IBM Employee Reviews for Programmer Analyst

this was 13 years ago - IBM will be a different company, it had great projects and very ordinary projects - the best were some of the best work times I have experienced
This is a great company to work for. They are the best in the industry in what they do. The work is challenging and rewarding too. Really no downsides.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work hours
lots of learning for fresher or experience my experience is very good . Clint interaction to very good and they communicate are softly and supportive.
It is unlikely that you will always be working on something that you like or that is completely within your wheelhouse, however, in my experience, they tried to find tasks that I was suited for. The rating on work-life balance was more about what I was willing to put in that it was a requirement from IBM, but the work culture can be fast-paced at times and there is the possibility to be moved around occasionally. Overall I have worked for IBM twice, I respect the company since it was a key player in starting many of the technologies the internet depends on. For people who know the history of computing IBM had a role in too many things to count. They also own RedHat, had and Softlayer which were also revolutionary companies each in their own right. The computer industry as a whole has benefitted from IBM's contributions over the years which just can't be dismissed.
this job is a good job for beginner it teaches the corporate environment, you will have a mentor that will help you understand what happens in the setup and all the steps
Great place to work, both people and environment Strong Team culture You can always find someone to help with problem resolution. Ongoing education provided
Pros
Good people
Great company to work The most innovative company in the world Lots of training available Career path is excellent Great working environment, work from home Well diverse population Very professional environment
Pros
work from home
Cons
I was contracted to IBM from original company. Half of IT were hired full time and other half as contractors. The push is on money not quality. Estimates for projects are generally below what is needed to keep costs down. This results in unpaid overtime to meet estimates. No matter how good you are, well-liked by clients (who even send emails to managers) and co-workers, if budgets are cut contractors are let go first (furloughed). As a contractor you are not given any opportunities to learn newer tech/processes. What you're hired to do is it - nothing more.
Very good exposure to ISO 9000 process; the group manager was very supportive of my work. The application was released successfully to the end-users (commercial banks).
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Red tape occasionally delayed the process cycle
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Big organisation. So experience can differ based on team where you are working. But in general flexible workplace with opportunity to work with great team. Lot of focus going on in new areas like Design Thinking, User Experience, Blockchain, Cognitive, Automation etc.
This was a great experience to learn and grow in the IBM methodology. I have use the foundations and software principles at all of my future companies and jobs.
Flexible work culture. Good work life balance. Excellent training on team dynamics and professional ethics. Great if one can get good mentors to help professionally grow.
Work environment is good. Project planning is done well by the managers. Work assignment is also good. Team members are friendly and even top level managers treatment is good.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Less pay
Was a average contract. The rates were good. The work was interesting. The team was good. But they are very budget oriented. So renewals are limited.
Pros
Good rates
Cons
Short contracts
Fun at Work and good work life balance. i learned a lot from this place. good client interaction and quality deliverable's. working from home policy most of the time
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Long work ours
This company is one of the banks most big in peru, they are in very good selection process, is in great work atmosphere and is very concerned to disseminate the culture of the company
I was placed at a client-site by IBM to support the client and every time we had to do overtime, we weren't paid for it because of our salary level (even though other employees in the same salary range at other companies got paid for overtime). We still had to claim the overtime so that the client would pay the overtime to IBM but we (the employees) wouldn't see a dime of it.
Pros
Very technologically advanced, looks good on a resume, good brand, big name, well-recognized around the world
Cons
Work/life balance, very cheap company, shady pratices
I have 5.8 years of experience in the Information Technology. Currently working in IBM India Pvt. Ltd and worked with a Leading IT Solutions provider (Cognizant Technology Solutions), have been in Analysis, Design, Development, Coordination and Testing at Offshore. Experienced in development, design & mentoring team on web portals developments based on Struts using Eclipse. Experience in Core Java, Servlets, JSP, Struts and JDB Sun Certified Java Professional. Sun Certified Web Component Developer. Basic knowledge on ORM product of Hibernate. Experience in complete Software Engineering Life Cycle - Requirements Gathering through Testing and maintenance. Have been involved in Quality Assurance and Software Configuration activities. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Conducted technical & domain related training for members inducted to the team.
Was a contractor for PHI. Company treated employees and contractors very good. Flexible work hours, excellent pay, benefits, vacation, etc. Friendly staff. Group worked well together. Really enjoyed my job. Company went from Mainframe to SAP.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
IBM is totally process oriented company. Glad to work here and understand how stuff works. Best co-worked I ever had , Very Friendly in nature and Supportive.
IBM India is a huge organisation and to be considered for promotion, one has to be really proactive in terms of not only delivering quality work but also nurturing meaningful associations within the company.