IBM Employee Reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the search See all 28,481 reviews
Fun workplace
Finance & Planning Analyst Dec 2004- Dec 2011 (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 November 2018
Fun workplace, diversity, retsaraunt, great fun, time of my life, miss it very waking moment, cry myself to sleep thinking about it, oh I wish |I was back there.
Good workplace and good advancement opportunities
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2018
Friendly and helpful managers who support you in the company as well as when you intend to change jobs or want to get promoted.Overall a very good experience for me.
Great to work for
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 October 2018
Excellent company with great training, career progression and salary. Also excellent work life balance and ability to work from home.Overall a very positive experience.
Pros
Work from home, work-life balance.
Great company for women due to internal quotas
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mulhuddart, County Dublin7 October 2018
Overall good company which heavily depends on the area and the office. Lots of working from home.
Women are very lucky at IBM due to internal quota systems. Women with very little aptitude, skills or ability are far more likely to get promoted to team lead or management roles than men, in order to satisfy internal quotas with a number of departments (accounting, pricing, HR, GTS) now almost entirely consisting of women and managed exclusively by female management. Good work life balance especially for team leaders or managers who are women - no requirement to come to the office too often, encouraged to bring kids to school before 9 am and 10 am, collect from school between 2pm and 4pm. => effectively 4 hours work per day for 8 hours pay. Company pays 11 months maternity which is very good and prevents discrimination. There are women career development and support groups with attendance encouraged during work hours. And finally no discrimination policy with women often paid more than men.
Pros
Women friendly policies
Cons
Dated though newly refurbished offices, often inept management
Ingénieur Commercial (Current Employee) –  County Dublin1 October 2018
Poste tres complet - environnement international -
Good for first experience
CUSTOMER FULFILLMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 September 2018
Great people, and very flexible. Human company, and very goal oriented.

A big plus is that they do not micro-manage people.

However, depending on the department, be ready for long hours on month and quarter ends, prepare to work weekends and bank holidays. You can't take vacations when you want, and Christmas time is always the worse.

It's good to create CV, spend there 2 or 3 years, but if you don't progress in your career during that time, move on.
Stable but staid
INFORMATION DEVELOPER / BUILD ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Cork17 August 2018
Working from Ireland, the day starts at normal business hours but often finished late due to time difference with West Coast of US. I learned many aspects of big company operations at IBM. Management is hierarchical and upper layers are often remote.

The workplace culture, in spite of the big-company backdrop, can be innovative and open-minded. The hardest part of the job is working across global timelines. The most enjoyable is the many opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
Flexibility about work hours
Cons
Long hours.
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin15 July 2018
nice place to at very accomodating, a melting pot to meet different people from different places and opportunity to advance in the company in difference department
Worst Company I ever worked for
Agreement Manager and IT Systems Availability (Former Employee) –  Ballsbridge, County Dublin22 May 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for IBM. The management were poor communicators, mean and nasty to those under them. Expected you to take calls whilst at home and whilst on holidays, zero work/life balance. Basically they own you. Outwardly they try to cultivate a nice positive image however once inside the machine its a horrible place to work in
Pros
Good Exit Package
Cons
Long hours, Non-Existent Social Life, No career progression
mediocare place to work. it's huge corporate place.
server assembly (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
good food in the canteen. high security means no phones allowed, minimum wages, no benefits, one must own a car or use bus 38 only. the place is very far from Dublin city center.
Pros
l used to live close to it
Cons
no benefits, work for 6 mnts a year only
Great place to work nice people
Digital Sales EMEA (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 May 2018
A great place to work lovely office an good location
Lots of opportunities to move across different teams
Nice facilities
Great people
Pay is average
Hard place to leave
Pros
People
Aprendizaje
calidad (Former Employee) –  County Dublin16 May 2018
Aprendizaje de trabajo en cadena con muchísimos departamentos.
Typical US tech company
Cloud Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2018
Digital sales organisation, in the midst of transitioning into Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services provider, leveraging extensive portfolio of existing complimentary software & services as unique selling point to gain market share. Reasonably flexible in terms of Work/Life balance. Overly complex matrix organization.
Pros
Good education opportunities
Cons
Long hours expected
I would recommend IBM
Operations and Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2018
IBM is a good place to work with lots of opportunities for people. IBM is focused on success and always looking at new challenges. A very strategic company.
Good work but no progression or freedom
Manager UK (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 April 2018
Good work but no progression or freedom, just do your 9-5 for good pay and never stray from the same routine.

To progress you have to know the right person or have been there for 7/8 years+
hard to have a career
Renewal Quote Rep, (Sales support) (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 April 2018
I was a contractor but it is really hard to get a career if you don't enter as an IBMr. Nothing was free in the canteen and I had no benefits (only free GP). I was a quoter (I think this department doesn't exist anymore)
Pros
8 hours work no longer free weekend
Cons
no canteen, no health insurance and pension
Productive and Motivational Leadership
Situation Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 April 2018
I have worked as a Contractor within IBM, I was employed by Manpower Ireland Limited. I enjoyed my time in IBM and learned a lot about Management and Productivity.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long Hours
General ok
Software developer (Current Employee) –  Dublin Ireland12 March 2018
I have been worked in IBM for 5 years. It is a good company. I have been working in different project. My core work is develop java applications. I enjoyed most of the time working here.
Old school but good technical staff
Analytics Client Architect (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2018
IBM is a large company, so room to move around. Going through a transformation, much needed, but not changing fast enough maybe. Good environment if you are technical. Basically, there is very little in the IT world that IBM does not have a solution for. Management are largely powerless at country level. A lot of bureaucracy as you might imagine.
Pros
Work like balance, freedom to learn, strong technical environment.
Cons
Poor management, no local empowerment
Positiva
nao tenho experiencia (Former Employee) –  County Dublin20 December 2017
Empresa dinâmica, flexível, inovadora. Salário de mercado.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.6K