IBM Management reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 28,665 reviews
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 December 2019
Numbers numbers numbers, dont care about employees no trust you need to be in the click and have blue blood in your body to progress up the line, and if you put family first your finished
Productive, fun, highly hierarchical
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 November 2019
You will learn a lot about the corporate culture and how other IT companies basically copy and pasting them but IBM still remain a high investor-driven organization losing his value internally.
Stressful
Disputes Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  IE6 November 2019
Very stressfull
IBM has more of a focus on meetings to discuss projects as opposed to discussing employee challanges

A regimental management regime.
I would not advise joining
IBM was a great place to work.
Portal and Forms Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  IBM Campus, Damastown, Dublin 1714 August 2019
IBM was a great place to work. I met great people there. I worked in different roles including the Systems Administration of the tester platforms in the Microelectronics Division. Platforms include Unix,Linux,DB2 VMS, OS2, DOS and IBM specific tester platforms. I also worked as support engineer on IBM cloud and on Prem applications such Digital Experience and Order Management.
Good place lots of benefits awfull enviroment
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  IBM Ballycoolin - Blanchardstown8 August 2019
The training was good, the colleagues where nice people
but the facility was the worst, the computer were old like 2000 or older,
the AC was in the floor

day at work was helping out customers with IT related issues.
learned how it is to have a real job
culture was good
hardest part of the job was hearing people and what they said because of the bad sound of bad headsets.
most enjoyable parts of people I worked with.
Proffesional workplace with lots of opportunities to learn
Marketing and digital sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 July 2019
I worked in IBM Digital Sales center in Dublin . They have very promising innovations and a bunch of very talented employees, however the complexity of the business model sometimes makes it hard to leverage these benefits.

Some part of the workforce is very reluctant to change which slow down innovation and improvement in proccesses. Hard to get hold of the right focal person to solve specific issues, and some employees are quite reluctant to help.

Regardless in my time in IBM Dublin I gained some highly valuable experiences and skills and were able to attend training for any business component or skills of my chosing. Overall a very valuable experience for my career.

Digital sales is (for better or worse) very seperated from the rest of the campus, with les benefits in terms of WFH and workers benefits. However they have a great environment in terms of a good employee program where you can volunteer to get involved in different project.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, good employee program
Cons
No extra benefits (not even free coffee), very complex business model, Management disagreements slow down innovation and processes
Three month work experience
Postman (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland5 March 2019
The typical day in IBM was fast-paced and demanding, I was in charge of delivering post to the 6 buildings on the campus. I brought in the post at around 8.45am and sorted it out to distribute to the different buildings. I learned and observed how people in the 'real' working world operate as it was my first time working in a large MNC. My manager was very helpful and gave me the required training in order to carry out my daily tasks. The workplace culture was generally relaxed, but there was the underlying hard-work ethic among the staff. The hardest part of the job was the time management aspect of having to manage what order I did which jobs, for example, I would have to decide and manage whether to deliver post or ensure if the confidential waste bins should be shredded or if printers were needed to be topped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with different office workers who worked in different departments which showed me what to expect when I start working for such a company in the future.
Pros
overtime pay, games room, extensive canteen
Good to work in IBM
Watson Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Damastown, County Dublin3 December 2018
Release time is the critical day at work
I learned so many new technologies in IBM
very good management they care about your problems
Work place is very friendly and so good work culture
There is no hardest part as of now for me
Pros
Flexible Good salary Good learning experience Good work environment
Cons
There is not much cons being an intern other than sometimes the pleasure is high
Great company for women due to internal quotas
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin7 October 2018
Overall good company which heavily depends on the area and the office. Lots of working from home.
Women are very lucky at IBM due to internal quota systems. Women with very little aptitude, skills or ability are far more likely to get promoted to team lead or management roles than men, in order to satisfy internal quotas with a number of departments (accounting, pricing, HR, GTS) now almost entirely consisting of women and managed exclusively by female management. Good work life balance especially for team leaders or managers who are women - no requirement to come to the office too often, encouraged to bring kids to school before 9 am and 10 am, collect from school between 2pm and 4pm. => effectively 4 hours work per day for 8 hours pay. Company pays 11 months maternity which is very good and prevents discrimination. There are women career development and support groups with attendance encouraged during work hours. And finally no discrimination policy with women often paid more than men.
Pros
Women friendly policies
Cons
Dated though newly refurbished offices, often inept management
Stable but staid
INFORMATION DEVELOPER / BUILD ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Cork17 August 2018
Working from Ireland, the day starts at normal business hours but often finished late due to time difference with West Coast of US. I learned many aspects of big company operations at IBM. Management is hierarchical and upper layers are often remote.

The workplace culture, in spite of the big-company backdrop, can be innovative and open-minded. The hardest part of the job is working across global timelines. The most enjoyable is the many opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
Flexibility about work hours
Cons
Long hours.
Worst Company I ever worked for
Agreement Manager and IT Systems Availability (Former Employee) –  Ballsbridge, County Dublin22 May 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for IBM. The management were poor communicators, mean and nasty to those under them. Expected you to take calls whilst at home and whilst on holidays, zero work/life balance. Basically they own you. Outwardly they try to cultivate a nice positive image however once inside the machine its a horrible place to work in
Pros
Good Exit Package
Cons
Long hours, Non-Existent Social Life, No career progression
Productive and Motivational Leadership
Situation Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 April 2018
I have worked as a Contractor within IBM, I was employed by Manpower Ireland Limited. I enjoyed my time in IBM and learned a lot about Management and Productivity.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long Hours
Old school but good technical staff
Analytics Client Architect (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2018
IBM is a large company, so room to move around. Going through a transformation, much needed, but not changing fast enough maybe. Good environment if you are technical. Basically, there is very little in the IT world that IBM does not have a solution for. Management are largely powerless at country level. A lot of bureaucracy as you might imagine.
Pros
Work like balance, freedom to learn, strong technical environment.
Cons
Poor management, no local empowerment
Race to the bottom
Wintel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 November 2017
IBM (GTS specifically) is now a place of maximum cost reduction, very little progression and a race to the bottom. Too much inefficient middle management creating interference, red tape and undue stress in the work place, plenty of buzz words and corporate speak, talking the right talk but they do not back it up. Unfortunately IBM used to be a great place to work and still has some great people but it has lost its shine and is no better that any other major outsourcing firm in the race to the bottom. Skeleton teams are now over worked and under appreciated. Which leads to regular fire fighting and more often that not you have to figure it out yourself with very little guidance. Further your expected to "Over" perform to gain any meaningful bonus and honest hard work is rarely recognized. The problem is IBM over sell their services and under deliver which invariably leads to the brunt being taken by the line staff. It's a pity about the short sighted approach and has taken a massive toll on IBM's once great name. Good job security with IBM but no a great long term prospect, go for the experience but don't stay too long.
Pros
You can get Good experience, good people, good job security
Cons
Hard to progress your salary, Red tape, iniffecient management. Left to fend for yourself.
IBM is a good place to work.
Cash Manager in the treasury department (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2017
Ibm is an interesting company. its a good place to work. theres a good salary, and the hours arent overly demanding. the management are quite good. its like every other multinational: a decent, if not incredible place to work. the treasury department can be a bit quiet, so if youre the talkative type you might want to consider that, but on the other hand the people who work there ae very easy to get on with.
Executive PA to Vice President and Directors (Former Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin3 August 2017
Worked in IBM for 17 years contracted to work for them by CPL. It was a very busy and people were very friendly and a good mix. My main responsibilities were diary management, expenses, travel, and back up for colleagues when on vacation.
Pros
Nice friendly environment
Cons
No chance of being made permanent
Excellent workplace environment
Software Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin24 April 2017
IBM is a good company to work for with a diverse workforce. Teamwork and strong people management is an important attribute for IBM leadership. IBM has embraced agile concepts and incorporates agile methodology as a project management resource.
Pros
Flexible work from home options and good training resources.
Cons
Market is changing with less production focus.
Excellent company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
i worked for 13 years for IBM , it was a great company to work for . they looked after there staff ensuring a perfect work life balance .they encouraged there staff to learn, i attained my diploma in management and completed many other courses , i also learned and completed lean training while working for IBM
Challenging and fun
Warehouse Supervisor/Logistics Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  IE9 March 2017
At IBM I worked in the logistics end for 7 years. My role was the supervision of a team of approximately 8 staff manageing the receipt and stock control of thousands of products weekly. As part of an internal opportunity I applied for and was successful at being appointed a logistic order analyst. Ths involved system management of all high end products from point of stock release to point of completion and shipment to the customer. The management were excellent and fully supportive.this role was for a period of 4 years.
The hardest part of this role was the volume of orders I managed on a daily basis which was very chellenging.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was working with many different departments and other IBM sites to ensure our products were delivered on time to our customers.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, yearly bonus, progressional opportunities.
Cons
Shift based hours.
Highly Valuable work place with lot of Diversity and Integrity
TEST ANALYST / TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2017
Simply, Highly Valuable/professional workplace to work. Having great values of Diversity and Integrity. Very member in this, have given me so much space to explore myself to learn, develop skills and knowledge. Management was so cooperative and motivated me all times. I love to work with the multi-cultured team, which motivates me to learn new things every day in day to day life. Working hours are so flexible, most of them are so friendly incomes to share of knowledge and experiences.
Pros
Team meeting, meet ups, shadows etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.7K