IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Management is great , its a great workplace to work at. You have good chances to advance and have a great career if you show that you would like to progress.
Great place to work and present your talent on the desired platform.IBM cannot be compared with any organization as far as i have worked in my career.
Release time is the critical day at work I learned so many new technologies in IBM very good management they care about your problems Work place is very friendly and so good work culture There is no hardest part as of now for me
Pros
Flexible Good salary Good learning experience Good work environment
Cons
There is not much cons being an intern other than sometimes the pleasure is high
Fun workplace, diversity, retsaraunt, great fun, time of my life, miss it very waking moment, cry myself to sleep thinking about it, oh I wish |I was back there.
Friendly and helpful managers who support you in the company as well as when you intend to change jobs or want to get promoted.Overall a very good experience for me.
Excellent company with great training, career progression and salary. Also excellent work life balance and ability to work from home.Overall a very positive experience.
Pros
Work from home, work-life balance.
Overall good company which heavily depends on the area and the office. Lots of working from home. Women are very lucky at IBM due to internal quota systems. Women with very little aptitude, skills or ability are far more likely to get promoted to team lead or management roles than men, in order to satisfy internal quotas with a number of departments (accounting, pricing, HR, GTS) now almost entirely consisting of women and managed exclusively by female management. Good work life balance especially for team leaders or managers who are women - no requirement to come to the office too often, encouraged to bring kids to school before 9 am and 10 am, collect from school between 2pm and 4pm. => effectively 4 hours work per day for 8 hours pay. Company pays 11 months maternity which is very good and prevents discrimination. There are women career development and support groups with attendance encouraged during work hours. And finally no discrimination policy with women often paid more than men.
Pros
Women friendly policies
Cons
Dated though newly refurbished offices, often inept management
Poste tres complet - environnement international -
Great people, and very flexible. Human company, and very goal oriented. A big plus is that they do not micro-manage people. However, depending on the department, be ready for long hours on month and quarter ends, prepare to work weekends and bank holidays. You can't take vacations when you want, and Christmas time is always the worse. It's good to create CV, spend there 2 or 3 years, but if you don't progress in your career during that time, move on.
Working from Ireland, the day starts at normal business hours but often finished late due to time difference with West Coast of US. I learned many aspects of big company operations at IBM. Management is hierarchical and upper layers are often remote. The workplace culture, in spite of the big-company backdrop, can be innovative and open-minded. The hardest part of the job is working across global timelines. The most enjoyable is the many opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
Flexibility about work hours
Cons
Long hours.
nice place to at very accomodating, a melting pot to meet different people from different places and opportunity to advance in the company in difference department
I wouldn't recommend working for IBM. The management were poor communicators, mean and nasty to those under them. Expected you to take calls whilst at home and whilst on holidays, zero work/life balance. Basically they own you. Outwardly they try to cultivate a nice positive image however once inside the machine its a horrible place to work in
Pros
Good Exit Package
Cons
Long hours, Non-Existent Social Life, No career progression
good food in the canteen. high security means no phones allowed, minimum wages, no benefits, one must own a car or use bus 38 only. the place is very far from Dublin city center.
Pros
l used to live close to it
Cons
no benefits, work for 6 mnts a year only
A great place to work lovely office an good location Lots of opportunities to move across different teams Nice facilities Great people Pay is average Hard place to leave
Pros
People
Cons
Aprendizaje de trabajo en cadena con muchísimos departamentos.
Digital sales organisation, in the midst of transitioning into Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services provider, leveraging extensive portfolio of existing complimentary software & services as unique selling point to gain market share. Reasonably flexible in terms of Work/Life balance. Overly complex matrix organization.
Pros
Good education opportunities
Cons
Long hours expected
IBM is a good place to work with lots of opportunities for people. IBM is focused on success and always looking at new challenges. A very strategic company.
Good work but no progression or freedom, just do your 9-5 for good pay and never stray from the same routine. To progress you have to know the right person or have been there for 7/8 years+
I was a contractor but it is really hard to get a career if you don't enter as an IBMr. Nothing was free in the canteen and I had no benefits (only free GP). I was a quoter (I think this department doesn't exist anymore)
Pros
8 hours work no longer free weekend
Cons
no canteen, no health insurance and pension
I have worked as a Contractor within IBM, I was employed by Manpower Ireland Limited. I enjoyed my time in IBM and learned a lot about Management and Productivity.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long Hours
I have been worked in IBM for 5 years. It is a good company. I have been working in different project. My core work is develop java applications. I enjoyed most of the time working here.
  1. Employee reviews