Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Found 89 reviews matching the search See all 8,949 reviews
Can be fun depending on who is working that day.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA16 January 2020
Hyatt is a pretty good company with benefits, including discounted or free lodging in other Hyatt’s. Pay is just average and most employees in the Southern California area have to work second jobs to make it. Pay could be much better. Big variances between line staff and managers.
Hyatt Regency security department was very hostile
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX25 September 2019
During my time working for the Hyatt Regency in downtown Austin Texas I was able to help customers and guests throughout the hotel on a daily basis while providing a safe environment. I was the youngest one of my coworkers in my department, and was sometimes treated with disrespect and lack of communication which encouraged me to seek another job.
Pros
Gained experience and knowledge in the field
Cons
Untrained and lack of communication from managers
Quick advancment or none at all
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CA7 September 2019
If you fall into the right click then you can advance quick; but if not it does not matter what work you do, your skills, work ethic, or intelligence you will not have a chance for advancement.
Friendly people to work with.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX7 August 2019
Every for the most part is outgoing and friendly. They are always willing to give you a smile and a big hello. The managers are friendly and call you by name and ask how you are doing.
Great place to work and thrive.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 May 2019
I was hired on the spot and started that week. I felt very welcomed and involved on site. The coworkers felt like they really cared about everyone, including the customer. This was a business hotel that was very busy during the season.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Full time was hard to get some times during the year
Every day brought something different
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TX3 March 2019
I got to meet a lot of interesting people, both guests and coworkers. I learned what working for a corporate business was like. I held my position for 8 years in security and for 1 year in in-room dining. I learned how to get along with coworkers and managers and to have good customer service skills. I learned how to do CPR and computer skills. The hardest part of the job was when we had to relocate employee parking, it took a lot of standing and directing traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits that we received.
Pros
lunches were only $1.00
Na
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CA30 November 2018
Working with the people here is absolutely amazing, they're always up beat and nice and the environment is always welcoming. I worked through picore International for this company
Stressfull workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 3313127 October 2018
It was stressfull, management was poor, a lot of shadiness behind your back, they dont care about you, everyone acts nice but as soon as you make a mistake you’re done
Pros
Non
Cons
A lot
If you need work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TX1 October 2018
This is a job just if you need work you won’t be able to get a promotion no matter what your education background is they will try to keep you in the same position into you complain about it and then they will promise you something and you still won’t get a promotion The pay is horrible and ours are horrible
Pros
Free lunch free uniforms free laundry
Cons
Pay short breaks
pros and cons
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA15 August 2018
Very great company just need more management. Then he a manager. Will stay on top of the staff but keep an eye on their work detail. could pay more money.
Not fully productive and lazy management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX9 August 2018
Needs work and better supervision with more training to better their skills for employee's. Theres plenty too say but, not enough space to explain about the product and activity done in the work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not an 8 hour sleep between shifts, people that slack and good employee get in trouble.
The Hyatt is a nice place to work but lacks some benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TX5 August 2018
The Hyatt was a beautiful property to work and was an awesome experience for me. The management was good and so were the employees. The downside was their was no room to advance in the job and pay raises did not come very easily.
Pros
Great environment and wonderful staff
Cons
Not many benefits and odd schedules
Good Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC27 July 2018
I liked working at Hyatt, although it is easy to outgrow. Good management to work under and you can learn a lot if you're just getting into the security field, but there is a lot of drama between the employees.
Pros
You're your own boss, you can choose what you do all night.
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity
Can be a fun environment to work in at times.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA17 July 2018
Service industry environment, everyday is different and challenging. Working with interns from other countries is a plus as you learn about other cultures and languages.
Pros
Fun co-workers, different weekly events
Cons
Low pay, Bad management
5 star hotel with resources to hold large scale events that provided a fun work environment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI9 July 2018
The hotel provided a amiable and clean environment for their guests and employees however, provided low salaries for security team members and customer service was a high priority.
Pros
scheduling
Great place to work.
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS3 July 2018
I had a great time working at the Hyatt Regency of Wichita. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The hardest part was kicking out all the homeless people and the non guests that came in along with evicting certain guests based on excessive noise or smoking and whatnot.
Pros
Free Meals and friendly coworkers.
Cons
You have to deal with unpleasant situations occasionally.
Productive and Fun. A good place to grow.
Hotel Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL29 June 2018
High pace work. Experienced with multi cultural guest. Management is awesome. Workplace is very productive and you will learn a lot more about guest services. You will enjoy working at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare.
Pros
Free Meals
Nice property
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD25 June 2018
I was working on the overnight I was in charged to take guests calls , secured emergencies doors and patrol guests floors also watching CCTV and fire system.
good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA 9284020 May 2018
they have great discounts and incentives for working with them such as staying at ofther hyatt hotels either for free or at a discounted price great experince company has allot of good work ethics
Diverse work environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL17 May 2018
Diverse work environment. Not one day is the same (in a good way). There is flexible work hours and room for growth. Most days are pretty busy. Overall not a bad place to work.

54.3K