Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

You’re seeing reviews in Jersey City, NJ based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Jersey City, NJ15 reviews
This position allowed me to be an independent thinker. This is not a cookie cutter company. Advancement and remote work opportunities are there for the "go getters".
I was contracted to IBM from original company. Half of IT were hired full time and other half as contractors. The push is on money not quality. Estimates for projects are generally below what is needed to keep costs down. This results in unpaid overtime to meet estimates. No matter how good you are, well-liked by clients (who even send emails to managers) and co-workers, if budgets are cut contractors are let go first (furloughed). As a contractor you are not given any opportunities to learn newer tech/processes. What you're hired to do is it - nothing more.
Professional work environment and flexible work hours.
Easy to communicate with peers. Great with knowledge transfers. Been with IBM for 10 years now.
A place of opportunity for chosen individuals. I am working as a contractor so i honestly can't have a solid or valid opinion of IBM. I did however, enjoy working here.
When I started working in IBM, back in 1999, I felt privileged and honored. After 18 years, I watched the company diminished its values on the employees and started treating them like numbers. I became complacent after the 6th year working at IBM. I was passed over for team lead positions, several times and moved around in different accounts involuntary. My last two years became a nightmare because I had an incompetent manager who simply micromanaged the team provoking them to quit. My overall feeling for the company is basically bittersweet.
IBM is good place to work and learnt a lot,carrer growth will be good for hardworking people and encourages talent,collaboration and friendly atmosphere..
learnt new technologies, got a chance to work with the most talented people. I have been managing a team of 7 members this is the great exposure for me
I learn the knowledge of the skills which i have experienced and new skills which are advanced version .And given better option for the work skill balanced of the specified task
I worked days and nights for IBM and there can be days with steady down time and with actual work being balanced into the mix. Management was not on site everyday, but when they are, it doesn't feel like they wanted to truly bond with their employees. As if, when they let you go, they won't feel any sort of remorse. Working nights was a difficult transition and did not come with any bonus of pay for me being forced into that role. I was not happy about it, but I continued to do my job until my contract was up.
We were also transitioning our workload overseas to India, where I engaged in training the staff on that end as well. The enjoyable parts of the job, I guess were the hectic and stressful times, because it provided a challenge outside of the normal day to day events. My biggest takeaway from this job is learning about how big business corporations work and how the management/employee relationship works.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
The job is being outsourced to oversees with the people with very little knowledge.
Management not involve with the day to day activities. Most of them work remotely.
A typical day at work is get the batch stream completed from the night shift and make sure all outstanding issue are address in a timely manner, and provide world class services to our client. Management was offsite and only deal with when issues arises. Work as a team and help mentor other associates. My hardest part of my job were get the tools to work such as cloud and GNM. I love my job because i get to solve issues and make clients satisfied.
Pros
30mins lunch, but usually have lunch at workstation due to only two person.
Cons
No breaks
We are located at the client site, therefore interaction with other IBMers is limited to those we directly collaborate with when dealing with issues
Interesting organization afforded me the opportunity to work with many technology platforms.
Pros
technology
Cons
consultant "no benefits"
A great place to work with an excellent staff and enviroment.
Project Management and Customer Service.
Friendly co-workers.

Easy to commute to and from.
Pros
easy commute