Hyatt
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Server Assistant

The Hyatt is a great place to be. I love the team work me and my co-workers have and the management. The only thing i would change is how it gets slow business during the winter and thats why im looking for a temporary job.
I came into the interview very nervous, but the two who interviewed me made me feel more comfortable. The staff always welcomes you when you come in and says goodbye when you leave. The managers are understanding of the balance between home and work life so they give you time off when it is needed. They also provide us with a free meal every shift so that is very nice.
i work at hyatt regency orlando great team I learned a lot about banquets and receptions breakfasts and lunches always bussy it was a pleasure working for marriot
A typical day at the Hyatt's firewheel for servers assistants would be to come in around either 6:00am or 4:00pm then to set up for the days customers and begin assisting servers set and help tables.
Not a good place to work! The mangers are just as rude as the customers, i’m always nice and that job was just not the one for me. It made me know that i never wanna run a restaurant
Great environment of work. Best part of working there is seeing guest smile when they receive their food. I learned a lot during my time there about japanese food and asian cuisines.
Met many people gained alot of experience here in banquets food running bussing there are so many job paths to learn here so far great experience at work place
A typical day at work, busy in the morning until at night. I learned to work efficiently and do multitasking. The managers and employees are supportive.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Inadequate
I’m one time at work. Respect people and good team workers. Province guilty service, eye contacts really to serve. Turning around if the guest need something to be serve. Introducing my self into the guests pure water ,after eating clean table resets for the nest guests.
I don't know about the other hyatts. But the one in rochester is horrible. They wont fix things within a reasonable time no matter how busy it is supposed to be unless a customer complains about it. The turnover rate is scary, I've seen more people leave within two weeks than last six months. Management is a joke. And we NEVER seem to have everything we NEED to do our jobs. And yetbthey find a way to blame it on the minimum wage workers. That place sucks.
Pros
Food is only free if its in the cafeteria, if you try to have some before it goes down, or if they are throwing it away, then You get in trouble because they want you to pay for that, With the exception of after a banquet event, You can make a plate of leftovers
Cons
Management is so incredibly contradictory, There are no vents in the kitchen, so it is 91 degrees if we are busy, The kitchen is way too small to handle a restaurant, a bar and over 200 rooms, Our service elevators barely work, and we cannot seem to keep a steady order of things we use everyday, like cloths and sanitary napkins for silverware, and salt and pepper shakers and ketchup and togo cups.
Hyatt is a fun place to work at. The employees are always interacting with the guests and customers and they offer free lunch for all employees and part time employees.
First of all Management style really poor and that's The biggest down fall for me they promote a autocratic management style which don't go Well with a lot of people shift hours and time stresses you out it's just a matter of making you money and going home to which shouldn't be, should be more comfortable in a work place more happy less stressful
Pros
Pay isn't bad, they take care of food, uniform, got some benefits, as well health dental visual insurance
Cons
Poor management really poor, shift and hours isn't good for family life
I lucked out with this job, wonderful and caring staff (like a family), caring understanding respectful management (at the time), early mornings, fantastic company to work for and great benefits, very corporate. Learned that almost all other places will not treat you as great as this place did. this company takes care of you the best they can.
Pros
management, benefits, location, hours, high volume
Cons
no breaks, high volume
The company does not take care of employees very well, they eliminated the traditional Christmas events for family, they do not compensate for night shift differential, they mostly hire part time or seasonal employees to avoid the grant of benefits. A family man cannot stay with the amount of salary provided and the amount of time taken away from your family.
Pros
it is a beautiful place
Cons
does not pay night shift differential, no longer respects employee rights
Great place to work, with many different jobs to choose from within. You meet so many different people in a day. Really awesome people to work with and you are part of a team.
Typical day at work start off with checking all the outlets making sure that staff is ready to open meaning they have everything set up in the store or outlet.Conducting pre shift to the staff before opening and letting them know whats going on in the house/hotel,whats the occupancy and who are the groups vips or guest in the house.I learned so much from from my staff and daily work routine on how to manage time and create smooth workflow and produce quality service to our guest.Hardest part is when were not prepare so thats why i always remind myself and my staff to be alert and work beyond your ability so long as its work related and will benefit the workplace success.The most enjoyable part is when you see people walk out of the restaurant with a smile and a good feedback for the service that we provided especially when you see your name in the review and receives A POSITIVE FEEDBACK.
Pros
free lunch and discounts for associates if you like to order food in the outlets
Cons
nothing
At a usual day at work, one should be: Well- mannered and behaved around the guests Has to have a great eye for details The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see the guests smile when they get their food in time.
Loved working here so much and the perks are pretty awesome!!! The management at Huntington Beach is finely tuned and other co-workers are usually pleasant and ready to work.
Pros
free food for all employees
Cons
rough hours if starting from the bottom
it was pretty ok . not too much hard work easy to learn good hours avg management good benefits learning experience well tread good location nice people to work with
I love working here because they really take care of their employees and they give good benefits and the job was properly manage and everybody working as a team.
Hyatt is good places towork managementare verygood ihave been working for many years the most enjoyable part every one frankly parson management never give hart time workers
Pros
Cons
30Brack