Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Management reviews

Ireland187 reviews
Management is great , its a great workplace to work at.
You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
HR were terrible to deal with, with exception of one person who was genuine and left before me due to terrible conditions. Treated like a second class behing actual IBM staff. Didnt receive any benefits. Was like torture to work there, pay was nowhere near enough and management only cared about the stats they needed not the staff
Ambiente relajado con buen equilibrio laboral y vida personal.
Amazing culture, great benefits, great pay, good opportunity to learn Salesforce and awesome people and management. None, Even if you feel any cons here, company will work to fix it. We're honoured that you felt so and hope it's still the same.
Colleagues were respectful as were managers. Money was OK but could do with a bit extra. Some bonus/ production supplements would be useful, both for employees and company moral which in turn boosts moral and production.
working from home and office based work . Sometimes on site at the client location. A diverse range of projects were on offer.Matrix management is the norm
Numbers numbers numbers, dont care about employees no trust you need to be in the click and have blue blood in your body to progress up the line, and if you put family first your finished
You will learn a lot about the corporate culture and how other IT companies basically copy and pasting them but IBM still remain a high investor-driven organization losing his value internally.
Fantastiskt företag, stort med mycket arbetsrutiner. Men ordning på allt och bra betalt om man jobbar på bra. Massor av möjligheter att vidare utbilda sig i företaget.
Trivdes mycket bra.
Pros
Förmåner, bra provision och bonus modell mead val av aktier i företaget eller pensionsinsättningar.
Cons
Mycket rutiner att följa, men det gav också ordning och säkerställde att kunderna fick de de skulle ha.
Very stressfull
IBM has more of a focus on meetings to discuss projects as opposed to discussing employee challanges

A regimental management regime.
I would not advise joining
Environnement de travail agreable dans un entreprise leader. Possibilites d'evolution interessantes.
IBM was a great place to work. I met great people there. I worked in different roles including the Systems Administration of the tester platforms in the Microelectronics Division. Platforms include Unix,Linux,DB2 VMS, OS2, DOS and IBM specific tester platforms. I also worked as support engineer on IBM cloud and on Prem applications such Digital Experience and Order Management.
I worked in IBM Digital Sales center in Dublin . They have very promising innovations and a bunch of very talented employees, however the complexity of the business model sometimes makes it hard to leverage these benefits.

Some part of the workforce is very reluctant to change which slow down innovation and improvement in proccesses. Hard to get hold of the right focal person to solve specific issues, and some employees are quite reluctant to help.

Regardless in my time in IBM Dublin I gained some highly valuable experiences and skills and were able to attend training for any business component or skills of my chosing. Overall a very valuable experience for my career.

Digital sales is (for better or worse) very seperated from the rest of the campus, with les benefits in terms of WFH and workers benefits. However they have a great environment in terms of a good employee program where you can volunteer to get involved in different project.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, good employee program
Cons
No extra benefits (not even free coffee), very complex business model, Management disagreements slow down innovation and processes
IBM est une entreprise tres grande et c pas aussi evident que les managers se comportent bien avec leurs enployes. C est tres difficile et intimidant pour les employes.
The typical day in IBM was fast-paced and demanding, I was in charge of delivering post to the 6 buildings on the campus. I brought in the post at around 8.45am and sorted it out to distribute to the different buildings. I learned and observed how people in the 'real' working world operate as it was my first time working in a large MNC. My manager was very helpful and gave me the required training in order to carry out my daily tasks. The workplace culture was generally relaxed, but there was the underlying hard-work ethic among the staff. The hardest part of the job was the time management aspect of having to manage what order I did which jobs, for example, I would have to decide and manage whether to deliver post or ensure if the confidential waste bins should be shredded or if printers were needed to be topped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with different office workers who worked in different departments which showed me what to expect when I start working for such a company in the future.
Pros
overtime pay, games room, extensive canteen
Empresa puntera que cuida mucho del personal y donde se puede evolucionar como profesional de una manera óptima
Release time is the critical day at work
I learned so many new technologies in IBM

very good management they care about your problems
Work place is very friendly and so good work culture
There is no hardest part as of now for me
Pros
Flexible Good salary Good learning experience Good work environment
Cons
There is not much cons being an intern other than sometimes the pleasure is high
Overall good company which heavily depends on the area and the office. Lots of working from home.
Women are very lucky at IBM due to internal quota systems.
Women with very little aptitude, skills or ability are far more likely to get promoted to team lead or management roles than men, in order to satisfy internal quotas with a number of departments (accounting, pricing, HR, GTS) now almost entirely consisting of women and managed exclusively by female management. Good work life balance especially for team leaders or managers who are women - no requirement to come to the office too often, encouraged to bring kids to school before 9 am and 10 am, collect from school between 2pm and 4pm. => effectively 4 hours work per day for 8 hours pay. Company pays 11 months maternity which is very good and prevents discrimination. There are women career development and support groups with attendance encouraged during work hours. And finally no discrimination policy with women often paid more than men.
Pros
Women friendly policies
Cons
Dated though newly refurbished offices, often inept management
Working from Ireland, the day starts at normal business hours but often finished late due to time difference with West Coast of US. I learned many aspects of big company operations at IBM. Management is hierarchical and upper layers are often remote.

The workplace culture, in spite of the big-company backdrop, can be innovative and open-minded. The hardest part of the job is working across global timelines. The most enjoyable is the many opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
Flexibility about work hours
Cons
Long hours.
I wouldn't recommend working for IBM. The management were poor communicators, mean and nasty to those under them. Expected you to take calls whilst at home and whilst on holidays, zero work/life balance. Basically they own you. Outwardly they try to cultivate a nice positive image however once inside the machine its a horrible place to work in
Pros
Good Exit Package
Cons
Long hours, Non-Existent Social Life, No career progression
Aprendizaje de trabajo en cadena con muchísimos departamentos.