IBM Management reviews

Management is great , its a great workplace to work at. You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
I have worked as a Contractor within IBM, I was employed by Manpower Ireland Limited. I enjoyed my time in IBM and learned a lot about Management and Productivity.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long Hours
IBM is a large company, so room to move around. Going through a transformation, much needed, but not changing fast enough maybe. Good environment if you are technical. Basically, there is very little in the IT world that IBM does not have a solution for. Management are largely powerless at country level. A lot of bureaucracy as you might imagine.
Pros
Work like balance, freedom to learn, strong technical environment.
Cons
Poor management, no local empowerment
IBM (GTS specifically) is now a place of maximum cost reduction, very little progression and a race to the bottom. Too much inefficient middle management creating interference, red tape and undue stress in the work place, plenty of buzz words and corporate speak, talking the right talk but they do not back it up. Unfortunately IBM used to be a great place to work and still has some great people but it has lost its shine and is no better that any other major outsourcing firm in the race to the bottom. Skeleton teams are now over worked and under appreciated. Which leads to regular fire fighting and more often that not you have to figure it out yourself with very little guidance. Further your expected to "Over" perform to gain any meaningful bonus and honest hard work is rarely recognized. The problem is IBM over sell their services and under deliver which invariably leads to the brunt being taken by the line staff. It's a pity about the short sighted approach and has taken a massive toll on IBM's once great name. Good job security with IBM but no a great long term prospect, go for the experience but don't stay too long.
Pros
You can get Good experience, good people, good job security
Cons
Hard to progress your salary, Red tape, iniffecient management. Left to fend for yourself.
Ibm is an interesting company. its a good place to work. theres a good salary, and the hours arent overly demanding. the management are quite good. its like every other multinational: a decent, if not incredible place to work. the treasury department can be a bit quiet, so if youre the talkative type you might want to consider that, but on the other hand the people who work there ae very easy to get on with.
Worked in IBM for 17 years contracted to work for them by CPL. It was a very busy and people were very friendly and a good mix. My main responsibilities were diary management, expenses, travel, and back up for colleagues when on vacation.
Pros
Nice friendly environment
Cons
No chance of being made permanent
IBM is a good company to work for with a diverse workforce. Teamwork and strong people management is an important attribute for IBM leadership. IBM has embraced agile concepts and incorporates agile methodology as a project management resource.
Pros
Flexible work from home options and good training resources.
Cons
Market is changing with less production focus.
i worked for 13 years for IBM , it was a great company to work for . they looked after there staff ensuring a perfect work life balance .they encouraged there staff to learn, i attained my diploma in management and completed many other courses , i also learned and completed lean training while working for IBM
At IBM I worked in the logistics end for 7 years. My role was the supervision of a team of approximately 8 staff manageing the receipt and stock control of thousands of products weekly. As part of an internal opportunity I applied for and was successful at being appointed a logistic order analyst. Ths involved system management of all high end products from point of stock release to point of completion and shipment to the customer. The management were excellent and fully supportive.this role was for a period of 4 years. The hardest part of this role was the volume of orders I managed on a daily basis which was very chellenging. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was working with many different departments and other IBM sites to ensure our products were delivered on time to our customers.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, yearly bonus, progressional opportunities.
Cons
Shift based hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Simply, Highly Valuable/professional workplace to work. Having great values of Diversity and Integrity. Very member in this, have given me so much space to explore myself to learn, develop skills and knowledge. Management was so cooperative and motivated me all times. I love to work with the multi-cultured team, which motivates me to learn new things every day in day to day life. Working hours are so flexible, most of them are so friendly incomes to share of knowledge and experiences.
Pros
Team meeting, meet ups, shadows etc
It is a nice place to work, car parking facilities, work from home are advantages. Nice healthcare and pension schemes. Management changes a lot and it seems it does not go on experience or knowledge but on nepotism and personal preference. No training or education programme. No bonuses.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
No Bonuses, Management, Politics
Multi-Task work. Great team. New challenges every day.Great Management team. Multicultural atmosphere. The hardest part of the day is the lack of training.
Enjoyable place to work and good team players in the company, management at lower levels very approachable and understanding of the needs of the Staff
Pros
good overall package
Cons
to much required at month ends
IBM is not a bad place to work. There is plenty of experience to gain in various teams. Team leaders are good but when moved to management they become management and leadership skills dwindle due to the amount of work and process. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the cumbersome processes. Causes delays and unhappy customers. Most enjoyable would be interaction with the other cultures.
Pros
Security
Cons
To much process
Great work place with supportive management. Calm and flexible work time. Possible to work from home two days a week. You have tones of opportunities to learn new things at IBM. There's a lot of online training courses. Friendly co-workers. There are some challenges, but it is fine. You can grow anywhere within the company.
Emphasis on a combined work effort in both teamwork and individual work. Great community feeling among the coworkers. Approachable management, and friendly atmosphere.
With IBM's current market strategy focusing its attention on cloud services it is interesting to experience the evolution from its on prem solutions. A typical day at work would consist of working through a pipeline of customers that have upcoming renewals due, reviewing their current contracts and quoting based on their expired billings. As well, contacting some customers on small deals to ensure targets are met. The atmosphere within the company is quite relaxed with a friendly approachable management team and co-workers that are happy to help with whatever issues arise. The hardest part of the job working within the Central Eastern Europe territory would be, depending on the business sector, ensuring on time renewals to meet targets. But as well this can be one of the most enjoyably, once that you feel your customer is satisfied with the service provided.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment, approachable management
Cons
Career progression difficult
Work as an End To End can be challenging at times but it does have its benefits. My typical day of work includes preparing reports for the management and then working on any new tasks incoming by mail or sametime chat - this could be anything from complaint handling, resolving issues agents weren't able to fix and need help with or from time to time chasing IBM resolvers for answers on aged incidents. The added benefit of my position is that from time to time I am allowed to work on my own projects - this in the past included setting up / upgrading mediawiki for our account, setting up a backup Linux webserver for our account using LAMP, working on connection to our client systems directly from Linux using FreeRDP and ProxyChains without the use of KVM virtual machine as a man in the middle as well as wiritng together with my colleague shell script to make this setup automatic, helping agents on the desk with Linux issues / queries. All in all I enjoyed working for IBM but I feel this is the point in my career where I would like to move to a more specific Linux support.
IBM is a good place to grow as it has different paths. It is ok to work here but I also acknowledge that it is not a place to be working for a long period of time as the salary is quite law compared to the average. The management is quite poor too and only if you have good contacts, then, the'll look after you
Pros
Place you can start your path in IT and management
Cons
Poor salary, poor management, expensive (and not nice) food.
For someone with good experience IBM is not the best place as the salary is not ok. They promise you loads of things and benefices and career progression, but they don't keep their words. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Typical Day. Working in Vary from day to day as that give me new challenges as issue crop up on Inventory systems which motivate me to get things do even when the area I work is quiet. I learned to the inventory control system such as SAP/Mapics Quality and internal Auditor Management and co worked were great support during my time with the company.enjoyed working with such a diverse company. Hardest part is when system failed trying to get things done.
Pros
Working with a great team of co workers and management
Cons
Long hours and changing shift hours