IBM Employee Reviews

Found 158 reviews matching the search See all 27,592 reviews
ORDER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 June 2019
I was hired to the bench but was told there was a client for me. Straight off they were expecting me to find my own client when I'd just got the job. The job search portal and being reduced from a strong niche consultant to a 'maybe support at best' was extremely disheartening and my team dissolved within a month of my hire.

On the positive side, they were extremely good at dealing with my disability. Good people work here, I was just in an unlucky position I think. They are a good enough company that I would consider working there again if we can sort through why things didn't work out.
productive
Server's /ATM builder (Former Employee) –  IE18 May 2019
they gave me opportunity to improved and progress in the field of engineering, and the working environment is unbelievable due to multicultural work force.
IBM = I've Been Moved (a lot)
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2019
Four or five distinct roles in different businesses over two decadea - all.with continuity of employment. IBM has been the job for life my teachers at school told me back in the 90s didn't exist anymore.
Piles of training and other learning experiences, some great mentors and managers. Lots of customer facing with big enterprises that generally respect IBM. I have travelled once or twice a year overseas. The corporation paid over 20k in my college fees over the years.
Great international workforce in IBM Ireland. Some really super people.
The corporation is serious about being ethical and trustworthy.
Really there are many positives. I am very glad I joined and stayed.
Downsides are the bureaucracy of decision making and policies. IBMers value compliance over many other things- innovation, risk taking etc.
Second downside is the flat career progression. Two decades with a single promotion is my story and is not unusual. Getting an MBA, taking on a manager role and continuous strong annual ratings left me with zero extra. Also, the bonuses are zero to 2%.
But that is the trade off I accepted for very steady employment.
Pros
Big with many opportunities, training & education, interesting clients
Cons
Bureaucracy, no promotions
IBM Review
Extreme Blue Internship (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 April 2019
A typical day involved day to day operations of 2 projects and coming up with business strategies.

Co ordination and team work where a necessity

It was a multicultural work environment where everyone helped each other.

The hardest part was to allign two projects which I was part of to take the same pace at development
Pros
Dynaic environment
Cons
technical work
Three month work experience
Postman (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland5 March 2019
The typical day in IBM was fast-paced and demanding, I was in charge of delivering post to the 6 buildings on the campus. I brought in the post at around 8.45am and sorted it out to distribute to the different buildings. I learned and observed how people in the 'real' working world operate as it was my first time working in a large MNC. My manager was very helpful and gave me the required training in order to carry out my daily tasks. The workplace culture was generally relaxed, but there was the underlying hard-work ethic among the staff. The hardest part of the job was the time management aspect of having to manage what order I did which jobs, for example, I would have to decide and manage whether to deliver post or ensure if the confidential waste bins should be shredded or if printers were needed to be topped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with different office workers who worked in different departments which showed me what to expect when I start working for such a company in the future.
Pros
overtime pay, games room, extensive canteen
Ambiente joven
DIGITAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  County Dublin19 February 2019
Empresa puntera que cuida mucho del personal y donde se puede evolucionar como profesional de una manera óptima
Software Support Enginner
ECM Software Support engineer, customer support (Former Employee) –  Dublin IBM Campus6 February 2019
In general its a great place to start your career with a good salary.
I was given an intermediate training just to know how things work in general. I with lucky to work with the best team in the campus, great job culture and friendly environment. Could always count on my colleges when needed.
Pros
Nice place, games room and great atmosphere.
Cons
Senior members like to delegate
Daily Career Goals
Unix Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2019
Reliable, open-minded, self-confident and highly motivated IT environment. I pride myself on my logical and thorough approach to problem solving. Multi-site, multi-cultural organization. Ambition is to enhance my skills and experience within a stimulating and progressive IT focused organisation.
Pros
Openminded co-workers
Ibm
PE (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 January 2019
Ik heb bij IBM een enorm dynamische tijd mogen hebben waarbij ik mijn IT scope behoorlijk heb kunnen verbreden, ook op internationaal niveau.
Pros
Internationaal elan
Cons
Heel politiek bewogen bedrijf
Great place to work and present your talent on desired paltform.
Technical Sales & Renewals Mgr UKI (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland6 December 2018
Great place to work and present your talent on the desired platform.IBM cannot be compared with any organization as far as i have worked in my career.
Good to work in IBM
Watson Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Damastown, County Dublin3 December 2018
Release time is the critical day at work
I learned so many new technologies in IBM
very good management they care about your problems
Work place is very friendly and so good work culture
There is no hardest part as of now for me
Pros
Flexible Good salary Good learning experience Good work environment
Cons
There is not much cons being an intern other than sometimes the pleasure is high
Fun workplace
Finance & Planning Analyst Dec 2004- Dec 2011 (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 November 2018
Fun workplace, diversity, retsaraunt, great fun, time of my life, miss it very waking moment, cry myself to sleep thinking about it, oh I wish |I was back there.
Good workplace and good advancement opportunities
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2018
Friendly and helpful managers who support you in the company as well as when you intend to change jobs or want to get promoted.Overall a very good experience for me.
Great to work for
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 October 2018
Excellent company with great training, career progression and salary. Also excellent work life balance and ability to work from home.Overall a very positive experience.
Pros
Work from home, work-life balance.
Great company for women due to internal quotas
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin7 October 2018
Overall good company which heavily depends on the area and the office. Lots of working from home.
Women are very lucky at IBM due to internal quota systems. Women with very little aptitude, skills or ability are far more likely to get promoted to team lead or management roles than men, in order to satisfy internal quotas with a number of departments (accounting, pricing, HR, GTS) now almost entirely consisting of women and managed exclusively by female management. Good work life balance especially for team leaders or managers who are women - no requirement to come to the office too often, encouraged to bring kids to school before 9 am and 10 am, collect from school between 2pm and 4pm. => effectively 4 hours work per day for 8 hours pay. Company pays 11 months maternity which is very good and prevents discrimination. There are women career development and support groups with attendance encouraged during work hours. And finally no discrimination policy with women often paid more than men.
Pros
Women friendly policies
Cons
Dated though newly refurbished offices, often inept management
Ingénieur Commercial (Current Employee) –  County Dublin1 October 2018
Poste tres complet - environnement international -
Good for first experience
CUSTOMER FULFILLMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 September 2018
Great people, and very flexible. Human company, and very goal oriented.

A big plus is that they do not micro-manage people.

However, depending on the department, be ready for long hours on month and quarter ends, prepare to work weekends and bank holidays. You can't take vacations when you want, and Christmas time is always the worse.

It's good to create CV, spend there 2 or 3 years, but if you don't progress in your career during that time, move on.
Stable but staid
INFORMATION DEVELOPER / BUILD ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Cork17 August 2018
Working from Ireland, the day starts at normal business hours but often finished late due to time difference with West Coast of US. I learned many aspects of big company operations at IBM. Management is hierarchical and upper layers are often remote.

The workplace culture, in spite of the big-company backdrop, can be innovative and open-minded. The hardest part of the job is working across global timelines. The most enjoyable is the many opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
Flexibility about work hours
Cons
Long hours.
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin15 July 2018
nice place to at very accomodating, a melting pot to meet different people from different places and opportunity to advance in the company in difference department
Worst Company I ever worked for
Agreement Manager and IT Systems Availability (Former Employee) –  Ballsbridge, County Dublin22 May 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for IBM. The management were poor communicators, mean and nasty to those under them. Expected you to take calls whilst at home and whilst on holidays, zero work/life balance. Basically they own you. Outwardly they try to cultivate a nice positive image however once inside the machine its a horrible place to work in
Pros
Good Exit Package
Cons
Long hours, Non-Existent Social Life, No career progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.3K