Hyatt Employee Reviews for Server Assistant

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 8,761 reviews
Job Experience
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CA21 October 2019
Met many people gained alot of experience here in banquets food running bussing there are so many job paths to learn here so far great experience at work place
Fast paced and family-like environment
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 1460424 July 2019
A typical day at work, busy in the morning until at night. I learned to work efficiently and do multitasking. The managers and employees are supportive.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Inadequate
Take care the guest very well.
assistant Server (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO17 July 2019
I’m one time at work. Respect people and good team workers. Province guilty service, eye contacts really to serve. Turning around if the guest need something to be serve. Introducing my self into the guests pure water ,after eating clean table resets for the nest guests.
The rochester hyatt
Server assisstant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY29 June 2019
I don't know about the other hyatts. But the one in rochester is horrible. They wont fix things within a reasonable time no matter how busy it is supposed to be unless a customer complains about it. The turnover rate is scary, I've seen more people leave within two weeks than last six months. Management is a joke. And we NEVER seem to have everything we NEED to do our jobs. And yetbthey find a way to blame it on the minimum wage workers. That place sucks.
Pros
Food is only free if its in the cafeteria, if you try to have some before it goes down, or if they are throwing it away, then You get in trouble because they want you to pay for that, With the exception of after a banquet event, You can make a plate of leftovers
Cons
Management is so incredibly contradictory, There are no vents in the kitchen, so it is 91 degrees if we are busy, The kitchen is way too small to handle a restaurant, a bar and over 200 rooms, Our service elevators barely work, and we cannot seem to keep a steady order of things we use everyday, like cloths and sanitary napkins for silverware, and salt and pepper shakers and ketchup and togo cups.
Hospitality at it's finest
Greeter & Server Assistance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ12 June 2019
Hyatt is a fun place to work at. The employees are always interacting with the guests and customers and they offer free lunch for all employees and part time employees.
It all depends on you as a person what you stand for
Assistant sever (Current Employee) –  Port of Spain18 May 2019
First of all Management style really poor and that's
The biggest down fall for me they promote a autocratic management style which don't go
Well with a lot of people shift hours and time stresses you out it's just a matter of making you money and going home to which shouldn't be, should be more comfortable in a work place more happy less stressful
Pros
Pay isn't bad, they take care of food, uniform, got some benefits, as well health dental visual insurance
Cons
Poor management really poor, shift and hours isn't good for family life
Love this place
Server Assistant/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA16 March 2019
I lucked out with this job, wonderful and caring staff (like a family), caring understanding respectful management (at the time), early mornings, fantastic company to work for and great benefits, very corporate. Learned that almost all other places will not treat you as great as this place did. this company takes care of you the best they can.
Pros
management, benefits, location, hours, high volume
Cons
no breaks, high volume
Work at Hyatt
Greeter/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX21 December 2018
The company does not take care of employees very well, they eliminated the traditional Christmas events for family, they do not compensate for night shift differential, they mostly hire part time or seasonal employees to avoid the grant of benefits. A family man cannot stay with the amount of salary provided and the amount of time taken away from your family.
Pros
it is a beautiful place
Cons
does not pay night shift differential, no longer respects employee rights
Great place to work.
O'h American Grill Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL21 December 2018
Great place to work, with many different jobs to choose from within. You meet so many different people in a day. Really awesome people to work with and you are part of a team.
Excellent workplace wherein you have take away in everyday shift.Innovative good atmosphere and Challenging work yet a fun place to work with
Server, Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH7 November 2018
Typical day at work start off with checking all the outlets making sure that staff is ready to open meaning they have everything set up in the store or outlet.Conducting pre shift to the staff before opening and letting them know whats going on in the house/hotel,whats the occupancy and who are the groups vips or guest in the house.I learned so much from from my staff and daily work routine on how to manage time and create smooth workflow and produce quality service to our guest.Hardest part is when were not prepare so thats why i always remind myself and my staff to be alert and work beyond your ability so long as its work related and will benefit the workplace success.The most enjoyable part is when you see people walk out of the restaurant with a smile and a good feedback for the service that we provided especially when you see your name in the review and receives A POSITIVE FEEDBACK.
Pros
free lunch and discounts for associates if you like to order food in the outlets
Cons
nothing
Calm place to work at; Fun co-workers
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FL30 September 2018
At a usual day at work, one should be:

Well- mannered and behaved around the guests

Has to have a great eye for details

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see the guests smile when they get their food in time.
Fun and awesome clientel
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CA26 September 2018
Loved working here so much and the perks are pretty awesome!!! The management at Huntington Beach is finely tuned and other co-workers are usually pleasant and ready to work.
Pros
free food for all employees
Cons
rough hours if starting from the bottom
good job
Sever Assistant/Buffet Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC24 January 2018
it was pretty ok . not too much hard work easy to learn good hours avg management good benefits learning experience well tread good location nice people to work with
Very good work environment and management
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 January 2018
I love working here because they really take care of their employees and they give good benefits and the job was properly manage and everybody working as a team.
Room service
Part Time Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 100178 October 2017
Hyatt is good places towork managementare verygood ihave been working for many years the most enjoyable part every one frankly parson management never give hart time workers
Pros
Cons
30Brack
Loved working here
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX2 October 2017
Still my favorite job to this day, Loved the people and the work environment and hitting overtime was easy always enough hours to go around during the summer and made pretty good tips
Great at first, miserable at the end
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TX25 August 2017
Hyatt was a great place for me to work at initially but what it really came down to was that every manager that comes into the F&B department stays for about a year and then switches restaurant, department or even relocates to another Hyatt due job advancement and such.
Huge workplace, with many different people to learn from
Servers Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 August 2017
A typical day at work would be coming in and first greeting our associate concierge. The hotel is so huge, the employees have their own concierge. Everyone is very friendly as you walk down the halls to go clock in, everyone says hi and bye. I would say that acknowledging your colleagues and being kind is part of the Hyatt culture. From working at such a big hotel I learned a lot about taking initiative, there is not always going to be someone right next to you guiding or telling you what to do, so I learned how to take things into my own hands when need be. That can also be seen as the hardest part of the job as well, being with so many people, if you really do need help or important information from a manager then it can sometimes get hard to quickly/ effectively get what you need. I do enjoy all the new people I meet everyday as far as my colleagues and guests, and all the things I learn, everyday is something new.
Pros
Benefits, Experience, Meeting new people
Cons
Parking, meal cost
amazing
A-List Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 July 2017
Truly enjoyed my time here! I would not recommend a better place, incredibly friendly environment. Amazing staff amazing clients and amazing memories.
Beautiful place, great benefits, terrible management.
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CA20 January 2017
Don't get me wrong, the benefits that come with working for Hyatt are almost enough to keep you going, but when you factor in the transition of 3 GM's within a year and lack of management's ears to hear employee needs to do their job efficiently was enough for me to start hating my job and losing interest in this workplace.

54.2K