IBM Employee Review

Three month work experience

5 March 2019
The typical day in IBM was fast-paced and demanding, I was in charge of delivering post to the 6 buildings on the campus. I brought in the post at around 8.45am and sorted it out to distribute to the different buildings. I learned and observed how people in the 'real' working world operate as it was my first time working in a large MNC. My manager was very helpful and gave me the required training in order to carry out my daily tasks. The workplace culture was generally relaxed, but there was the underlying hard-work ethic among the staff. The hardest part of the job was the time management aspect of having to manage what order I did which jobs, for example, I would have to decide and manage whether to deliver post or ensure if the confidential waste bins should be shredded or if printers were needed to be topped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with different office workers who worked in different departments which showed me what to expect when I start working for such a company in the future.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
overtime pay, games room, extensive canteen
28 June 2020
Incident Manager (Former Employee) - Dublin
Management is great , its a great workplace to work at. You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
18 June 2020
Same location
Global Risk and Compliance Officer (Team Lead) (Former Employee) - Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15
Really enjoyable place to work with great career opportunities available to progress your career. Great place to meet people as the Service Desk included people from many Countries and Cultures. I was responsible for over 475 accounts covering EMEA ,Benelux. DACH. UKI. India and Malaysia ensuring each account was Compliant to IBM/GDPR requirements and assisting where necessary account owners on how to carry out correct procedures to ensure correct practices were followed in line with these requirements. Quite often this included updates to current Contracts, also for transfers outside of EU required completion of Model Clause Agreement (EU MCA) which is a requirement of the EU. Sine the introduction of GDPR in may 2018 a new document (Data Privacy Addendum) DPA is required displaying all the agreed Sub Processors of Data and my role also included checking to make sure such was in place and taking the necessary action to ensure same was completed if required.
Pros
Work from home available
Cons
Cannot think of anything
18 May 2020
Business Operations (Former Employee) - Dublin
Good place to work. They have recently revamped career progression and you can now enrolling in a selection of courses for a particular role which has been long overdue in IBM.
Pros
Good people work there.
Cons
Competitive atmosphere needs to go and become a colabortive team atmosphere.