IBM Employee Review

IBM was a great place to work.

14 August 2019
IBM was a great place to work. I met great people there. I worked in different roles including the Systems Administration of the tester platforms in the Microelectronics Division. Platforms include Unix,Linux,DB2 VMS, OS2, DOS and IBM specific tester platforms. I also worked as support engineer on IBM cloud and on Prem applications such Digital Experience and Order Management.
4.0Job security/advancement
6 February 2019
Same roleSame location
ECM Software Support engineer, customer support (Former Employee) - Dublin IBM Campus
In general its a great place to start your career with a good salary. I was given an intermediate training just to know how things work in general. I with lucky to work with the best team in the campus, great job culture and friendly environment. Could always count on my colleges when needed.
Pros
Nice place, games room and great atmosphere.
Cons
Senior members like to delegate
28 June 2020
Same location
Incident Manager (Former Employee) - Dublin
Management is great , its a great workplace to work at. You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
18 June 2020
Same location
Global Risk and Compliance Officer (Team Lead) (Former Employee) - Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15
Really enjoyable place to work with great career opportunities available to progress your career. Great place to meet people as the Service Desk included people from many Countries and Cultures. I was responsible for over 475 accounts covering EMEA ,Benelux. DACH. UKI. India and Malaysia ensuring each account was Compliant to IBM/GDPR requirements and assisting where necessary account owners on how to carry out correct procedures to ensure correct practices were followed in line with these requirements. Quite often this included updates to current Contracts, also for transfers outside of EU required completion of Model Clause Agreement (EU MCA) which is a requirement of the EU. Sine the introduction of GDPR in may 2018 a new document (Data Privacy Addendum) DPA is required displaying all the agreed Sub Processors of Data and my role also included checking to make sure such was in place and taking the necessary action to ensure same was completed if required.
Pros
Work from home available
Cons
Cannot think of anything