IBM Pay & Benefits reviews

great people

good location

car parking
Software Engineer
Good place to start your career. Extremely good work/life balance. The benefits are health insurance and pension. The salary is generally below the average.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Salary
Service center
Worked for Manpower at IBM, the work was simple and straight forward. The working conditions where average and no real benefits. Colleagues where nice enough
Excellent company to work for.Salary was good.
The hours are great as I was allowed do shift work with helped me combine work and home life.
Salary was on par and above in some areas
I would go back one day.
Excellent work life balance, good pay and benefits, great colleagues. Loads of learning resources available fo all employees. A good place to start your career.
Proffesional workplace with lots of opportunities to learn
I worked in IBM Digital Sales center in Dublin . They have very promising innovations and a bunch of very talented employees, however the complexity of the business model sometimes makes it hard to leverage these benefits.

Some part of the workforce is very reluctant to change which slow down innovation and improvement in proccesses. Hard to get hold of the right focal person to solve specific issues, and some employees are quite reluctant to help.

Regardless in my time in IBM Dublin I gained some highly valuable experiences and skills and were able to attend training for any business component or skills of my chosing. Overall a very valuable experience for my career.

Digital sales is (for better or worse) very seperated from the rest of the campus, with les benefits in terms of WFH and workers benefits. However they have a great environment in terms of a good employee program where you can volunteer to get involved in different project.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, good employee program
Cons
No extra benefits (not even free coffee), very complex business model, Management disagreements slow down innovation and processes
Software Support Enginner
In general its a great place to start your career with a good salary.
I was given an intermediate training just to know how things work in general. I with lucky to work with the best team in the campus, great job culture and friendly environment. Could always count on my colleges when needed.
Pros
Nice place, games room and great atmosphere.
Cons
Senior members like to delegate
Good to work in IBM
Release time is the critical day at work
I learned so many new technologies in IBM

very good management they care about your problems

Work place is very friendly and so good work culture

There is no hardest part as of now for me
Pros
Flexible Good salary Good learning experience Good work environment
Cons
There is not much cons being an intern other than sometimes the pleasure is high
Great to work for
Excellent company with great training, career progression and salary. Also excellent work life balance and ability to work from home.Overall a very positive experience.
Pros
Work from home, work-life balance.
Good for first experience
Great people, and very flexible. Human company, and very goal oriented.

A big plus is that they do not micro-manage people.

However, depending on the department, be ready for long hours on month and quarter ends, prepare to work weekends and bank holidays. You can't take vacations when you want, and Christmas time is always the worse.

It's good to create CV, spend there 2 or 3 years, but if you don't progress in your career during that time, move on.
mediocare place to work. it's huge corporate place.
good food in the canteen. high security means no phones allowed, minimum wages, no benefits, one must own a car or use bus 38 only. the place is very far from Dublin city center.
Pros
l used to live close to it
Cons
no benefits, work for 6 mnts a year only
hard to have a career
I was a contractor but it is really hard to get a career if you don't enter as an IBMr. Nothing was free in the canteen and I had no benefits (only free GP). I was a quoter (I think this department doesn't exist anymore)
Pros
8 hours work no longer free weekend
Cons
no canteen, no health insurance and pension
Race to the bottom
IBM (GTS specifically) is now a place of maximum cost reduction, very little progression and a race to the bottom. Too much inefficient middle management creating interference, red tape and undue stress in the work place, plenty of buzz words and corporate speak, talking the right talk but they do not back it up. Unfortunately IBM used to be a great place to work and still has some great people but it has lost its shine and is no better that any other major outsourcing firm in the race to the bottom. Skeleton teams are now over worked and under appreciated. Which leads to regular fire fighting and more often that not you have to figure it out yourself with very little guidance. Further your expected to "Over" perform to gain any meaningful bonus and honest hard work is rarely recognized. The problem is IBM over sell their services and under deliver which invariably leads to the brunt being taken by the line staff. It's a pity about the short sighted approach and has taken a massive toll on IBM's once great name. Good job security with IBM but no a great long term prospect, go for the experience but don't stay too long.
Pros
You can get Good experience, good people, good job security
Cons
Hard to progress your salary, Red tape, iniffecient management. Left to fend for yourself.
Good company to start in the sales area
IBM has many benefits for those who are starters in the sales area. The renewals department has many benefits like a good salary, good environment to work in and many tools to start your learning. You can also work remotely from time to time, which is a positive thing.

The cons of working in IBM is the location of the company, which is very far from the city center. Bus is not provided by the company and the private company that links the city center to the site is very poor quality. Another cons is that you have to pay for the food during lunch, which is a bit over expensive. No health insurance for sales people. To finish, it is a bit old-fashioned, so if you are looking for something fresh, maybe it's not the best fist.
Pros
good salary, comissions, work environment is great, suitable for beginners
Cons
No food provided, no transport provided, no health insurance, difficult to climb up the ladder
IBM is a good place to work.
Ibm is an interesting company. its a good place to work. theres a good salary, and the hours arent overly demanding. the management are quite good. its like every other multinational: a decent, if not incredible place to work. the treasury department can be a bit quiet, so if youre the talkative type you might want to consider that, but on the other hand the people who work there ae very easy to get on with.
Transition phase
I happened to start during a transition phase in which many seniors left the company, therefore at the moment we are struggling in acquiring the knowledge we need to comply to our internal process.
I am a contractor and have no benefits whatsoever. If I am sick I do not get paid and there aren't real chances of career progression at the moment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary and Job insecurity
very hard for progression and bad work culture
There is no drive in the employees, hard to gain progression in IBM Ireland, Salary is not great. But it is easy work and you can gave a good life style.
great place to work
everyone there support each other no matter if is private personal or work business support is there. great working hours. good social events. good team work
Cons
nice place good work place.
had a good time working there i was sad when i had to leave it as there was no chance of being kept on after the short time i was there.
very close to where i am living which was a plus.
Pros
lunch given
Great work/life balance
IBM might not give you many benefits, but they are very flexible in accommodating your needs when it goes to your work/life balance.
As all the big companies there might be a bit too much bureaucracy, but things are changing fast.
Pros
healthcare
fun place to work
I found my time in IBM to be very pleasant to work for it is a very big place with lots of different departments and is very easy to get lost if you don't known were your going
Pros
free lunches