How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

IBM Employee Reviews

Ireland187 reviews
Management is great , its a great workplace to work at.
You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
roligt arbetsplats, can tell you more in one interview
Excellent work life balance, good pay and benefits, great colleagues. Loads of learning resources available fo all employees. A good place to start your career.
Typical day in IBM

Providing End-to-End support for approx. 400 ends user over the phone or through email

Minor AD administration e.g. password reset, account unlock, changes to security groups

Supporting Lotus Notes

First level support for Outlook

First level support for Citrix environment and Full pc’s/laptops

Mail releases on request

Liaise with resolver groups for efficient and swift resolution on tickets

Write up information documents on possible working solutions that we have found and update the knowledge database where this information is stored

Provide instructions, on request, to user via email on issue where they can resolve themselves
Pros
Good entry level experience
Cons
Often overlooked depending on position
Great place to learn and explore your domain expertise to the next level. one can choose multilateral domains to persuade the career at IBM. Thank you
Estuve agusto, aprendí inglés, jefes de equipo cercanos, horario rotatorio, horas extras muy bien pagadas
Great place to work. Good manager. Great deal of autonomy as well as open to new ideas that I put forward. My team was especially agreeable. A mixture of nationalities all with thier own personalities and skills.
I worked in IBM Digital Sales center in Dublin . They have very promising innovations and a bunch of very talented employees, however the complexity of the business model sometimes makes it hard to leverage these benefits.

Some part of the workforce is very reluctant to change which slow down innovation and improvement in proccesses. Hard to get hold of the right focal person to solve specific issues, and some employees are quite reluctant to help.

Regardless in my time in IBM Dublin I gained some highly valuable experiences and skills and were able to attend training for any business component or skills of my chosing. Overall a very valuable experience for my career.

Digital sales is (for better or worse) very seperated from the rest of the campus, with les benefits in terms of WFH and workers benefits. However they have a great environment in terms of a good employee program where you can volunteer to get involved in different project.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, good employee program
Cons
No extra benefits (not even free coffee), very complex business model, Management disagreements slow down innovation and processes
IBM est une entreprise tres grande et c pas aussi evident que les managers se comportent bien avec leurs enployes. C est tres difficile et intimidant pour les employes.
I was hired to the bench but was told there was a client for me. Straight off they were expecting me to find my own client when I'd just got the job. The job search portal and being reduced from a strong niche consultant to a 'maybe support at best' was extremely disheartening and my team dissolved within a month of my hire.

On the positive side, they were extremely good at dealing with my disability. Good people work here, I was just in an unlucky position I think. They are a good enough company that I would consider working there again if we can sort through why things didn't work out.
they gave me opportunity to improved and progress in the field of engineering, and the working environment is unbelievable due to multicultural work force.
Four or five distinct roles in different businesses over two decadea - all.with continuity of employment. IBM has been the job for life my teachers at school told me back in the 90s didn't exist anymore.
Piles of training and other learning experiences, some great mentors and managers. Lots of customer facing with big enterprises that generally respect IBM. I have travelled once or twice a year overseas. The corporation paid over 20k in my college fees over the years.

Great international workforce in IBM Ireland. Some really super people.

The corporation is serious about being ethical and trustworthy.

Really there are many positives. I am very glad I joined and stayed.

Downsides are the bureaucracy of decision making and policies. IBMers value compliance over many other things- innovation, risk taking etc.

Second downside is the flat career progression. Two decades with a single promotion is my story and is not unusual. Getting an MBA, taking on a manager role and continuous strong annual ratings left me with zero extra. Also, the bonuses are zero to 2%.

But that is the trade off I accepted for very steady employment.
Pros
Big with many opportunities, training & education, interesting clients
Cons
Bureaucracy, no promotions
A typical day involved day to day operations of 2 projects and coming up with business strategies.

Co ordination and team work where a necessity

It was a multicultural work environment where everyone helped each other.

The hardest part was to allign two projects which I was part of to take the same pace at development
Pros
Dynaic environment
Cons
technical work
The typical day in IBM was fast-paced and demanding, I was in charge of delivering post to the 6 buildings on the campus. I brought in the post at around 8.45am and sorted it out to distribute to the different buildings. I learned and observed how people in the 'real' working world operate as it was my first time working in a large MNC. My manager was very helpful and gave me the required training in order to carry out my daily tasks. The workplace culture was generally relaxed, but there was the underlying hard-work ethic among the staff. The hardest part of the job was the time management aspect of having to manage what order I did which jobs, for example, I would have to decide and manage whether to deliver post or ensure if the confidential waste bins should be shredded or if printers were needed to be topped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with different office workers who worked in different departments which showed me what to expect when I start working for such a company in the future.
Pros
overtime pay, games room, extensive canteen
Empresa puntera que cuida mucho del personal y donde se puede evolucionar como profesional de una manera óptima
In general its a great place to start your career with a good salary.
I was given an intermediate training just to know how things work in general. I with lucky to work with the best team in the campus, great job culture and friendly environment. Could always count on my colleges when needed.
Pros
Nice place, games room and great atmosphere.
Cons
Senior members like to delegate
Reliable, open-minded, self-confident and highly motivated IT environment. I pride myself on my logical and thorough approach to problem solving. Multi-site, multi-cultural organization. Ambition is to enhance my skills and experience within a stimulating and progressive IT focused organisation.
Pros
Openminded co-workers
Ik heb bij IBM een enorm dynamische tijd mogen hebben waarbij ik mijn IT scope behoorlijk heb kunnen verbreden, ook op internationaal niveau.
Pros
Internationaal elan
Cons
Heel politiek bewogen bedrijf
Great place to work and present your talent on the desired platform.IBM cannot be compared with any organization as far as i have worked in my career.
Release time is the critical day at work
I learned so many new technologies in IBM

very good management they care about your problems

Work place is very friendly and so good work culture

There is no hardest part as of now for me
Pros
Flexible Good salary Good learning experience Good work environment
Cons
There is not much cons being an intern other than sometimes the pleasure is high
Fun workplace, diversity, retsaraunt, great fun, time of my life, miss it very waking moment, cry myself to sleep thinking about it, oh I wish |I was back there.