt has the opportunity of growing in the company. The workplace culture is diverse, co-workers from different parts of the world. The hardest part of the job is we work against the clock. Lastly, one disadvantage is that we work holidays and weekends.
It was wonderfull experience for me to working with such a beautiful environment & team. All staff members were very coorporative & helpful during my whole job. However, hyatt policies are wonderful & positive factor to work with Hyatt.
It was my first company to work with after internship and had good experience in hotel industry. Seniors there were too helpfull to guide you for best possible way
Free food to all employees. From breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. And the managers are kinds and also the other staffs. If you're having trouble about your work or if you're stress you can talk to your managers and give you advices.
Not good. Management doesn't care about the staff only when its beneficial to covering them or making them look good. This place is chaotic and not really room for growth
Hyatt Regency is corporate driven. They gear more towards the guests and employees are second thought. A lot of "pointing the finger" with job duties no ownership in responsibilities.
The staff and the team were so friendly and helping each other. And the supervisor is a good and humble person and treat the staff equally. Through all my experiences in Hyatt Place everything is time and it keeps myself busy and motivated.
Here is a place you can call home. The team work is by far the best. I wouldn't trade this place for nothing this is what you call home to others. They are the true family of a hotel.
Everything at hyatt is verry coorporative & well experienced staff. Good fun activities & friendly environment to work with hyatt. Helpfull & enjoyfull staff.
Pros
Policies, friendly environment, helpfull staff
Cons
Salary
Very poorly ran , no structure and constant turn over , staff not held accountable basically the majority of the staff work when they feel like it and new people get worked harder with poor training
Ok let me start off by saying this place is not a good place for employment if you are looking for employment this is not the right one. Management very unprofessional his breath would smell like he had been drinking before coming to work very unprofessional. Bad communication skills with employees and in training they constantly have someone over your back telling you what to do like your dum and don’t know how to clean a room. Supervisors were very malicious and cut throat always gossiping while on the clock. Very bad place I would not recommend this place manager was telling me to shut up very rudely and supervisors were going back gossiping very bad place to work don’t even bother they have good benefits that’s it but it’s not worth it this place is beyond ghetto and they need new management the supervisors don’t do nothing besides sit on their behind while watching you clean 20 rooms a day and then they criticize you on every room even if it’s done right
I have learned and gained the several knowledge whereby I can see myself growing as well as I can also suggest them what I knows.sometimes work goes stressful but I used to manage it by seeking assist or suggest what if we can change that with this,and this with that so on....
It they had more organized skill and more of a people person attitude and skills it would be great. As it stands right now they dont have the correct ratio of management and employment it would be a great place to work with very fun and out going