IBM Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 114 reviews matching the search See all 27,664 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
HR employee (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 October 2019
A typical day at IBM, at my role, can range from a quiet start with the tasks aligned to enable us to provide the expected support to a fast paced, last minute engagement and dead line which enriches the routine and outcome ahead.
Therefore, engagement with the Hiring Managers and staff is of paramount importance and this makes every step enjoyable as we unite to get things done and overcome any obstacle.
Productive, customer focused
IT Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 October 2019
Hard working culture with a strong focus on client satisfaction while also ensuring that there is a reasonable return for the shareholder. Good opportunities to work on multiple clients in different industries. Work Life balance can be a challenge on bid activity or coming up to quarter ends depending on the specifics of the role.
Ideal workplace to start your career
Global Asset Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 September 2019
Great variety of jobs to be exposed to. Perhaps processes could be simplified.
The Digital Sales organization is a great place to work - friendly multicultural environment
Service center
Service desk technical agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2019
Worked for Manpower at IBM, the work was simple and straight forward. The working conditions where average and no real benefits. Colleagues where nice enough
Excellent company to work for.Salary was good.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2019
The hours are great as I was allowed do shift work with helped me combine work and home life.
Salary was on par and above in some areas
I would go back one day.
IBM was a great place to work.
Portal and Forms Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  IBM Campus, Damastown, Dublin 1714 August 2019
IBM was a great place to work. I met great people there. I worked in different roles including the Systems Administration of the tester platforms in the Microelectronics Division. Platforms include Unix,Linux,DB2 VMS, OS2, DOS and IBM specific tester platforms. I also worked as support engineer on IBM cloud and on Prem applications such Digital Experience and Order Management.
roligt arbetsplats
Java Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 August 2019
roligt arbetsplats, can tell you more in one interview
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 July 2019
Excellent work life balance, good pay and benefits, great colleagues. Loads of learning resources available fo all employees. A good place to start your career.
Compañerismo
Embalaje y recolección de pedidos (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2019
Estuve agusto, aprendí inglés, jefes de equipo cercanos, horario rotatorio, horas extras muy bien pagadas
Very enjoyable environment
Linux Engineer / System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 July 2019
Great place to work. Good manager. Great deal of autonomy as well as open to new ideas that I put forward. My team was especially agreeable. A mixture of nationalities all with thier own personalities and skills.
Proffesional workplace with lots of opportunities to learn
Marketing and digital sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 July 2019
I worked in IBM Digital Sales center in Dublin . They have very promising innovations and a bunch of very talented employees, however the complexity of the business model sometimes makes it hard to leverage these benefits.

Some part of the workforce is very reluctant to change which slow down innovation and improvement in proccesses. Hard to get hold of the right focal person to solve specific issues, and some employees are quite reluctant to help.

Regardless in my time in IBM Dublin I gained some highly valuable experiences and skills and were able to attend training for any business component or skills of my chosing. Overall a very valuable experience for my career.

Digital sales is (for better or worse) very seperated from the rest of the campus, with les benefits in terms of WFH and workers benefits. However they have a great environment in terms of a good employee program where you can volunteer to get involved in different project.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, good employee program
Cons
No extra benefits (not even free coffee), very complex business model, Management disagreements slow down innovation and processes
ORDER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 June 2019
I was hired to the bench but was told there was a client for me. Straight off they were expecting me to find my own client when I'd just got the job. The job search portal and being reduced from a strong niche consultant to a 'maybe support at best' was extremely disheartening and my team dissolved within a month of my hire.

On the positive side, they were extremely good at dealing with my disability. Good people work here, I was just in an unlucky position I think. They are a good enough company that I would consider working there again if we can sort through why things didn't work out.
IBM = I've Been Moved (a lot)
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2019
Four or five distinct roles in different businesses over two decadea - all.with continuity of employment. IBM has been the job for life my teachers at school told me back in the 90s didn't exist anymore.
Piles of training and other learning experiences, some great mentors and managers. Lots of customer facing with big enterprises that generally respect IBM. I have travelled once or twice a year overseas. The corporation paid over 20k in my college fees over the years.
Great international workforce in IBM Ireland. Some really super people.
The corporation is serious about being ethical and trustworthy.
Really there are many positives. I am very glad I joined and stayed.
Downsides are the bureaucracy of decision making and policies. IBMers value compliance over many other things- innovation, risk taking etc.
Second downside is the flat career progression. Two decades with a single promotion is my story and is not unusual. Getting an MBA, taking on a manager role and continuous strong annual ratings left me with zero extra. Also, the bonuses are zero to 2%.
But that is the trade off I accepted for very steady employment.
Pros
Big with many opportunities, training & education, interesting clients
Cons
Bureaucracy, no promotions
IBM Review
Extreme Blue Internship (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 April 2019
A typical day involved day to day operations of 2 projects and coming up with business strategies.

Co ordination and team work where a necessity

It was a multicultural work environment where everyone helped each other.

The hardest part was to allign two projects which I was part of to take the same pace at development
Pros
Dynaic environment
Cons
technical work
Three month work experience
Postman (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland5 March 2019
The typical day in IBM was fast-paced and demanding, I was in charge of delivering post to the 6 buildings on the campus. I brought in the post at around 8.45am and sorted it out to distribute to the different buildings. I learned and observed how people in the 'real' working world operate as it was my first time working in a large MNC. My manager was very helpful and gave me the required training in order to carry out my daily tasks. The workplace culture was generally relaxed, but there was the underlying hard-work ethic among the staff. The hardest part of the job was the time management aspect of having to manage what order I did which jobs, for example, I would have to decide and manage whether to deliver post or ensure if the confidential waste bins should be shredded or if printers were needed to be topped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with different office workers who worked in different departments which showed me what to expect when I start working for such a company in the future.
Pros
overtime pay, games room, extensive canteen
Software Support Enginner
ECM Software Support engineer, customer support (Former Employee) –  Dublin IBM Campus6 February 2019
In general its a great place to start your career with a good salary.
I was given an intermediate training just to know how things work in general. I with lucky to work with the best team in the campus, great job culture and friendly environment. Could always count on my colleges when needed.
Pros
Nice place, games room and great atmosphere.
Cons
Senior members like to delegate
Daily Career Goals
Unix Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2019
Reliable, open-minded, self-confident and highly motivated IT environment. I pride myself on my logical and thorough approach to problem solving. Multi-site, multi-cultural organization. Ambition is to enhance my skills and experience within a stimulating and progressive IT focused organisation.
Pros
Openminded co-workers
Ibm
PE (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2019
Ik heb bij IBM een enorm dynamische tijd mogen hebben waarbij ik mijn IT scope behoorlijk heb kunnen verbreden, ook op internationaal niveau.
Pros
Internationaal elan
Cons
Heel politiek bewogen bedrijf
Great place to work and present your talent on desired paltform.
Technical Sales & Renewals Mgr UKI (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland6 December 2018
Great place to work and present your talent on the desired platform.IBM cannot be compared with any organization as far as i have worked in my career.
Fun workplace
Finance & Planning Analyst Dec 2004- Dec 2011 (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 November 2018
Fun workplace, diversity, retsaraunt, great fun, time of my life, miss it very waking moment, cry myself to sleep thinking about it, oh I wish |I was back there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.3K