Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 8,794 reviews
Do not work here.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  1000 Riverchase Galleria5 December 2019
When I started at the Hyatt regency Birmingham, the management staff made me think that this job would be the best job/career of my life. Understandably they have to sell me the job to make me think that but, I received no training. My manager quit 3 months after I was hired and I still received no training. This job was not family/kid friendly. The job basically made it seem like your family was not a priority. The pay was not enough to live on unless your worked over 40 hours a week and even then it wasn’t enough. Management talked to you with so much disrespect it’s like they were not in the hospitality business. The front desk hardly knew what they were doing and telling guest incorrect information. I would never recommend the Hyatt even if it was the last job on earth.
Zero work/life balance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA15 July 2019
Awful place to work. You receive your weekly schedule 2 days -sometimes only 1 day- before the beginning of the work week, so it's impossible to make plans. To transfer to another department, your direct managers must approve it, so if you are in a job that is particularly hard to fill, forget it, they'll never approve it.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
New Services on Hotel Services and Teaching to other employees
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Baku, AZ22 May 2019
I learned a lot on Hotel's Food & Beverage News and Trends, Spend a lot analyzing customers' needs on services. Well trained on making different kind of foods.
Great company to work for
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI21 February 2019
Working at hyatt can be stressful some times, it's especially stressful when the department is short staffed, but once fully staffed it's a pretty awesome place to work for. Great benefits, paid vacations, free hyatt stays. The employees also make you feel like family. Can't let one bad apple ruin your experience there.
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacations
Empresa em evolução
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP10 January 2019
Trabalhei nesta empresa há muitos anos, antigamente era uma empresa em criação e desenvolvimento e com isso houve muitas falhas de gestão empresarial e organizacional.
Hoje, deve ser uma excelente empresa para se trabalhar pois oferece muitas oportunidades aos interessados
Very stressful and unorganized
Supervisor/ inspector stand in manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown saint paul6 January 2019
Very misleading the housekeeping department went through 4 managers in one year always short staffed and very dishonest with no compassion for staff .
Pros
Cons
Very dishonest
professional and fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJ3 October 2018
Hyatt hotels corporation is an American multinational hospitality company that manages and franchises luxury hotels, resorts, and vacation properties all over the globe.
Pros
free family meal and discounted employee hyatt rooms all over the world.
Cons
long hours due to the high volume of the customers
very rewarding
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL26 September 2018
Hotel mgt is a very exciting field. You meet wonderful people employees and customers The hardest part of the job is making sure your employees are trained properly.
Hyatt
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO6 April 2018
Good interactions with other employees and most of management. Some management seems to make it a point to not interact with employees. Overall a good place to work with great benefits.
Pros
free meals, excellent benefits
Cons
lack of information
Very good place to start your career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free Zone2 April 2018
Hyatt is a very good place to work specially when you are new in the industry. You will learn a lot and the will help you to enhance your knowledge.
It's just I am working here for so long and no growth for me.
Pros
Free accommodation, free transportation and food
One of the most beautifull places to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PR18 November 2017
Great experience, amazing place to work and very good opportunity to grow. learn how to manage my time. How to service politely. This job help me better my English. I enjoyed everything I did there.
Fast paced and rewarding place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS10 November 2017
This is an exciting company to work for! Great career growth for strong dedicated individuals. Supervisory and management position with possible relocation.
My school
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai9 August 2017
In my opinion when I hear a company like Hyatt, I smile and I say it's my school, cause I learned a lot from it and I grown up there, I got my promotion there , it's a big company .
Pros
Good knowledge and big experience
Cons
Well, I can't say anything bad about it
excellent place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Makkah, Saudi Arabia8 May 2017
∙ Supervised a team of 10 staff in the management of guest services
∙ Ensured a seamless guest experience for the duration of their stay
∙ Addressed customer concerns in a friendly and professional manner to resolve the issue
Fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY24 April 2017
Bartending UK games, weddings, concerts, etc. a fun working environment. For the most part, the staff is professional. Not very many opportunities to grow and advance in Lexington, KY.
Must love working in hotels
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX10 April 2017
Great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities. Hours can cut into personal life but can be balanced out by the pay. Management rotates leaving you with a good chance you will have a different floor manager throughout the year
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Fun and challenging
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doha state of qatar9 October 2016
It's an amaizing company that gives chances for people growth and movements if required.
I personally I have learned and still learning alot.
It gives opportunity to each and every person.
It's a multicultural company.
Pros
Transportation, accomodatoin, medication and free meals.
ambiente flessibile
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milano, Lombardia25 July 2016
ottima catena che permettere di crescere, possibilita di imaparare in piu ambiti e aspetti della ristorazione.
Room for Advancement. Wal Mart Wages
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI15 June 2015
Will work around your school/life schedule. Willing to let individuals grow and move around in the company. Must have another job to work here. Wages are just not competitive. Guests make this a rewarding job.
Pros
$1 lunches.
Cons
Wages
Productive and efficient to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tumon, GU13 April 2015
I check the day plan to ensure which work is priority and how many manpower is needed. After checking the day plan i will discuss it with the team leaders about the work for the day. I monitor them to ensure the we can be able to finish our schedule of work within a time frame. If there is a free time I am the one who does the drawing and quotation for the customers.
With the Management, our boss is very supportive to us and even personally congratulates us when we accomplished something.
With my co-workers, they are all friendly and helpful and even respect their colleagues.
The hardest part of my job is when we are lack of manpower and the customer wants to finished it with a short span of time, that is where i have to decide what is the best thing to do.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we accomplished our work and the customers are very satisfied with the result.

54.2K