Hyatt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer92 reviews
Good
We care our people they can be they best Park Hyatt Hyderabad is one of the most luxurious 5 star hotels in Hyderabad. With opulent architecture and unparalleled service, it’s not a stay but a journey that unfolds into rare and intimate experiences. Enjoy stunning art in the hotel, sumptuous suites, a lavish spa, gourmet restaurants, and more.
Horrible HR department crystal elijah mafia union square
Mafia based hotel Hr department protects its union workers over security department. Employee food was horrible pork and chicken everyday. Graveyard engineer luis claimed to be a gangmenber
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Great place to work with a lot of work in every department.
There is a lot of work at this place. Its very busy. Management struggles to keep up with scheduling and oversight while the workers struggle to keep up!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Scheduling is a problem with long work weeks w/o days off.
Hyatt Regency
Patrol all areas of the property and assist guests with room access. Monitor security feeds and conduct daily physical hazard inspections. Respond to accidents and assist guest/employees during emergency situations. Defuse guest disturbances and escort individuals from the property, if necessary.
Can be fun depending on who is working that day.
Hyatt is a pretty good company with benefits, including discounted or free lodging in other Hyatt’s. Pay is just average and most employees in the Southern California area have to work second jobs to make it. Pay could be much better. Big variances between line staff and managers.
Hyatt Regency security department was very hostile
During my time working for the Hyatt Regency in downtown Austin Texas I was able to help customers and guests throughout the hotel on a daily basis while providing a safe environment. I was the youngest one of my coworkers in my department, and was sometimes treated with disrespect and lack of communication which encouraged me to seek another job.
Pros
Gained experience and knowledge in the field
Cons
Untrained and lack of communication from managers
Quick advancment or none at all
If you fall into the right click then you can advance quick; but if not it does not matter what work you do, your skills, work ethic, or intelligence you will not have a chance for advancement.
Friendly people to work with.
Every for the most part is outgoing and friendly. They are always willing to give you a smile and a big hello. The managers are friendly and call you by name and ask how you are doing.
Great place to work and thrive.
I was hired on the spot and started that week. I felt very welcomed and involved on site. The coworkers felt like they really cared about everyone, including the customer. This was a business hotel that was very busy during the season.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Full time was hard to get some times during the year
Every day brought something different
I got to meet a lot of interesting people, both guests and coworkers. I learned what working for a corporate business was like. I held my position for 8 years in security and for 1 year in in-room dining. I learned how to get along with coworkers and managers and to have good customer service skills. I learned how to do CPR and computer skills. The hardest part of the job was when we had to relocate employee parking, it took a lot of standing and directing traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits that we received.
Pros
lunches were only $1.00
Na
Working with the people here is absolutely amazing, they're always up beat and nice and the environment is always welcoming. I worked through picore International for this company
Stressfull workplace
It was stressfull, management was poor, a lot of shadiness behind your back, they dont care about you, everyone acts nice but as soon as you make a mistake you’re done
Pros
Non
Cons
A lot
If you need work
This is a job just if you need work you won’t be able to get a promotion no matter what your education background is they will try to keep you in the same position into you complain about it and then they will promise you something and you still won’t get a promotion The pay is horrible and ours are horrible
Pros
Free lunch free uniforms free laundry
Cons
Pay short breaks
pros and cons
Very great company just need more management. Then he a manager. Will stay on top of the staff but keep an eye on their work detail. could pay more money.
Not fully productive and lazy management
Needs work and better supervision with more training to better their skills for employee's. Theres plenty too say but, not enough space to explain about the product and activity done in the work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not an 8 hour sleep between shifts, people that slack and good employee get in trouble.
The Hyatt is a nice place to work but lacks some benefits
The Hyatt was a beautiful property to work and was an awesome experience for me. The management was good and so were the employees. The downside was their was no room to advance in the job and pay raises did not come very easily.
Pros
Great environment and wonderful staff
Cons
Not many benefits and odd schedules
Good Job
I liked working at Hyatt, although it is easy to outgrow. Good management to work under and you can learn a lot if you're just getting into the security field, but there is a lot of drama between the employees.
Pros
You're your own boss, you can choose what you do all night.
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity
Can be a fun environment to work in at times.
Service industry environment, everyday is different and challenging. Working with interns from other countries is a plus as you learn about other cultures and languages.
Pros
Fun co-workers, different weekly events
Cons
Low pay, Bad management
5 star hotel with resources to hold large scale events that provided a fun work environment.
The hotel provided a amiable and clean environment for their guests and employees however, provided low salaries for security team members and customer service was a high priority.
Pros
scheduling
Great place to work.
I had a great time working at the Hyatt Regency of Wichita. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The hardest part was kicking out all the homeless people and the non guests that came in along with evicting certain guests based on excessive noise or smoking and whatnot.
Pros
Free Meals and friendly coworkers.
Cons
You have to deal with unpleasant situations occasionally.
Productive and Fun. A good place to grow.
High pace work. Experienced with multi cultural guest. Management is awesome. Workplace is very productive and you will learn a lot more about guest services. You will enjoy working at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
Pros
Free Meals
4.4K