IBM Employee Review

IBM = I've Been Moved (a lot)
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2019
Four or five distinct roles in different businesses over two decadea - all.with continuity of employment. IBM has been the job for life my teachers at school told me back in the 90s didn't exist anymore.
Piles of training and other learning experiences, some great mentors and managers. Lots of customer facing with big enterprises that generally respect IBM. I have travelled once or twice a year overseas. The corporation paid over 20k in my college fees over the years.
Great international workforce in IBM Ireland. Some really super people.
The corporation is serious about being ethical and trustworthy.
Really there are many positives. I am very glad I joined and stayed.
Downsides are the bureaucracy of decision making and policies. IBMers value compliance over many other things- innovation, risk taking etc.
Second downside is the flat career progression. Two decades with a single promotion is my story and is not unusual. Getting an MBA, taking on a manager role and continuous strong annual ratings left me with zero extra. Also, the bonuses are zero to 2%.
But that is the trade off I accepted for very steady employment.
Pros
Big with many opportunities, training & education, interesting clients
Cons
Bureaucracy, no promotions

Other IBM Employee Reviews

Produktiv och stimulerande arbetsmiljö
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  County Dublin15 November 2019
Fantastiskt företag, stort med mycket arbetsrutiner. Men ordning på allt och bra betalt om man jobbar på bra. Massor av möjligheter att vidare utbilda sig i företaget.
Trivdes mycket bra.
Pros
Förmåner, bra provision och bonus modell mead val av aktier i företaget eller pensionsinsättningar.
Cons
Mycket rutiner att följa, men det gav också ordning och säkerställde att kunderna fick de de skulle ha.
flexible, friendly
Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 November 2019
Lovely atmosphere, friendly, comfortable. I enjoyed going in every day, loved my team and enjoyed the work. I learned lots while there and worked hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.4K