IBM Employee Review

Great company for women due to internal quotas

7 October 2018
Overall good company which heavily depends on the area and the office. Lots of working from home. Women are very lucky at IBM due to internal quota systems. Women with very little aptitude, skills or ability are far more likely to get promoted to team lead or management roles than men, in order to satisfy internal quotas with a number of departments (accounting, pricing, HR, GTS) now almost entirely consisting of women and managed exclusively by female management. Good work life balance especially for team leaders or managers who are women - no requirement to come to the office too often, encouraged to bring kids to school before 9 am and 10 am, collect from school between 2pm and 4pm. => effectively 4 hours work per day for 8 hours pay. Company pays 11 months maternity which is very good and prevents discrimination. There are women career development and support groups with attendance encouraged during work hours. And finally no discrimination policy with women often paid more than men.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Women friendly policies
Cons
Dated though newly refurbished offices, often inept management
13 November 2020
Order picker and packer (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
I loved it here. I loved the different cultures I worked with and I just in general loved the overall company environment. I got along with everyone and found my manager very easy to talk to and learn from.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours but worth the pay check.
28 June 2020
Incident Manager (Former Employee) - Dublin
Management is great , its a great workplace to work at. You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
18 June 2020
Global Risk and Compliance Officer (Team Lead) (Former Employee) - Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15
Really enjoyable place to work with great career opportunities available to progress your career. Great place to meet people as the Service Desk included people from many Countries and Cultures. I was responsible for over 475 accounts covering EMEA ,Benelux. DACH. UKI. India and Malaysia ensuring each account was Compliant to IBM/GDPR requirements and assisting where necessary account owners on how to carry out correct procedures to ensure correct practices were followed in line with these requirements. Quite often this included updates to current Contracts, also for transfers outside of EU required completion of Model Clause Agreement (EU MCA) which is a requirement of the EU. Sine the introduction of GDPR in may 2018 a new document (Data Privacy Addendum) DPA is required displaying all the agreed Sub Processors of Data and my role also included checking to make sure such was in place and taking the necessary action to ensure same was completed if required.
Pros
Work from home available
Cons
Cannot think of anything
  1. Great company for women due to internal quotas