Hyatt
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Sales Coordinator

Working for Hyatt was great, my sales team and GM were amazing and we got along so well. They were super flexible if I needed to leave early or come in late. We were allowed to eat off the breakfast buffet once it closed and the sales office was super motivated to hitting goals. My only con was I felt I wasn't getting compensated enough to survive. Great company to work for to get your foot in the door, work hard, and move up with locations all over the world.
This position offers an interesting insight into the back office dynamics of the hotel. The customer service focus is on negotiation rather than appeasement. This is also a role in which the individual is trusted to manage themselves.
I've been working for Hyatt/concord for years, I loved every minute of it, management and the employees are all a big happy family. I look forward to working with some of them in the future again.
great work-life balance hard-working managers learned how to get a great leader learned a lot through my sales director I respect all my co-workers and it's been a good environment
Honestly, this has been the best company I have ever worked for. I have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself. There are clubs / networking events for LGBT, women, people of color, elders, etc.
The staff works well together. There are a lot of meetings to make sure everyone is on the same page. A lot of times you need to take your work home with you.
I loved working they, great people to work for and with. I would absolutely work for them again. Great Management, great environment can't beat 5 day work weeks
Pros
Discounted rooms, fun environment
Cons
Low pay
Great atmosphere and coworkers! Hyatt definitely takes the time to seek quality candidates who truly care about their position. Many employees have been there for many years.
The worst place I have ever worked. HIGH turnover and management does not care. IF and WHEN you are lucky to receive a raise, it will be in pennies, not dollar amounts.
You get great training leading into the position. You then get additional training for the more advanced responsibilities. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Decent opportunity to changing roles and doing a job off the phones due to internal jobs opening.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
It is why the best places in the world to work with. They considered the employees first, even the guest and employer will fall in second and third respectively.
Pros
Free lunch breakfast and dinner
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
The Hyatt provided their staff with generous pay and benefits. Management was always on site for any guest concerns or employee questions. Staff always took care of each other, it felt like family.
Very much enjoyed the hospitality industry. And wanted to continue future career in same industry. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the networks, (CBS, NBC, ABC), and being able to meet entertainers via phone and in person during Network Affiliate Conferences.
Pros
Something new and different every day.
Cons
Took a while to reach financial goal.
O trabalhador e a sua família ao centro das preocupações. Médico na empresa. Refeições de boa qualidade
It may be the hospitality industry, but I personally found the way of working and managing people really poor in the particular property I worked at. There was a lot of rigidness when it came to culture. It wasn't for me
I've worked with Hyatt for over 10 years and it is a great company to work for. I preferred the full service industry more than the select service as people seem to enjoy the company culture more in full service.
All employees work together to insure we provide the best service to our guest. We strive to have a fun, team working, environment. Gallery host go out of their way with multiple task to insure every guest feels at home. Management jumps in to help when needed. Hyatt provides plenty of resources to succeed in your position.
As a hotel was one of the first international hotel in the city , t had a great trainers to teach everyone how to operate the hotel. -creating BEO's in Delphi, translating menus to different languages, setting appointments with clients -how to run the systems -Management was very tough -you were allowed to act within one frame, new ideas were't welcome -getting know lots of new people, no extra working hours required
Pros
free lunch
Front desk agents at Hyatt Places do a lot. It gives a lot of experience and the shifts go buy fast on busy days. Be ready to work front desk, serve breakfast, bar tend and wash dishes.
Pros
Experience with multiple job descriptions.
Cons
On your feet all day. Alot of problem solving.
Tons of Office Work. Very busy weeks. Also very stressful position. Not your typical job in hospitality. You need to maintain a high level of orgaization
The job an be fulfilling but the pressure to meet sales targets and the consequences of not doing so feels like a stressful pressure cooker-like atmosphere. Most people work 2-3 years in Sales & Events without a promotion. They over-emphasize the quality and treatment of their guests but fail to extend the same to their staff behind the scenes.