IBM Employee Reviews for Senior Database Administrator

Attending Technical Meetings on a daily basics. Monitoring and Administering DB2 databases on all platform.
Always more active on every single task, support issues, user concerns and always result oriented and customer driven, faster resolution, alteast provide workaround or mitigate the risk. Always worried about RTO/RPO requirement objectives to meet.
1. A typical day at work: During critical situation handle the project 2. Learned from IBM technically and management wise. 3. Workplace is very nice.
Compensation is below industry standards Work life balance is fine Personal development is extremely poor especially for experienced professionals NA NA NA NA NA
It is a good place to learn a lot of things and get a good experience on various technologies. Benefits and salary and appraisals are not that much good. Advice to management Being a wellness organization the company needs to focus more on the wellness of it's own employees.
Productive and Fun workplace at IBM... I was working as a Oracle DBA in support kind of a role... I provided support on RAC, Dataguard, RMAN, Performance tuning...
Bad management doesn't allow you to promote and people are not happy. they dont wanna work so even if you wanna do something sometimes you have to wait too much because of the procedures
if you're a contractor, don't expect a job offer. I have worked for IBM for several years as a contractor and they keep telling me next year I may get hired as a permanent employee. Tired of getting strung along...looking for a new opportunity.
Nice place to work. Balance between work and family Great experience, and challenging projects. Very helpful culture with respect to growth like it and welling to go back
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Good Company but still needs improvement. Needs more manpower for all the project being handled by the Company. Be prepared to spend a lot of working hours but not much compensation specially if your position does not provide overtime pay.
Work life balance, Management, HR, WFH, etc., everything based on the project that you work on. Work Culture is good. Shift timings are concern. overall good...
I was very happy in the team and working very had , got very tremendous opportunities to expose my technical skills and begging of my ITIL skills . I recommend ibm for beginners .
IBM is a superb company to work for. There is a reason IBM Company has thrived since the year 1911 when it was founded. I joined IBM as Senior Oracle Database Administrator in the year 2010.
The biggest mistake managers are changed every six month, which it makes difficult to get a fair evaluation and salary increase are impossible to get.
Cons
Healthcare, Education, Job Security, Bad Evaluation Process
The IBM consulting business model is structured so that IBMers who work as consultants in some positions may work from home which is very nice, no commute.
The company was wonderful to work for and provided me many opportunities both with furthering my knowledge in my craft and career advancement. This i believe is an attribute to their success.
Great workplace culture with emphasis on productive work. Great benefits but fully occupied work days. Pretty flexible work schedule and no limit to get additional help whenever needed. Support learning opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, free lunches and all day snacks/soft drinks
Cons
Physically present in the office everyday
Great Place to work ...Great place to grow... Work place is very diverse and people from different countries work together as one team. Service provided by IBM is great.
Productive and good place to work for , in all aspects. Had a good experience of a very big organization's workflow. Had various tools to learn new things.
Given the amount of data and processes that we manage, IBM is a great place to learn new skills and improve on existing skills. Do not, however, expect the normal salary growth you are accustomed to receive from other companies.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
So so salary and benefits
As per my experience , It depends on the people you work with here as it is a huge company . I was not happy with project from work life balance point of view. No increment even if you have good ratings.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long working hours and lack of respect to technical resources.
  1. Senior Database Administrator